Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Subaru Exiga GT (2009) - what turbo is it?

Hi everyone. I'm looking for the Subaru Yoda. 

My turbo failed and seized with the associated noises that followed (and blue smoke) can Yoda tell me what turbo is in this car? 

2009 Subaru Exiga GT 

YA5 chassis 

I need to find a replacement bit needed to know what to look for. Or if you have one, please let me know? 

Right, well I can't afford one from Turbocare, that's a stupid price.
Anyone with some leads on a replacement? 2ns hand is fine obviously, from a vehicle with less than the 174,000 km on the current would ne nice 😜

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Boost37
      Hey guys,

New here, have a question, am making a twisted turbo setup with a kinugawa TD05 25G 3" anti surge inlet turbo, i am wondering if there is a set distance for placing the AFM in front of the turbo housing, as iv heard it can create issues ( no way to delete the AFM as no link with this build). The pipe will be a straight pipe off the front of the turbo. Has anybody played around with this before or have some helpful information about this?

Any help is appreciated :)
    • By Ralphy15
      Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker.

So I have this '02 Blitzen wagon that I've already spent waay too much money on, so this is the latest drama.

When driving the radio will cut out randomly (turn off and straight back on), this can happen a few times before the headlights/interior lights etc all start to flicker a bit, followed by the whole cars power going out for between 1 to 3 seconds, before all comes back on and she continues on no prob, until the process starts again.

I've already spent too much at the auto electricians replacing the ignition switch and generally waste of time fault finding. I'm thinking it's either the radio feeding back and overloading the system, or the relatively recently installed AVS alarm/immobiliser is cutting in randomly.

Anyone had a similar issue that they got to the bottom of?? Any insight is much appreciated!
    • By aaronpnz
      Right so, it seems my turbo has gone. Just had an oil change like last week, but apparently it's toast. Not been driven hard at all. 2nd one now.

Anyone got a spare VF38 kicking around? 

Waiting in agonised apprehension for a price from mechanic...
  • Recent Status Updates