Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What do the people want this year? (2015~2016)

Just kicking this off pretty sure tim did it last year. Basically this is a thread for any thoughts you have regarding the club and forum. Any thoughts welcome from members new and old.

Curious on the following:

What did you sign up for?

Where did you hear about clubsub?

What would you like to see more of?

If you often visit but never post is there a reason or do you feel you get what you need without asking?

Is there anything that you don't like?

What would persuade you to become a paid member?

Are the forums/stickys easy enough to follow?

Etc.

As a first time Subaru owner a couple of years back I really wanted to grasp a few

pieces of basic info as I knew nothing about cars let alone Subies.

It seemed important to me that I knew how to maintain my wagon properly and also

what makes it tick along with modifications as slowly got my head around a few things.

A quick google search of NZ Subaru Club brought me here...

Northland meets ;) ... but otherwise just the same great advice that I'm always finding on here.

Definitely a few guru's around that make life a lot easier being able to self diagnose basic problems

for people like myself who are far from being a mechanic.

If you often visit but never post is there a reason or do you feel you get what you need without asking?

I don't often post as I don't have the information to help others. Not going to give advice when I don't know

what I'm talking about. I do post when I have a question or something similar, again not that often as most

things are covered in the forum already if you take a few minutes to search around a little.

I visit on a daily basis to keep up with other peoples cars, projects, see what hiccups people have come across and

are solving so I can use that info myself in the future. I do contribute where I can.

The lack of active Northland members.... but really, not a whole lot, its a pretty slick forum if you ignore the occassional bug.

More focus on regional events etc. Everything seems to located in the main centres (which is understandable due to population) but

if there was more going on in the smaller regions I would happily contribute financially to the club.

Its also a bit tricky when things like the Mega Meet are some 1500km away. Sorta feel out of the loop a little but thats just the way

some things are.

Forums are great and easy to follow. The automatic subscription (with the ability to delete it) to any thread you post on is great

for keeping up with updates etc. Also the "New Posts" button makes it easy to see what you haven't read yet while browing around.

Definitely took me a couple of days to get my bearings after the big changes but no biggy.

One particular change I would like to see come back is the shortcut to add [/img] into a post.

I've noticed a lot of new members asking "How do I put a picture up" and having that button back

would make life super easy and quicker than typing it for those that already know how it works.

What did I sign up for?

I initially joined many moons ago as 250T. I had just bought a BD 250T sedan, first reasonable looking car I had ever owned and I wanted to learn more about it. Rejoined as B4IWAS250T many moons later after I bought my first turbo Subbie. Just wanted to find mods and why things were breaking and how to do the basics with TTs.

Where did I hear about Clubsub?

Uum, google search on Subaru NZ from memory…??!!

What would I like to see more of?

MMM, I'm more of a whoa guy than a go guy. I like showy cars so I guess I'd like to see more stuff like that or see the Club enter into the likes of Autosalon etc. Other than that more DIY like degreasing struts, changing fluids etc.

Mmm, my knowledge base isn't that great so I don't contribute much. I do when I can but yeah.

Nah, not really. I've disagreed with people on here before but I guess every one is entitled to their opinion. I don't need to like it but I gotta respect it.

Already am. I figure the forum and members on here have helped me so the least I can do is try to help the club with my paid membership.

Yeah, and I love the new upgraded look too! The forums are awesome. The only thing I would like to see, and maybe it's only in our region, would be old, no longer needed threads being deleted. Finicky I know but that's just me. Thanks again Clubsub- you rock!!

• 2 weeks later...

What did i sign up for?

I bought my first subaru type r and since i like reading forums about cars i own. Also so I could get advice as had a few issues with my first subie and find parts.

Where did i hear about clubsub?

Google search for subaru club and this came up.

What would i like more of?

More subie meets. Some during day some late in late evening so it could suit members times available.

What would persuade me to become a paid member?

Idk.

Are forums easy to follow?

Yep!

evowrx said:
Just kicking this off pretty sure tim did it last year. Basically this is a thread for any thoughts you have regarding the club and forum. Any thoughts welcome from members new and old.

How to turbo my Dads '94 TS wagon. lol

Ray & Rics classic front windscreen banners in Dunners

DIY 'how to' meets (brakes etc) so we can spread good education

I lurked for bloody ages (years) before turning up for a meet. Guess I was shy with so many cool cats around

Forum bugs, my 2500 unread PMs and that Comcom type discussions have ended up in PM's rather than documented on the board somewhere

Enough cash in my bank account come renewal time

I'm mostly responsible for the large number of subforums, but it hasn't worked and needs to be simplified after some decent planning. Yes Becca, ya told me so.

