• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Gen2 vs Gen3

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ReubenH said:

Yeah, 206kw is the factory flywheel figure. A zaust and filter won't add a whole lot to that.

haha i know, im just being cheeky and saying that my car has that much power :P

what are they at the wheels, 180-190kw?

dvs-b4 said:

hahaha yea its prity quick and ant 206kw that they come standerd like mine lol must be bout 215-220kw or so.or ur rage system just helps u spool way quicker

I don't know if it does lol

full exhaust ftw though :P oh and coil overs :P

I'll take it out of my sig then pl0x if that will make you happy :)

Omegah said:

was it in this thread where someone was going on about BGs understeering hardout, hahaha Reuben's car proved that they don't last night :)

Yup, and they do. However thats the sort of thing you prove on a race track, not driving round being a boyracer on a Thursday night.

Omegah']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

Yeah, 206kw is the factory flywheel figure. A zaust and filter won't add a whole lot to that.

/quote]

I know a few years ago, I was a dyno day and the BE lagacys were between 130-140Kw atw

D-Style']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

/quote]

I know a few years ago, I was a dyno day and the BE lagacys were between 130-140Kw atw

should be a bit higher than that ::) close to 165-175. I would concur a legacy wudnt pull 180-90atw factory though

Munkvy']

[quote name='Omegah said:

was it in this thread where someone was going on about BGs understeering hardout, hahaha Reuben's car proved that they don't last night :)

/quote]

Yup, and they do. However thats the sort of thing you prove on a race track, not driving round being a boyracer on a Thursday night.

+1. However, there are some reasonably simple steps one can take to mitigate said understeer.

I transformed the handling of my BD5 RSB by chucking on a 22mm Rear Swaybar, solid strut brace, good wheel alignment, decent tyres and by paying attention to the tyre pressure (35f 38r).

Its no race car, but its now one hell of a drivers car and is an absolute dream over roads such as paekak. because the handling is now much more neutral, and because the car so communicative, you don't need to thrash it to have fun.

Whilst I havent driven too many BE's or BH's, the small sample I have driven (all tiptronics mind) I really do think the BD/BG in rev C form is the better drivers car.

I'm going to get my bilsteins rebuilt soon and pay some attention to the front end (swaybar, bushes etc) It'll be interesting to see the difference that makes to an already tight car.

Twin turbos dont take to dynapak dynos very well. Especially the auto ones. You need a pretty long ramp rate to get the twin turbo system to work right. I have personally seen a twin turbo put out 85kw atw on the dyno then struggle to keep up with it on a pull to 180kph. So the powers definately there on the road!

• 2 weeks later...

Start a new thread and prepare for 10+ pages of drivel. Or google handling characteristics/suspension geometrys and learn something semi useful. I did

dubbedup']

[quote name='aim said:

Why does my gen 2 have pretty bad understeer?

/quote]

cos its a legacy.... ;)

** runs and ducks for cover

Have to agree, if you want a nice driving car to take the mother-in-law to the shops in....buy a legacy.

If you want to go around corners fast...buy a wrx ;)

um why not ask Reuben or go look through his legacy thread he has done a bit to the handling of his boat.

A fully adjustable coilover setup correctly, upgraded sway bars and better tyres should make a big difference to your car for starters.