Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Received a USB OBD2 cable in the post today, hooked it up with FreeSSM and:

untitled_zpsfa65c785.png

Going to have a bit of fun with this over the next few days :) Those A/F values are looking a tad suspect...

Also going to look into installing cruise control hardware now I know the ECU can handle it.

Not today, but last night: Jacked it up, removed both front wheels, wheel arch liner, removed grille, front bumper and fenders. Installed sedan front fenders and bumper, but my grille back on, realised I need new wheel arch liner, (but modified it for now). Then fitted wheel spacers, and put my wheels back on. I'm very impressed how the wagon looks with the sedan fenders. I'll throw a picture on when I've put the new bonnet on and give it a wash!

Anyone know where I can get wheel arch liner from?

Edited by Fizzy Toucan

Bp5nut, get them new from wingers, not too pricy either

Update on the shimmy, jacked up the front, had a play around with the wheel assembly, checked torques on everything, no play in anything.

Drove it to work, shimmy has gone. Could have been crap in the wheel from the roadworks around my place atm, will definately be keeping a close eye on it.

Edited by kwi_fozze

Fitted these into the car, Sparco ergo 2 seat, Willans 6 point harness, Sparco brackets and Sparco r215 steering wheel. finally got a seat in there again.

DSCF2151_zps704066a5.jpg

DSCF2153_zps6f1462af.jpg

Decided to put all the vacuum hoses in my BD5C back to original so see if it wanted to run properly now, as it has been in parallel for months now (trouble free). Took the terminals off the battery for an ECU reset at the same time, managed to break one of them :rolleyes: so had to bugger off to ripco in the ute to buy some bits for that. CEL as soon as I gave it a bit of right foot through 4th or 5th, still feeling like only the secondary works, yet feels like (to me) that they both spool with the parallel setup. So all in all a lot of stuff all to learn that sequential setup doesn't work in my car for some unknown reason.

Not today; but the other day; fitted manifold spacers; and now just gonna modify a left hand fuel rail to fit a fuel pressure regulator; assuming the end bits can be removed with an oxy torch and some wiggling. It'll sit at the back. Is amazing how much easier it was getting the manifold and tmic on with 8mm lift.

Also good news on the money front those pricks paid up. :D court scares many a person.

scooby-wrx said:
BP5Nut looks interesting. Please keep us updated.

Installed cruise control, works perfectly - big thanks to this thread for some of the finer details: http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?42250-Fitting-cruise-control

Only issue is there is no light on the dash to tell you whether the system is on or not.

Total cost was $92 for the cruise control switch & 4-pin brake switch from Strongs.

No obvious issues found so far which might affect the A/F ratio, next step is to get a bit of engine starter spray and see if spraying that around the intake/intercooler/manifold at idle will cause any rev changes.

New tyre yesterday…Amazing how a car feels so different on fresh rubber! Replaced cracked fuel line so big thanks to B4_685 for info on depressurising the fuel system. Big thanks to the father in law too for cutting braided hose for me lol :D Alignment tomorrow…

Edited by B4 I was 250T

94 Leone said:
Not today; but the other day; fitted manifold spacers; and now just gonna modify a left hand fuel rail to fit a fuel pressure regulator; assuming the end bits can be removed with an oxy torch and some wiggling. It'll sit at the back. Is amazing how much easier it was getting the manifold and tmic on with 8mm lift.

Also good news on the money front those pricks paid up. :D court scares many a person.

Pics? Notice any difference? Been wondering about doing them myself.

Timmah said:
Pics? Notice any difference? Been wondering about doing them myself.

Only differences ive noticed yet is how much easier it is to connect tmic up. Car should be going by end of week gotta mod fuel rails for fitment. The grimmspeed spacers have different dowel points; thinking us vs nz/jp spec but otherwise fit fine. Just a small mish getting everthing lined up for the manifold; being that everything wanted to move. After buying my grimmspeed ones; i saw some gizzmo ones pop up on trademe and I just thought typical.