Edited by kamineko

I originally wanted help as I was looking buying a Gen1 Legacy Wagon after emigrating here. I'd been very active on communities back in the UK for the cars I used to have and had great fun making mates and going to shows etc

Google is King

Meets not focused on a single thing would be good. Maybe we could plan to go to something like the Leadfoot festival together rather then having cars on show or on track

I don't ask many questions normally.

I didnt like it for a while when it was pretty boy-racer focused. I know these are common cars to modify, but I'm here because I'm a fan of Subarus not because I pull mad boost G'

A reason to. If I feel invested in a club I'll pay to keep it going, or if theres a benefit ill pay for it, but I've joined clubs before (WRX STi club I'm looking at you!!!) and found afterwards there was no reason to and that after a while the forum was dull and nothing happened and I never went back.

Give me a reason to come back, and feel connected the club and its members and Ill pay to keep it going. I've been on here pretty much every day since I joined in 2009 and I dont think I could tell you who anyone is in the committee. Other clubs I knew the who the president and committee was and what their plans for the club were.

We could do with more guides, and actual Subaru literature. Maybe part number lists, schematics, guides on common problems and how to fix etc. This is THE subaru community in NZ. It should be the go-to place for info on our cars.

Example; Im looking at fitting some gauges at the mo, can't find anything exact on here, but found this on NAISOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193843

Edited by Firenza

I signed up once i bought the wrx purely to learn about the car and how to mod it from a knowledgeable community.

Google brought me here.

More grassroots action and growth in all aspects including online, area meets and motorsport.

I mainly listened for the first 12 months and back read a lot of whats on here. When i found i knew the odd simple answer i started giving back.

The lack of ownership and opinion on this club. More people need to speak up with what they want from their time here to keep the club ticking.

I currently see no benefit as the sponsor thing doesnt apply to me as im in wholesale parts. Hopefully we'll bring in some more incentives this year that will change that for the masses.

Are the forums/stickys easy enough to follow?*

To be honest it can be hard finding what you're looking for and all the old links within the forum are broken. Hopefully we will have a fix for that im not a hotshot geekazoid so its hopefully until someone smart tells me it can be done. A general cleanup will happen tho.

Anyone else up for posting? Fair few views for not many posts. Any inputs welcome negative or positive.

What did I sign up for?

I'd always loved subaru's and a friend of mine who lurked for ages before signing up ( after me I might add) showed me to the site, I saw was a bunch of knowledgeable and slightly trollish people which suited me to a Tea.

I want to see more garage threads, how-To guides (Pic heavy is good) and I want to see more nelson locals active on the forums ( I know you're out there damnit! haha) and club sub gear is always good. ( I have a T-Shirt)

Often visit- often post.

Been a paid member for three years now? supports the club keeps it active; it means that more people can be helped by the massive knowledge base from the varying types of people we have on here DIY guru's, audiophiles, engine builders, tuners etc. so many people with so much potential knowledge to help others as well.

New Forums have taken a bit for many to get used to; but I feel traffic is beginning to pick up again.

I think the overall navigation of the new forums a tad tedious; but I think that will be fixed once the links within are fixed.- I know it isn't as simple as writing a

IF(URL = "Oldforumlayout"+"Individual thread")
Replace "Oldforumlayout" with "newForumLayout")

Effectively rewriting any internal link into the new forum link format.

sorry about poor javascript coding format; havent coded in a few years.

my 2C on potential ways to fix links.

Help with original legacy many years back, logged back in when I bought my sti a few years back for general information/buying parts etc

Google

DIY tutorials/Grassroots motorsport grasskhana/trackdays etc

MSNZ affiliation?

Yep, no complaints here

Just general info on Subaru's, how to fix things etc.

Looking on Google saw the clubsub link and thought I would have a look. Was impressed so joined (was a member of TalkFord before hand)

Umm, not sure really as most things that I want seem to be here.

I visit often, but only post when I need to, I find that a lot of questions can be answered without posting.

Not really, maybe except the 'you should get a Turbo'reply to N/A questions.

Maybe an option for a tiered system of apyments maybe a Bronze, Sliver, Gold type set up? or even a donation type system ( I saw this on a Mazda forum)

Haven't had a problem so far.

To find out how to fix stuff on the wagon so I might save some cash and do stuff myself.

I googled Subaru forums and found Clubsub, UK Legacy, SLi & LegacyGT.com. Clubsub and UK Legacy have the most relevant info for me.

More pic heavy garage threads and maybe a "How To" category perhaps.

I often visit but rarely post as I am still trying to absorb as much info as I can. I will post comments on topics/questions that I have experienced with my car during my time with Clubsub.

No not really.

I just became a paid member as I have learned a lot from everyone on the forum and thought best to give back to help the club so that it and its members (paid &non-paid) can continue to chat, learn or get what ever they need from the forum.

The stickys after the forum update need some work, i.e. broken links fixed. I think the search could be a bit better as well.

