Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Ha what do you know washed mine properly for first time as well but I\'ve only had mine for 2 weeks!

Got stick in and rewired DVD player as previous owner mustn\'t have know what he was up to! All sustems are go now!!

Was a progressive day now for a drive :P

Thanks mate,

The loom is fully there you just cant see it :) The next parts is to fit the new clutch & just finish up a few things with the brakes so it will pass the cert & good to go. I need an auto electrician who is good with subarus to go over the car & check everything is hooked up correctly etc before we start it but I am 99% sure its all good.

Thanks guys I built the car pretty much myself & all been done DIY in my shed Paint etc but Ronnie Lim from RSL made me the headers up & piping to how I wanted, my old turbo is for sale btw so send me a pm if you did want it

Yeah cam angle sensor etc everything is all there, I just took the loom apart & pretty much built a new loom up & its all been covered in braided wiring sleeving in black so its very hard to see it there unless you really look.

Mounted the alternator underneath the engine because with these headers it makes HEAPS of room at the front of the engine

I ran with the original engine because as most people always say it was never meant to spiral out of control like this so stuck with the original RA closed deck block etc

XSCIV1 said:

Hey guys, I dont really know very many people on here but here is a few pics of my car at the recent Supershow, 99% complete now & almost ready to turn the key

Xsciv1-2012.jpg

looks great but I\'m suprised you left the brake booster in there considering you are going for such a clean look.

Marky said:

Washed it properly for the first time since buying it 5 or 6 months ago - hey what do you know it\'s actually metallic in colour :P

Got pod filter ducted into front guard properly - less sucky noises :( but more go fast :)

Not to flame you but proven that dont make you go faster :(

Johnnynz said:

The whole Pod filter makes you go faster thing has been largely proven a myth but a correctly ducted Pod system vs. Hot engine bay Pod would have gains surely.

Depending on how much you trust these guys? I personally am sticking with my standard air box, less the in-guard resonator which I think is pretty common with a lot of people?...

Johnnynz said:

Mines pure rice, no issues admitting that. But cold air is better than warm therefore ducted pod better than unducted surely.

Id think the same and would like to see a pod in engine bay vs. pod in guard/cold air box dyno test

pl0x']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Mines pure rice, no issues admitting that. But cold air is better than warm therefore ducted pod better than unducted surely.

/quote]

Id think the same and would like to see a pod in engine bay vs. pod in guard/cold air box dyno test

Who would pay for the test though. Maybe this dyno day coming up in aux someone put it to rest.

It was either duct it to cold or go and purchase an airbox

I\'ll take the $Free option hahaha

I got legitimate drops in 1/4 mile times (about .2-.3 on average) from getting pod filter relocated on my VR4\'s so I have zero doubt there\'s benefit behind it.

Basic theory: If you have a filter material which has the same level of restriction as your panel filter does, you can flow the same amount of air. If that air is the same temperature as what you would see in the airbox normally - then sweet, you\'ll see no gains and also no losses.

BUT if you have a medium which flows more (but filters less) you have removed a bottleneck - in theory can make more power at the expense of your motor. See (in order of awesome) cheapo pod / stainless mesh pod / hoping the AFM mesh will stop larger rocks / chicken wire over turbo inlet

Or - if you have a good quality medium (K&N / whatever take your pick), but it has more surface area than your panel filter in airbox does - and is getting the same temperature air in - then you get in theory, more potential power without any downsides.

And also the sucky sucky noises :D

Does that make sense?