Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Genuine STI or not?

Ben

Hi all,

For you more \'seasoned\' subaru experts. I am fairly certain this is a genuine STI but can anyone point out any floors?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-677452184.htm

VIN: 7A8GF090708076126

Engine No: EJ20-369167

Chassis No: GC8-076126

This also threw me ;

Registered Overseas: No

First registered in NZ: 16/01/2009 (5 years)

Last Registration: 12/04/2013 Re-registered

but this could be explained because for some reason it was re-registered?

Date Reading Distance Source

20/07/2013 186,263 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

23/10/2012 181,899 K 4,364 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

23/10/2012 181,899 K Pre-registration Check

27/05/2011 164,205 K 17,694 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

28/04/2011 162,008 K 2,197 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

07/12/2010 150,529 K 11,479 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

25/05/2010 137,306 K 13,223 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

25/05/2010 137,306 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

01/09/2009 123,400 K 13,906 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

31/08/2009 123,400 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

11/11/2008 119,264 K 4,136 K Warrant of Fitness Inspection

31/10/2008 119,264 K Pre-registration Check

02/10/2008 119,259 5 Border Check

Any help? Seriously considering buying this but don\'t want to end up with a lemon!

Did these run a 5SPD?

Thanks,

Ben

MORE INFO ;

INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE (current owner) Confirm Current Registered Person Status: Complete

Owned since: 12/04/2013 (for 8 months, 17 days) Location:

Prior Odometer reading: 181,899 K on 23/10/2012 (traveled 4,364 K)

INFORMATION NOT AVAILABLE Status: Complete

Owned since: 23/10/2012 (for 5 months, 20 days) Location:

REGISTRATION HAS LAPSED Status: Non-complete ownership status

Owned since: 22/01/2012 (for 9 months, 2 days) Location:

Owned since: 26/03/2009 (for 2 years, 9 months) Location:

Prior Odometer reading: 119,264 K on 11/11/2008 (traveled 62,635 K)

Owned since: 16/01/2009 (for 2 months, 10 days) Location:

lachlan said:

someone let the rego lapse and then re registered it . it even says it right above that

Yeah thats what I thought, then in the disclaimer print it started talking about possibly being a insurance right off so thought id triple check!

slystiguy said:

god I wish the mods would sticky an STI identification post. The only TRUE way to check is to go off the factory subaru plate on the passenger side strut. You can check it with the numbers here

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/wrx.html

As for the car in question. It would appear to have all the sti goodies

/end thread

That is exactly what i was looking for - brilliant! Thanks.

• General Member
 Roo said:

Then put back together with forester suspension?

Duno about the crash angle but surely looks higher than stock to me. Suspiciously like my mates rally/gravelx car running Forrester suspension so it sits nice and high.

I reckon your onto something there.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

Duno about the crash angle but surely looks higher than stock to me. Suspiciously like my mates rally/gravelx car running Forrester suspension so it sits nice and high.

Although the car is fundamentally the same as that used on gravel and snow, there are plenty of subtle differences to adapt it to asphalt\'s unique challenge. One of the most noticeable is the ride height of the car. Whereas a gravel-spec WRC car will be raised well off the road to ensure ground clearance over rough terrain, an asphalt-spec WRC car is kept as close to the ground as possible to ensure a low centre of gravity to improve handling and response. Suspension set-up - focusing on the dampers and anti-roll bars - is an area of much debate. Ideally, they should be reasonably \'soft\' to maximise grip and reaction to changes in the road surface, but if you go too soft the car\'s handling becomes \'floppy\' as the car pitches and rolls.

In short guys we all drive RALLY cars so maybe a "standard" ride height isnt so worrysome.....

• General Member

A WRC car is nowhere near what any of us drive, well with a couple of notable exceptions lurking on this board.

I was more pointing out its a similar height to a car I know of that has been purposely raised a bit to handle rough gravely conditions. Hence doesn\'t look to be stock STI suspension.

I\'m sure a quick peak at the suspension would answer the question either way for the OP if he even cares.

Johnnynz said:

A WRC car is nowhere near what any of us drive, well with a couple of notable exceptions lurking on this board.

I was more pointing out its a similar height to a car I know of that has been purposely raised a bit to handle rough gravely conditions. Hence doesn\'t look to be stock STI suspension.

I\'m sure a quick peak at the suspension would answer the question either way for the OP if he even cares.

x2

that car is on stilts.

WingnuMcSpanners']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

Although the car is fundamentally the same as that used on gravel and snow, there are plenty of subtle differences to adapt it to asphalt\'s unique challenge. One of the most noticeable is the ride height of the car. Whereas a gravel-spec WRC car will be raised well off the road to ensure ground clearance over rough terrain, an asphalt-spec WRC car is kept as close to the ground as possible to ensure a low centre of gravity to improve handling and response. Suspension set-up - focusing on the dampers and anti-roll bars - is an area of much debate. Ideally, they should be reasonably \'soft\' to maximise grip and reaction to changes in the road surface, but if you go too soft the car\'s handling becomes \'floppy\' as the car pitches and rolls.

In short guys we all drive RALLY cars so maybe a "standard" ride height isnt so worrysome.....

Why are you telling us any of this? We know how high they are supposed to be.