Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

what makes a boy racer car?

Pappu1

• Admin

Yeah going with too low, pointlessly loud exhaust, skank-whistle BOV, monster tacho, Monster/Metal Mulisha stickers, ching-a-long tyres, generally shitty condition, and having the tits raped off it everywhere it goes. But these are generally products of the people driving the car rather than the car.

Extra points if it\'s a poverty-spec model made to look a bit like a decent one... i.e fake ITR/CTR, STI badges on a NA 1.5 Impreza, things like that.

hahha ok its not for me personally but for a mates recently purchased rex and sorta telling him the do\'s/dont\'s of what people who know about subaru\'s think on what is not boy racer mods...

how low is too low tho..

1 finger gap between guard and tire, 2 finger, 0 finger.......?

what sorta bov is a not skank (he has a ssq in there already i think - have not seen uder bonnet yet)

how loud is not boy raver on the exhaust side - i advised him a nice 2.5 inch setup with some Japanese muffler is the way to go..(keeping away from the good old RPS cannon type thing)

what abt bodykit (he is thinking of a cwest one from luxurysport thats on TM)

edit: forgot abt wheels..is on stock wheels and my adv was something like a te37 hehehe maybe a bit outta his budget but nothing that cant be saved up to

funkytown']

[quote name='loner said:

I would say:

too low

chrome wheels

dents and scratches

loads of gauges

cheap nasty tyres

kunt behind the wheel

/quote]

you forgot the obvious.

driving your car (regardless of mods) like a complete fuckwit on public roads in a manner that would be considered \'racing\'

I covered that "kunt behind the wheel".

Depends on how the mods are done, where the products were bought from i.e all Chinese knock off. I would say no insurance is a give away though I know you cant tell.

Mainly driving though, don\'t do burn outs or wheel spin from the lights etc.

• General Member

If hes driving a Subaru and its got an exhaust hes a Boyracer, age and demeanor is immaterial to judgemental outsiders. However driving like a cock gives extra tiny willy wanker points... However if he drove something sensible(er?) he would probably be judged by others for other reasons.

I have spent the day driving mine around town doing errands on my day off and I lost count of the filthy looks I got after about 10 Mins. Just gotta get used to it and enjoy the envy and uneducated, judgmental people.

- Edit - A boyracer to us vs. a boyracer to the general public are two completely different questions.

Johnnynz said:

If hes driving a Subaru and its got an exhaust hes a Boyracer, age and demeanor is immaterial to judgemental outsiders. However driving like a cock gives extra tiny willy wanker points... However if he drove something sensible(er?) he would probably be judged by others for other reasons.

I have spent the day driving mine around town doing errands on my day off and I lost count of the filthy looks I got after about 10 Mins. Just gotta get used to it and enjoy the envy and uneducated, judgmental people.

- Edit - A boyracer to us vs. a boyracer to the general public are two completely different questions.

I agree, I have been asked "is this your sons car" lol - I don\'t even have a son.

Also been told "you don\'t fit the image for driving a car like that"

Theres an article in the herald i think awhile ago that outlines what the public perceives a BR to be

namely -

1. scoop

2. mags

3. large exhaust pipe (not loud, just a large pipe)

4. stickers

5. spoiler (of any kind)

pretty silly article as that covers 99% of factory vehicles too.

The above is pretty much any wrx on the road even if it had a really decent driver who neve broke the law

Sad sad reality I suppose

On a tangent I hVe been thinking of doing a varex muffler on mine

Has anyone used it?

How quiet is quiet and then how loud is the full mode?

The YouTube vids don\'t really giv a accurate measure

SP00N said:

The above is pretty much any wrx on the road even if it had a really decent driver who neve broke the law

Sad sad reality I suppose

On a tangent I hVe been thinking of doing a varex muffler on mine

Has anyone used it?

How quiet is quiet and then how loud is the full mode?

The YouTube vids don\'t really giv a accurate measure

Is the Varex muffler the one with the electronic butterfly in the muffler? If so, she illegal.