Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Replaced my two piece up-pipe with one that was in one piece, made a twisted, twin-scroll up-pipe with conjoined external wastegate for my RS while the wagon's exhaust manifold was off as I could test for fitment, then pulled the spare up-pipe back out of the wagon as it was just as sh** as the first one, welded up one of the up-pipe's and fitted it back in. Pissed around for ages getting the downpipe to not foul on the gearbox crossmember and then finally took it in for a wof after also discovering that the intake pipe was shagged and no longer can seal onto the turbo :( I want a brand new car that doesn't have these sorts of issues!

Fastfour said:

Twisted twin scroll up pipe. I like the sound of that. I want!!

;D

It takes alot of pissing round to get them to fit and I couldn't get the wastegate pipes to be equal length (will keep them separated right up to the wastegate though) and hopefully it will be worth all the effort! I wouldn't want to be paying labour to get one made as I've lost a couple of saturdays to this so far! Might see if Tony at RDL wants to make a jig to build them a bit faster.

DSC00796.jpg

Koom']

[quote name='Fastfour said:

Twisted twin scroll up pipe. I like the sound of that. I want!!

/quote]

;D

It takes alot of pissing round to get them to fit and I couldn't get the wastegate pipes to be equal length (will keep them separated right up to the wastegate though) and hopefully it will be worth all the effort! I wouldn't want to be paying labour to get one made as I've lost a couple of saturdays to this so far! Might see if Tony at RDL wants to make a jig to build them a bit faster.

DSC00796.jpg

It's Worth it ;) I've got my hx35 seeing 12psi (wastegate pressure) as I'm only running in atm by 2400 in 6th gear. Twin scroll sounds mean to.

gotasuby']

It's Worth it ;) I've got my hx35 seeing 12psi (wastegate pressure) as I'm only running in atm by 2400 in 6th gear. Twin scroll sounds mean to.

That would be nice! My original setup with this HX35 was only making boost above 4500rpm :( But was a s**te setup anyway. Even if I can get ~12psi by 3500rpm I'd be stoked. Engine is no longer 2L either so not sure how much difference its going to make to my boost threshold?

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

Whoa, thats intense. I'm guessing the two pipes to the turbo are equal length?

Making a jig would be an aweslme idea.

Was quite fun making it. I always enjoy that type of fabrication! The two pipes are as close to equal as I could be bothered to get them in the space available. I haven't got much spare room anywhere in there!

Koom']

That would be nice! My original setup with this HX35 was only making boost above 4500rpm :( But was a s**te setup anyway. Even if I can get ~12psi by 3500rpm I'd be stoked. Engine is no longer 2L either so not sure how much difference its going to make to my boost threshold?

/quote]

Was quite fun making it. I always enjoy that type of fabrication! The two pipes are as close to equal as I could be bothered to get them in the space available. I haven't got much spare room anywhere in there!

I am running 2.5l and avcs so pro in help a little. Josh car with hx40 and 2.35 will be ready soon and that will be a good comparison. He running v3sti heads

changed oil in the truck.

massive fail on my part as the remainder of the 4L oil canister didnt seal correctly and leaked all over the boot.

Spent half the weekend trying to clean it up/off.

Visibly it looks fine now but still feels kinda greasy to the touch.

Hmmm. Lacking ideas to lift the remainder. Maybe a good shampoo and wash is required?

ODB said:

massive fail on my part as the remainder of the 4L oil canister didnt seal correctly and leaked all over the boot.

Hmmm. Lacking ideas to lift the remainder. Maybe a good shampoo and wash is required?

New carpet. Youll never get it out...possible a dry cleaners.

Swindog']

[quote name='ODB said:

/quote]

Fark that dont care that much.

Talcum powder got most of it out pretty well i have to say!

gotasuby']

/quote]

I am running 2.5l and avcs so pro in help a little. Josh car with hx40 and 2.35 will be ready soon and that will be a good comparison. He running v3sti heads

on that note can you send me the pics of my up-pipe :D

we can have a chch twinscroll up-pipe build thread soon .

if my boost is anything like jason's its going to be good! it acts like a td04!

Removed filter from oil feed AVCS on my v7 today ;), trouble is i broke the clip that holds the electrical fitting onto the injector!!! Have it back on with a cable tie but need it replaced. Is it just a matter of getting another one and cutting and soldering the wires? If so does anyone have one that they dont need?

ODB']

[quote name='ODB said:

/quote]

Fark that dont care that much.

Talcum powder got most of it out pretty well i have to say!

Rug doctor wil get some, but as mentioned new carpet will be the key

You could find your local upholsterer and they may have a small off cut that fits the bit where you need to replace...

i did the same but with new oil .... easyest way i found was a can of engine degreaser on the effected area left it for 5 to 10 min ... nek minute ... hose that puppy off ... may require 2nd degrease and hose depending ... then let that bad boy dry out then next day back in the car ... worked for me and it didnt make the carpet come off !!bonus !!!

billzy said:

Absolutely love your car Marc! The prodrive front is my favourite!

Haha thanks mate, Sux I couldnt get that front pic any bigger for some reason :(, thoes ones were only off an iphone tho prob half the reason lol.

Stressed me out abit cutting the genuine plastic bumper for FMIC but made 110% sure I didnt hack it and only took what I had to! Looks stealth anyway so not an eyesore on the nice looking front I reckon... the things we do in the name of more power :-\ lol

marc']

[quote name='billzy said:

Absolutely love your car Marc! The prodrive front is my favourite!

/quote]

Haha thanks mate, Sux I couldnt get that front pic any bigger for some reason :(, thoes ones were only off an iphone tho prob half the reason lol.

Stressed me out abit cutting the genuine plastic bumper for FMIC but made 110% sure I didnt hack it and only took what I had to! Looks stealth anyway so not an eyesore on the nice looking front I reckon... the things we do in the name of more power :-\ lol

Out of interest, what kinda wheels are those? XD9's?