Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wanting a Boost controlling need to decide between two types.

Minaj

Hey all, I plan to buy a boost controller sometime in the next few days what are you guys reccomendation my budget is under $450. I was looking at the gfb g force version one and two anyone know the difference between them two ???

cheers

kwi_fozze said:

I have a version 2, it has a peak hold function, a sensitivity function which will adjust duty cycle on the fly to hit the preset boost level. Mine sits rock solid at 21.9 psi from 3500 ish to redline

thats very good boost controll response from a vf30

must be one heck of a good controller

Stoffa said:

a profec b spec 2 works very well but you need to be pretty switched on to be able to tune them correctly

Yep fully agreed

Best done with checkin AFR and knock etc so u end up with the best spool and top end and not leaning out or knocking in the spool region

Have done a few and always used to monitor Ecu so can adjust spool and tune to perfectly match

If you have a v7 upwards I recommend a Grimspeed 3 port valve which replaces your stock valve. You need a retune for this but gives awesome partial throttle response and quick spool. (I run one and get 20psi at 3350 and taper to 19psi at redline on a vf30), Can also get 20psi in 1st and second gear.

Edit: also means ecu can cut boost and adjust with different intake temperature, altitudes etc

Never knew they were so laggy haha (3500rpm spool from factory? Jebus)

What is the reason for it? (anyone?) - do the long headers play that much of a part?

Back on topic

Don\'t buy an electronic controller unless it specifically runs "Closed Loop" boost control, anything else is just a glorified bleed valve and you\'re wasting cash on flashy lights and bleepy buttons

marky me and you need to hang out more .

above is very true .

you pay a lot of money for something that complicates what you could achieve with 2 needle valves . or just hook a spring on the wastegate and or take your pressure source from the right spot

if you know how to drive a profec b spec 2 or blitz dbc then good for you . if you have to get settings off someone else and you dont know what the numbers actually mean then dont bother

love my oldschool avcr .

kwi_fozze said:

I have a version 2, it has a peak hold function, a sensitivity function which will adjust duty cycle on the fly to hit the preset boost level. Mine sits rock solid at 21.9 psi from 3500 ish to redline

all the way to redline is awesome I run an hks evc 4 drops to bout 18 at redline

If you already got a aftearket suxh as a link or spmething ecu with boost control in it just buy a $100 mac solinoid an run it off ecu.runs awesome in mine holds boost solid an never cuts or spikes and cheaper