Sign in to follow this  
Bugeye01WRX

JDM vs NZDM vs USDM

Hey guys

First time on this site! Good to find a New Zealand site so hopefully there will be some people here with the knowledge I am looking for!

I have a 2001 WRX JDM, and am looking at upgrading the Downpipe. As far as I know, the USDM and NZDM V7 (bugeye) wrxs have a cat in upipe and downpipe and the JDM only has one in the Downpipe.

Also, as far as I am aware the JDM downpipe is short compared to the USDM downpipes and the midpipes on the JDM is longer compared to USDM.

My question is, all I have on the vehicle is an STI Genome axelback. If I am looking to upgrade the Downpipe, where do I begin as trying to find JDM parts seems extremely hard.

I was looking at these downpipes https://www.google.com/search?q=invidia+downpipes&rlz=1C1GCEB_enNZ876NZ876&oq=invidia+downpipes&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i61l3.3919j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on

But after messaging them they told me they won’t fit my JDM WRX as they told me they are only for NZ new/Australian vehicles.

What to do? Can these be modified easily to fit? Should I just replace the whole exhaust set up with a NZ/US Turboback system?

Thanks!

Haha have been emailing back and forth already, but no solution other than custom or really expensive that I can see.. @PBMS you guys were working on something right ?

Can't you find one on Amayama? You can search by JDM models or by your vehicles vin. Amayama or partsouq are my go to. 

15 hours ago, swamp said:

Can't you find one on Amayama? You can search by JDM models or by your vehicles vin. Amayama or partsouq are my go to. 

Amayama only for OEM parts afaik ?

I believe so.

I don't know how this is a terribly big issue... the length thing is solved in about 6 minutes with a welder, and maybe a short length of stainless steel pipe.