To meet and seek advice from fellow enthusiasts as i enjoyed the subaru forums back in the UK.....:)

Where did you hear about club sub?

Internet research

Enjoyment, pictures and good over all fun and games......:)

Cant think of anything.

Cant think of anything.....

Id like to now but don't know how to.... Thanks

Maybe making it a little easier to follow......

Likely to ask noob questions

Googling speaker sizes a few years ago

Nothing that can be changed really.

Usually if I look hard enough I will find what I'm looking for. Otherwise I will answer questions if I know 100% the answer.

Not really.

Nothing, I will one day when I stop being lazy about it.

Yes.

Thanks guys. This will be taken into consideration by the com so feel free to voice anything positive or negative it all helps you get what you want out of the forum. Even if you've only just signed up today we would love to hear your thoughts.

TLDR - Keep it coming.

To meet new people and learn more about subarus.

Thru an existing member.

Improvements 2 committee communication, them being more open, organised and actually following through. More improvements/advantages 2 being a paid member (currently no point).

Trolls... people being narrow minded. (If you dont follow what they think is "right" you might as well leave then and there)

The 2015 committee...

You couldnt pay me 2 renew my membership next time around.

Are the forums/stickys easy enough to follow?*

Too many sections, too much rubbish. Needs 2 b streamlined.

signed up because when I moved back to Auckland I bought a legacy and wanted the knowledge and advice from all Subaru people

a good old Subaru club nz search on google

I don't have anything at the moment

I visit everyday and at the moment I have found every thing out I need without needing to ask but in the future I will

their is nothing I don't like at the moment I haven't been with the club long

I just have become a paid member as of last week and I am happy with the offer

yes I found them easy to follow

I have enjoyed my time with the club and in future I will hopefully be able to attend more events

Thank you everyone for all advice and the people that keep the fourm and club running

To be perfectly honest.... I didn't really know what I was signing up to... Main reason was for car meets to show off - meet new people and to get clubsub stickers

Then I discovered the ridiculous amount of subaru tech info and I slowly got more involved and more addicted to subarus in general and yea

A quick google on the internets

A range of different well written DIY and HOW TO's (give Rosssub this job) - Maybe a stickied and locked thread with a compilation of cheap basic DIY mods/fixes

I don't need to answer this

The swear filter... I liked the old one where **** was BOTHER

Oh and the search function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stickers??

Navigation around the forums is fairly easy. The stickies seem to be a mess!

ADIKT said:

Stickers??

you get two stickers when you first sign up :D go on, what are you waiting for? :)

hmn- says you are already club enthusiast- did you not get stickers? :o

94 Leone said:
you get two stickers when you first sign up :D go on, what are you waiting for? :)

hmn- says you are already club enthusiast- did you not get stickers? :o

I've had a couple stickers with every renewal I have done.

Was just saying if I wasn't an enthusiast

• General Member

What did you sign up for? - I knew a grand total of ****all and wanted to meet some people with knowledge.

Where did you hear about clubsub? - Through Rexnet NZ which I found via Rexnet Australia.

What would you like to see more of? - How to guides that are correct and knowledgeable mods who dont let the stupid **** (car damaging ****) through. However I think the mods do a decent job of this already. It may be perceived as removing those who dont agree but theres normally a reason the road more travelled is more travelled and theres enough **** info about without CS adding to it to appease a few.

If you often visit but never post is there a reason or do you feel you get what you need without asking? - I largely find what I need without asking. Also my car has the basics done now, I normally go to people I know personally or to a workshop for further advice. Its just a natural progression I guess, the further a car gets the smaller the knowledgeable talent pool is and you feel a bit **** asking them over and over again.

Is there anything that you don't like? - There are some **** attitudes about. Trolls and cry babys in equal parts. Anyone who is going to toss there toys pretty much pisses me off and drives me away. Its the way of the interwebs I guess but it leads to people not maintaining interest over a long period of time.

What would persuade you to become a paid member? - I dont know that anything would at this point. I have thought about it a few times and got as far as the signup form but it wasnt working at that point so it went in the too hard basket that day(s). I have never had a big interest in car meets as such, I have no interest in Police scrutiny and I simply dont trust others to keep out of trouble around me. I barely take my car out unless its going to a track so more track days may make me want to pay. I am a paid member at DOBC and did that mainly out of support for Joes trackdays I have been very active at.

Are the forums/stickys easy enough to follow? - Yeah I dont see an issue with them. My only complaint would be the search function, maybe I dont use it right but I have big issues finding what I need with search.

Overall I like the club, I miss the trackday interactions of old and I think the muppet factor is quite low right now. My main reasons for being less and less active is my career takes up a massive amount of time, I cant afford to be wrapped up in anything Police related for the same reason and I only really bring the car out to track it or for a little drive to the shops with my Fiance. I guess its fair to say my car is less a part of my life than ever before.

• 1 month later...