Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

AdamOst said:

oh, that was just for looks, ill drill a hole in the side or something to run it properly. Have no drill at the moment so its just tucked into those gromets at the back of the bonnet,

Why not buy some oem jets and mount them to your zero sports splitter since it already has provision for them and in the right place.. Just my 2c :-X.... But hey I\'m a nice guy :D. Might even have some if I dig for long enough..

Because I heard the OEM one cost all the money. I assume that they clip into those two holes at the top? If you have some that wuld be amazing. I want to hook it up to on OEM I/C spray button anyway so will ask. Who is the best place to get OEM stuff from, Winger?

AdamOst said:

Because I heard the OEM one cost all the money. I assume that they clip into those two holes at the top? If you have some that wuld be amazing. I want to hook it up to on OEM I/C spray button anyway so will ask. Who is the best place to get OEM stuff from, Winger?

Yeah wingers is easy but I have replied on your wanted..

marc']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Received by clubsub banner today and my membership renewal pack - now I just need a car to put it on! (hurry up and give my car back)

/quote]

Shoulda got me to do it Andrew :-X

should of! Oh well. You coming out to meet?

Holy carp Subaru Upper Cylinder Cleaner is amazing. Going to do a can every oil change from now on.

Sprayed half a can in the manifold. Waited 5 minutes then started it, then held idle high and sprayed in the rest of can while running. Big thick clouds of grey/white and black smoke. Then stopped engine as the can ran out. Waited another 5-10 minutes then started again and went for a drive.

Blew out even more crap under boost. Came home and did half of the second can into my TMIC, the last half into manifold again. Went for another drive.

Idle is much smoother now, not rocking the car at all. Engine sounds much smoother/crisper. :D And no more smoking at all. ;D

Cleaner_001.jpg

Got some new Rear Toe In Adjusting Bolts too, I cut one of mine changing Bushes.

Rosssub said:

Holy carp Subaru Upper Cylinder Cleaner is amazing. Going to do a can every oil change from now on.

Sprayed half a can in the manifold. Waited 5 minutes then started it, then held idle high and sprayed in the rest of can while running. Big thick clouds of grey/white and black smoke. Then stopped engine as the can ran out. Waited another 5-10 minutes then started again and went for a drive.

Blew out even more crap under boost. Came home and did half of the second can into my TMIC, the last half into manifold again. Went for another drive.

Idle is much smoother now, not rocking the car at all. Engine sounds much smoother/crisper. :D And no more smoking at all. ;D

Cleaner_001.jpg

Got some new Rear Toe In Adjusting Bolts too, I cut one of mine changing Bushes.

Did you spray it on the intake manifold itself? Or one of the vac hoses?

Am pretty sure if one sprays it at the throttle body itwill be evenly distributed towards all cylinders rather than just a vac hose?

seith_31 said:

Did you spray it on the intake manifold itself? Or one of the vac hoses?

Am pretty sure if one sprays it at the throttle body itwill be evenly distributed towards all cylinders rather than just a vac hose?

I sprayed into the manifold through the centre front manifold Vac Hose (11 I think). It will still distribute the same and can\'t really spray it straight into the TB directly with the TMIC on.

I went to repco, to get a panel filter for my car, they stock two sizes; one is like $18, the other $52. Knowing my luck it\'s the spency one, and in that case im better off just getting a K&N panel filter. So i walked out because I dont know the size of my panel filter, i dont have one.

Sent from my SGH-I927

Got the motor back together and sat in the hole and dummied up the intercooler piping, feels like i\'m getting somewhere again now :D

Left it sitting like that cause it looks great lol

Picking up my flywheel this friday so i can get the gearbox back on then

Took my car for a wof, failed.

Not surprised, steering rack bushes. And exhaust leaks. Wof guy suggested header crosspipe rotted out, got under started pulling it off and got down to the last nut/bolt. On it, and though; I bet that\'s loose looking at the x-pipe flange bolt. And it was, word of advice folks; don\'t use a rattle gun to tighten \'zaust stuff. And the x-pipe is now shroudless, but the front end is leak free.

. Muffler pipe flange.

Sent from my SGH-I927

Ninja 8) said:

Paid for new spotlight cover STI And Volk decals

Bought a 3" axle back to make love to my zerosports midpipe

I\'m looking for exhaust from the DP back - might just get one made I think

Got my wagon back yesterday - I\'m loving it haha

The symms equal headers sound mean - car has 3" down pipe mated to factory exhaust (still so quiet! >:( thought downpipe would give it a bit more noise)

Goes well! Can definitely feel a difference - feels like a bit more off boost torque - still spools up nicely - didn\'t notice any noticeable lag or anything

Oh and I put my banner on

loner said:

checked catch cans. header catch can empty... crankcase catch can has a reasonable amount of oil in it after one street sprint.

Does that mean anything significant? too much pressure in crankcase, or just normal?

How much boost do you run? I found if i pushed the boost my catch can filled up but on lower boost it doesn\'t use a drop.

Either way it means the crank case pressure is higher than what\'s in the breather system? How have you done the catch cans?

Crank case pressure = thin ice

Roo']

[quote name='loner said:

checked catch cans. header catch can empty... crankcase catch can has a reasonable amount of oil in it after one street sprint.

Does that mean anything significant? too much pressure in crankcase, or just normal?

/quote]

How much boost do you run? I found if i pushed the boost my catch can filled up but on lower boost it doesn\'t use a drop.

Either way it means the crank case pressure is higher than what\'s in the breather system? How have you done the catch cans?

Crank case pressure = thin ice

I\'m running 17psi at the moment... the catch can has 3 hoses... one from the crankcase... one to the PCV and one to the intake.

The airflow from the can to the intake might be slightly less restrictive than the standard tee piece... but not by much.

gotasuby']

[quote name='subieboy said:

Getting a big f**k off service today... Please be kind with the bill Atotech Rangiora

on the plus side still no oil leaks from engine, diffs or gearbox ;D

/quote]

I\'ll ask Blake to be nice haha

done and dusted, passed wof with flying colours, service was a breeze. Even got the injector cleaner thing to pop in the tank at next fill.

Picked up "v8 dash" from strongs. Turns out it\'s a v7 sti one, but 260km speedo in blue. Looks nice, but not what i\'m after. Also billed / sold as a 03-05 sti dash. Which it isnt. Sooooo, back to strongs it goes, heres hoping they have the correct one.

Also waiting patiently for my new to me mudflaps to show up... eeeee!!!!!