HKM400

STOLEN GC8 WRX STI Christchurch

Hi all,

My car was stolen today from my work in Hornby Christchurch. 

It was taken from 16 Branston Street. If anyone sees it please could you pm me. 

Police have been notified. 

Car is a 1999 WRX STI in silver as pictured, with gold oz wheels. It no longer has the windscreen banner.

6wQLX39.jpg

ezAUQk7.jpg

@thewabbit1

Mod update - added links as pictures

• Sad 8

HI 

I know this is a year on but did you get your car back ? 

I'm terrified someone will steal my WRX do I am installing an alarm and all sorts of things to immobilise the car . 

14 hours ago, Fast Driver 1981 said:

HI 

I know this is a year on but did you get your car back ? 

I'm terrified someone will steal my WRX do I am installing an alarm and all sorts of things to immobilise the car . 

vanished when stolen, was never seen or recovered.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, YoungOne said:

vanished when stolen, was never seen or recovered.

I’m sorry to hear that thats shocking ! There is obviously an underworld syndicate. 
I would expect this where I’m from ( South Africa) but not here. 
Hope you have a lovely day. 

On 14/10/2020 at 8:03 AM, Fast Driver 1981 said:

I’m sorry to hear that thats shocking ! There is obviously an underworld syndicate. 
I would expect this where I’m from ( South Africa) but not here. 
Hope you have a lovely day. 

Since you own a modern(ish) model it almost certainly has a very capable factory immobiliser. No key, no start the engine, end of conversation. Would be worth confirming that if it's a japanese import, though.

Only way you're pinching a modern one is either with the keys or with a towtruck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boon said:

Since you own a modern(ish) model it almost certainly has a very capable factory immobiliser. No key, no start the engine, end of conversation. Would be worth confirming that if it's a japanese import, though.

Only way you're pinching a modern one is either with the keys or with a towtruck.

Funny you should mention that, my husband pretty much said the same thing but he did omit the tow truck comment lol, I would imagine it was done purposely as to not fuel my anxiety. It is keyless so I am assuming it would fall under that category. I'll do some research though as I'm pretty adamant it needs an alarm, you kind of want that flashing blue alarm light as a deterrent and to actually hear if someone has broken into it. 

3 hours ago, boon said:

did JDMs come with factory immobiliser ?

my 00 nz new sti v6 had a locally fitted security system.

On 20/10/2020 at 4:10 PM, newsuba said:

did JDMs come with factory immobiliser ?

my 00 nz new sti v6 had a locally fitted security system.

Only from late GD, mid-2000s AFAIK.

The V5/6 did have a factory immobilizer option... it's in the wiring diagrams... and my plugin motec ecu has a pcb switch for selecting immobilizer present or not.

• Like 1