• Raised $0.00

WGTN: White ver 8 sti ra spec c stolen

1CE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.Rev said:

thats a brazen steal...how did they get it out past the ticket station? Just buy another ticket?..Any cameras under there? Will keep an eye out of course.

If the ticket was in the stolen car then not a problem.

My brain thinks that I saw this car in paremata/whitby today but I can\'t recall and think the one I saw had a spoiler

Edit: Actually yes I did see one today but it had a GXXYYY licence plate and I think was a bugeye.

Will keep an eye out

Yeh Greg was driving round this morning. They smashed through the barrier to get out. Camera footage being reviewed and passed on to police but im not too confident itl pick anything up. Cameras only on entrance/exit, would hav got car exiting at speed, only view through rear windscreen. Only chance is catching them coming in to the car park before they stole it

Car was seen in compton cres and taita drive saturday arvo. One contact from a forum had a wrx stolen found in taita on the river bank, another had a ute stolen from same wilson car park and found by avalon studios, not far from taita drive. Possibly a crew from that area doing jobs to order

stink I was in Taita yesterday, didnt see anything though. I doubt they would just dump a spec c, its probably getting stripped as we speak, so sad.

Mind you if its anything like ADIKIT\'s car they\'re probably doing photo shoots and putting it on facebook

1CE said:

Yeh Greg was driving round this morning. They smashed through the barrier to get out. Camera footage being reviewed and passed on to police but im not too confident itl pick anything up. Cameras only on entrance/exit, would hav got car exiting at speed, only view through rear windscreen. Only chance is catching them coming in to the car park before they stole it

Fark..thats a serious exit strategy..couldnt have done the bonnet much good.surprising it didnt attract attention.

• Admin

I actually saw this driving off the other way down the quays now that I think about it. Didn\'t seem in that much of a hurry... didn\'t get a look at the driver as I was perving the roof scoop to work out if it was a Spec C or not :S

• 2 weeks later...
  • General Member

oh and "Makeuwalk" likes his fords!

https://www.facebook.com/mrangi1/photos_stream

"Jakedurride" prefers mitsi\'s LOL

https://www.facebook.com/callan.giles1/photos_stream

"Stoleurcar" appears to be on deployment and is only one smarter to have most private profile [possibly the wrong guy?]

https://www.facebook.com/merrick.cooper

JoKer said:

It was not insured, since policies did not cover races.

policy covers my race car?

is a basic 3rd party style/fire theft or damage to and from an event or in my back yard

all be it in a completely different league

Considered this and decided against it as it was still really expensive and car spent most time in lock up. Needless to say I regret that stupid decision.

1CE']

[quote name='JoKer said:

quote] It was not insured, since policies did not cover races.

policy covers my race car?

is a basic 3rd party style/fire theft or damage to and from an event or in my back yard

all be it in a completely different league

Considered this and decided against it as it was still really expensive and car spent most time in lock up. Needless to say I regret that stupid decision.

Saw article this morning..yeah hindsight is wonderful. I used to have normal insurance on my STI through State but knew it was not covered on track. Gutted for you of course and hope the publicity willl at least nail them.

funkytown said:

no help now, and i feel for your loss mate totally.. its s*** house.

but my race car is insured for coupla hundie fire and theft - with state.

Wow thats cheap. The cheapest quote I got for 3rd party fire and theft was $1300. Full cover was only $1700. Had full cover for the last 2 years as I used the car a lot on the road. Only decided not to renew the policy when it expired in June, didnt think it was worth the cost when I planned to use the car only for racing. Knew it was still a risk but had the typical \'she\'ll be right\' attitude. Silly mistake.