Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What Seats are these - clarification

Scoobydoo

So often you see ads on trademe for, or questions from people about "WRX seats" or "STi seats" but doesn't say what year or version they came out of. I've had two questions asked of myself the last 2 days, so I thought I'd create a thread for pics of all the different kinds of seats out there, what they look like and what they have come out of.

So if you would, please post up a pic of what seats you have, and what they are in, or came out of. Only do it if you are 100% of what they are, don't want to fill this up with "This may be" or "This may have come out of" ideas.

Thanks!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newsuba']

[quote name='driftrex said:

v4 wrx seats i believe, **** pic sorry.

/quote]

Nope again.

Those are from the very first (MY93) WRX.

;)

Circa v4 WRX seats are black with light grey trim.

are you sure? im just goin by what boostcut told me when i bought them, but my v2 ones look way different and just plain grey and dont have inserts at all.

• Admin
 Shale said:

seats01ef3.jpg

Sh!t pic. Ver 9 seats (also 10 IIRC). The fabric around the front and the black patch front and centre is ribbed instead of flat weave. Version 8 (also IIRC) has a lot more of the flat weave.

correct about the v10, although mine are fully black with sti stiched into them, possibly just a different option.

RAYDEO']

[quote name='Shale said:

/img]

Sh!t pic. Ver 9 seats (also 10 IIRC). The fabric around the front and the black patch front and centre is ribbed instead of flat weave. Version 8 (also IIRC) has a lot more of the flat weave.

correct about the v10, although mine are fully black with sti stiched into them, possibly just a different option.

i want some of these but there not cheap i was told i was getting a deal at $660 per seat but i wasn't sure. I guess if they were new?

Dv8er - FSTWRX']

[quote name='newsuba said:

Nope.

V4 STi doesn't have the red around top of headrest or red flashes on the edge of the cushion.

That seat was used in STi v5/6

/quote]

I know, that's why I said it was in a V5 STi... :P

Easy to say AFTER you edited your post.

gazzy2000 made the same comment about them not being STi v4.

:P :P :P

newsuba']

[quote name='driftrex said:

are you sure? im just goin by what boostcut told me when i bought them, but my v2 ones look way different and just plain grey and dont have inserts at all.

/quote]

Yep.

Here you go, WRX v1

3828a5b5.jpg

And WRX v4

198a7da1.jpg

the red are from the 93-94 wrx

the other black/dark grey are ver2 seats im sure

CUDDAS']

[quote name='Swindog said:

Ive got the ones like the grey except they have yellow inserts instead. 99 V5 manufact in Oct

/quote]

We had a wrx in work a few months ago with the yellow inserts on the seats & i wondered if they were factory colours, or if it had been re-trimmed :). (I'm sure it was a 99 model too but i'm not at work this week so cant look that info up)

mates jdm wrx had the yellow seats,ver 5, another mates 96 wrx had the same style but grey as the pic

G-unit said:

the red are from the 93-94 wrx

the other black/dark grey are ver2 seats im sure

97-98 WRX as stated, v2 STi seats were black with alcantara panels in the back rest and cushion.

99 v5/v6 WRX had yellow trim as per Swindog.

Thing to remember is these are the factory fitments, as the seats are easily interchangeable it's entirely possible to find cars with later (or earlier) seats.

And to find different seats in NZ, Australian or EU Imprezas.