Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

price for a v7 sti ra.

it says it on the auction.

ithat sounds weird cos RA\'s are only imports. my bro has looked at it n he reckons it is a genuine RA but the guy thinks it is built up over here. my biggest concern is that i thought all RA\'s and type R\'s had DCCD am i right? this one doesn\'t i don\'t think or did subaru make one without DCCD.

i think will check out the engine numbers etc.

yep as above - the brembo ones dont get DCCD and the 4pot breraks one get the proper DCCD box

check the model code man

last thing u want is to buy a sti thats been dressed as sti

i know if a few sti that have roof scoop added and dressed as RA but its not genuine

if u spending the $ then better to get the genuine stuff ay man

ra and spec c differences

vf30 vs vf34

more weight reduction

suspension geometry changed

different ecu map

temp sensor on inlet mani like v8

supposed to have had ported heads (altho a RA mate opened his heads and they looked better than the sti ones - assuming they too are hand ported/polished)

same crank as v8sti

water sprayer resovor in boot

no shiftlight in dash like std sti or even RA

cam differences between v7 and v8

v8 got the inlet and exhaust avcs (tbc as never personally seen a v8 head)

different profile to suit the TS setup

That car certainly is a mix of parts.

VF34 indicates Spec C

Brembos / no DCCD indicates Tarmac edition

Wind up windows indicate Gravel edition, but the Gravel edition had DCCD

Can\'t tell if it has ABS or not

Brembos / Turbo could\'ve been added/changed, but the VF34\'s aren\'t common and the engine doesn\'t look like it\'s been molested

• Admin
 SP00N said:

Genuine spec c was only released in 2002 and had the v2 grill not v1 grill this has

Maybe the guy is right and this is a mash of bits put together to makeup a Ra

Car looks nice tho

Err, the car on that magazine cover has a V1 grill and is pretty Spec C looking...

boon']

[quote name='SP00N said:

Genuine spec c was only released in 2002 and had the v2 grill not v1 grill this has

Maybe the guy is right and this is a mash of bits put together to makeup a Ra

Car looks nice tho

/quote]

Err, the car on that magazine cover has a V1 grill and is pretty Spec C looking...

hahaha i meant the spec c have v2 grill not the v1 grill the pic shows of the TM listed car.....

the magzine car is a RA not a spec c

evowrx said:

Whats the difference in V7 vs V8 cams just profile?

" If you can afford a Spec C, then don’t even bother with an STI (V8, V9 or V10), you will be disappointed.

V7 RA Spec C is by far THE best Impreza Subaru made (in terms of power and handling), it’s also the rarest at just 300 made, even rarer than a 22B.

With a 315hp (235kW) hand built motor, using special one off Spec c pistons etc, factory flowed heads, upgraded VVT, exclusive ECU, VF34 pushing 1.5 bar (last of the truly wild tunes before the company started limiting things) extremely light and stiff body, no other STD Impreza can touch it.

The std V8 and V9 Spec C’s don’t even come close due to their extra weight and de-tuning (don’t know where you heard someone comparing a std V8 or V9 STI with a spec c, not even in the same ballpark)!

V7 RA Spec C is the only Spec C to be built and used by Subaru for WRC. That’s why it was built so light and powerful.

The Plain V7 Spec C (which looks similar, doesn’t have DCCD, has the Brembo’s and may be a little heavier, also not too sure if it has the same power).

V8 onwards carried over the V7 Spec c suspension (so that tells you how good it was), but increased in weight considerably:

V7 RA Spec C – 1290kg -

V7 RA – 1360kg (approx) –

V7 STI – 1470kg (approx) –

V8 Spec C RA – 1360kg (approx) –

V8 STI – 1480kg (approx) –

V9 Spec C – 1390-1400kg (approx) –

The suspension that carried over (and most Subaru fans don’t know what they are talking about here) was the inverted strut style AND the Spec C’s increased castor (5 degree, instead of 3.5 degree in the V7 STI’s). This increase in castor lengthened the wheel base by 15mm and eliminated the under/over steer issues that Plain V7 (and some early V8 STI’s) has. I’ve never driven anything with such perfect and accurate steering as my Spec C!

You will be hard pressed to find a good RA Spec C in NZ as, as far as I know, mine was one of only 2 or 3 here (the only other one I am sure about is in CHCH on a lot, and it looks like a dirty pig).

However, next best machine would be the one for sale in Devonport: It is a V7 Spec C (has an RA Spec C badge on boot though). It has only done 38k (assuming the dealer isn’t dodgy) and looks very tidy.

I think they are looking for 24k or there abouts. You WILL NOT find a better car than this for the money (except the one I just sold), and any V8 or V9 (V10 isn’t even worth thinking about unless you can get a Spec C RA-R) is going to be inferior to this (even a Spec c).

I know others will tell you different, and they all have their opinions, but, I don’t base any of this on an opinion, I researched a hell of a lot (and of course owned and drove one for almost 3 years) and the V7 RA Spec C is simply the best of the lot (in terms of going quickly and handling). I know some people (whose dedication to performance I would question) don’t like the Spec C because it doesn’t have central locking, or electric windows, or a body kit etc…

Gotta wonder what they are buying an Impreza for, really…if you want creature comforts or body kits, I say buy a Legacy, you wanna go fast, buy a V7 Spec C, or if you must buy a V8, buy a V8 Spec C RA. "

For bonus points try and guess who sent me that info lol (was a good few years ago now)