Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Tyre Fitment

Heylin

funkytown said:

no they wont fit. far to wide a tire. it wont look good, it wont perform right and id be surpised if a tire shop would even fit that for you.

hold your horses dude... it won\'t look good???? it won\'t perform right???? the tire wall height is less than 3mm shorter, and with the extra width, I would say they would perform at least as good...

You will need a minimum of 8 inches for the rims though... but I\'m sure you could make them fit if you wanted to

change a few things.

loner']

[quote name='funkytown said:

no they wont fit. far to wide a tire. it wont look good, it wont perform right and id be surpised if a tire shop would even fit that for you.

/quote]

hold your horses dude... it won\'t look good???? it won\'t perform right???? the tire wall height is less than 3mm shorter, and with the extra width, I would say they would perform at least as good...

You will need a minimum of 8 inches for the rims though... but I\'m sure you could make them fit if you wanted to

change a few things.

a 235 wont perform correctly on a 7\' rim. they overhang and bulge and you wont stop or corner as designed. really that simple.

and tongue in cheek - who thinks a bulgy arse rim looks good..

he asked if they will fit on the FACTORY rim - which the answer is sorta yes, but NO.

on a proper width rim yer sure they would be fine. but he didnt ask that

why not chuck a 265 on that rim.. more rubber on the road right .... ??? ;D

Flag that found an awesome deal at Budget Tyres Hamilton

$676 inc gst and fitting + balancing

for full set of Archilles ATR Sport 225/40/18 which keep everything within the stock tyre spec.

Next question, I assume the sidewall height difference effectively lowers the car slightly and also exposes a wee bit more wheel well ?.

Is the 13mm diameter difference going to look like ass ?

funkytown']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

change a few things.

a 235 wont perform correctly on a 7\' rim. they overhang and bulge and you wont stop or corner as designed. really that simple.

and tongue in cheek - who thinks a bulgy arse rim looks good..

he asked if they will fit on the FACTORY rim - which the answer is sorta yes, but NO.

on a proper width rim yer sure they would be fine. but he didnt ask that

why not chuck a 265 on that rim.. more rubber on the road right .... ??? ;D

LOL... turns out I didn\'t even read the post... I just wanted to contradict you :)

Heylin said:

Flag that found an awesome deal at Budget Tyres Hamilton

$676 inc gst and fitting + balancing

for full set of Archilles ATR Sport 225/40/18 which keep everything within the stock tyre spec.

Next question, I assume the sidewall height difference effectively lowers the car slightly and also exposes a wee bit more wheel well ?.

Is the 13mm diameter difference going to look like ass ?

Be prepared to be unable to corner in the rain and not even in the dry too well.

I have those tyres and they are absolute shite.

Although they last forever, I\'ve been intentionally trying to destroy them and they will not die.

MercuryFree said:

Be prepared to be unable to corner in the rain and not even in the dry too well.

I have those tyres and they are absolute s***e.

Although they last forever, I\'ve been intentionally trying to destroy them and they will not die.

So you still got those tyres ?

:D

Lol wat 235 is far too wide for the factory rims, even 225 looks a bit off.

Anyway, if you care about performance at all you won\'t get those Achilles ATRs. They have rubbish levels of grip.

Achilles is an apt name TBH. Also 400 treadwear rating, might be good in 45 degree temperature, definitely not good for NZ.

Better off picking up a cheap hankook or kumho or something.

Thanks for the replies looking like a no go on the ATRs then. Wont be due till next year, think ill look for something along the lines of Toyo Proxes 4 or Hankook Ventus 12 and stay with current size.

Seen these for around the $1K mark for a full set.

1010tires.com rate the Archilles ATR at 4.3\5 from 53 reviews, but mabey thats for American roads perhaps.

newsuba']

[quote name='MercuryFree said:

/quote]

Slowly wearing out the edges :D. But the main meat is insanely stubborn.

The Eagle F1 Directional 5 is a very good tyre, can handle some abuse. I do tyres for a living, and all the holdens and fords that come in usually go for the Eagles. Unless they are cheap bastards and go for crap hiflys for something. GT Radial have an awesome new tyre out now though, the UHP1. Manager done a track day on them, and said they stick to the road like shit to a blanket. And as they are still new, most places with have them on special. Ask around for prices, as they are well worth the money.

MercuryFree']

[quote name='MercuryFree said:

/quote]

Slowly wearing out the edges :D. But the main meat is insanely stubborn.

Gravel is the answer. I have some Rotulla\'s (probably not how they are spelt either), which are a horrible cheap tyre that won\'t die. However, gravel certainly rips chunks out of them...

• 2 weeks later...