Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Guest vf20/21bg5
 funkytown']

[quote name='pl0x said:

i don't really see the point of two boost settings unless you got uncontrollable power (traction issues). I would just change to high anytime i wanted to boost or overtake anyway haha

/quote]

factor.in what the boost means. Mine is 12@200kw and 20@275kw... Its been said before,for me low boost is quite simply less chance of hitting someone in the city... The car even at 200 is plenty to fast on a.close ratio box.

Fuel economy doesn't even factor

...i do like what you say bout 12psi = 200kw and 20 psi = 275kw....does that meen ill be hitting 300kw at 22psi if im already at 220kw at 11psi?

CP93MM']

[quote name='pl0x said:

i don't really see the point of two boost settings unless you got uncontrollable power (traction issues). I would just change to high anytime i wanted to boost or overtake anyway haha

/quote]

factor.in what the boost means. Mine is 12@200kw and 20@275kw... Its been said before,for me low boost is quite simply less chance of hitting someone in the city... The car even at 200 is plenty to fast on a.close ratio box.

Fuel economy doesn't even factor

...i do like what you say bout 12psi = 200kw and 20 psi = 275kw....does that meen ill be hitting 300kw at 22psi if im already at 220kw at 11psi?

you both run diffrent turbo's itl be hard to tell.get it back on the dyno and crank it. :D

^^ if you dont it'll be your rear drive train that lets you down, you should pick up that r200 set up that tony has got info on if you want to run RWD, & try crack 500rkw.

you've got the basis to work off, 300rwk should be a walk in the park that's like chipping a silvia ;) na... i'm kidding, 'may' even surprise a few skidders out there too :)

its quite weird how a 5mt can hold 300kw but a convrted rwd box cant?i thought being rwd it would take excess pressure off the box?

tru.i thought the only weekness would be diffs and mayb a few axels.lol u cant blame them for breakin if your droping the clutch at 7000 8000rpm

xxMELZxx said:

you have a link dont u chris? changing your turbo set up is going to make the tune al whack

Lol boosting fine till I hit top revz, Think your right mel. Boost cutting hard out. Time for a tune up I think!! ;D

Guest vf20/21bg5
 sti8u said:

its quite weird how a 5mt can hold 300kw but a convrted rwd box cant?i thought being rwd it would take excess pressure off the box?

i have a v5/6 5mt converted professionally to rwd, the "wrx bible" i have says tha the v5/6 5mt had a stonger casing, way more supported then the models b4 and gear strengths were hardened a differnt way too......plus none of that matters as im going "Dog box" soon anyway :)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 WRXONP said:

Its mainly the shock that brakes stuff . . Ie clutch dropping . . .

im not a clutch dropper at all :o...i wait till the turbo kicks in to do my damage....and to be honest you are right ,its the harshness that breaks things :P...but im a smooth transitioner 8)

PLRH8D']

[quote name='xxMELZxx said:

you have a link dont u chris? changing your turbo set up is going to make the tune al whack

/quote]

Lol boosting fine till I hit top revz, Think your right mel. Boost cutting hard out. Time for a tune up I think!! ;D

iknow theres a asain dude in auckland some were,heres the man to talk to about hondas

i think spencer(ninja) knows who im talking about

iduno about the casing theory?all the gearboxs look the same to me,so im not sure.

are you guna run a hole new dog box or set?iv seen some good priced gearsets for subaru gboxes ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 sti8u said:

iduno about the casing theory?all the gearboxs look the same to me,so im not sure.

are you guna run a hole new dog box or set?iv seen some good priced gearsets for subaru gboxes ;)

Trust me, the "Subaru performance handbook training WRX edition 3" by MRT performance austrailia dont say things unless its truth, as thats the reason i bought my v5/6 5mt as quoted from thr book (i can take a pic of the page where it states that if you want more info?)007-14.jpg

Guest vf20/21bg5
 sti8u said:

o0o0o0o0 i didnt know that,

nice were did you score that hand book from?

well it only cost $150 16mths ago :o ::), off trademe, its an awsume lot of performance material...i used it as my bible for my build

Guest vf20/21bg5
 sti8u said:

s*** 150$ for a books quite pricey,worth it thoe!!

looks like a good handy handbook!

here ya are... ;)003-19.jpg?t=1305098692004-18.jpg?t=1305098724

Guest vf20/21bg5
 DRFVDR said:

when i had my '90 GT i had the original of this book,lent it to some guy in wellington and never seen it again :(

...you had the 1st eddition? rear as now!

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Pelvin said:

Makes me happy that i got a v6, and not 4 or below

thats not the end of it, you should read the rest!...to be honest the v5/6 wrx were the best models of all ::)...from what i read...the later models become to heavy in the chassis with all thr crash strengthening etc

CP93MM']

[quote name='Pelvin said:

Makes me happy that i got a v6, and not 4 or below

/quote]thats not the end of it, you should read the rest!...to be honest the v5/6 wrx were the best models of all ::)...from what i read...the later models become to heavy in the chassis with all thr crash strengthening etc

WIN FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D