Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

AdamOst said:

Called up Innovate/Subtech/Highbrook for rebuild quotes, looks like im looking at ~$3500 if all goes well, and more like 4k if the rings or cam belt etc are going to be done. Push in/drive out kind of thing. So need ot decide exactly what I want done, and who to do it, and hopefully get it done in a month or so.

edited for truths

Rosssub']

Called up Innovate/Subtech/Highbrook for rebuild quotes, looks like im looking at ~$3500 if all goes well, and more like 4k if the rings or cam belt etc are going to be done. Drive in/drive out kind of thing. So need ot decide exactly what I want done, and who to do it, and hopefully get it done in a month or so.

Is that with your original Version 6 EJ207, open deck block?

Yeah, does that not sound right?

[quote name='AdamOst said:

Called up Innovate/Subtech/Highbrook for rebuild quotes, looks like im looking at ~$3500 if all goes well, and more like 4k if the rings or cam belt etc are going to be done. b]Push in/drive out kind of thing.[/b] So need ot decide exactly what I want done, and who to do it, and hopefully get it done in a month or so.

edited for truths

Harsh but true :( Well it does drive if you dont mind a really loud clanking noise :P

AdamOst']

Called up Innovate/Subtech/Highbrook for rebuild quotes, looks like im looking at ~$3500 if all goes well, and more like 4k if the rings or cam belt etc are going to be done. Drive in/drive out kind of thing. So need ot decide exactly what I want done, and who to do it, and hopefully get it done in a month or so.

/quote]

Is that with your original Version 6 EJ207, open deck block?

Yeah, does that not sound right?

It\'s the perfect time to switch to a Version 7 EJ207 semi closed deck block.

Rosssub said:

More conversion parts arrived today. 8)

Thank you very much Marc. ;D Perfect.

STI_Manifold_003.jpg

STI_Manifold_002.jpg

No Prob, Just clicked I didnt include the mani bolts as you might need the stupid long things lol. Let me know if u need them :)

AdamOst said:

How much and where do I buy one? Ive asked winger before and they said they dont sell them..

PM fbssub1 and see if he has anything coming up?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-722133084.htm

PM Marc and see what he\'s got, even one needing a rebuild?

Wingers had some maybe early last year for $1500 each, one resold recently on here for the same price.

Or if you want to go EJ257, member EJ20T has one for sale that\'s ready for a rebuild.

Or you can have rods inserted beside your bores to semi close your original block (quoted $200-$250), or there are other options for closing blocks (JB weld etc).

Oh right, will keep my eye open then,. I am somewhat budget constrained, I have 4k to play with, 5k at the absolute max to have an engine running and installed, anything more and its not going to be worth fixing up as the car isn\'t worth enough money even rebuilt. Im also not planning on keeping it for that long either, maybe flick it off end of year unless my financials change, it costs too much to track if I break anything, and its a bit pointless having as a weekend car, id rather swap it for something a bit more comfortable. Ive still got to fix/replace the panels I crashed and possible chassis damage... So this is a lot of money to spend on a car worth maybe 10k?

marc']

[quote name='Rosssub said:

/quote]

No Prob, Just clicked I didnt include the mani bolts as you might need the stupid long things lol. Let me know if u need them :)

Hmm yeah I will need them. do you have any GDB head breather hoses for TMIC I can buy, then throw the bolts in with them in with them?

AdamOst said:

Oh right, will keep my eye open then,. I am somewhat budget constrained, I have 4k to play with, 5k at the absolute max to have an engine running and installed, anything more and its not going to be worth fixing up as the car isn\'t worth enough money even rebuilt. Im also not planning on keeping it for that long either, maybe flick it off end of year unless my financials change, it costs too much to track if I break anything, and its a bit pointless having as a weekend car, id rather swap it for something a bit more comfortable. Ive still got to fix/replace the panels I crashed and possible chassis damage... So this is a lot of money to spend on a car worth maybe 10k?

find out if you have any chassis damage before committing to an engine

Ninja 8)']

Te37s been sold to a mate and on his leggy! Currently looking for some 17s before i get booked in for a cert! Marc only has 1 set of sexy 17s back so no go there!

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Looks good spencer :)

How much you pay for you bc golds?

/quote]

Got it off marcs race car for like $500 plus a couple clevis and a strut so owes me $800ish!

$ was 400 lol :P, stop killing brain cells lol :-X

Rosssub']

/quote]

Hmm yeah I will need them. do you have any GDB head breather hoses for TMIC I can buy, then throw the bolts in with them in with them?

I can\'t wait to see your final result. Going to look nice Ross

marc']

Te37s been sold to a mate and on his leggy! Currently looking for some 17s before i get booked in for a cert! Marc only has 1 set of sexy 17s back so no go there!

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

Got it off marcs race car for like $500 plus a couple clevis and a strut so owes me $800ish!

haha

ADIKT']

/quote]find out if you have any chassis damage before committing to an engine

Yep, should find out tomorrow.

marc']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

Oh my apologies!

Rosssub']

/quote]

I do but they are a big array of crap unlike the older ones. (they run thru the injector sheilding plates -which i have too but no1 bothers fitting them on modded stuff as they just get in the way)

Id just use push lock hose and a T fitting. (can be done neatly and come with most turbosmart Bolt on BOV kits as they dont clear the breather hardpipe) You running V7 type heads or v5/6 type heads?

Ninja 8)']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

Oh my apologies!

haha no apologies needed just helping you exersize that memory of yours ::):P

marc']

/quote]

I do but they are a big array of crap unlike the older ones. (they run thru the injector sheilding plates -which i have too but no1 bothers fitting them on modded stuff as they just get in the way)

Id just use push lock hose and a T fitting. (can be done neatly and come with most turbosmart Bolt on BOV kits as they dont clear the brather hardpipe) You running V7 type heads or v5/6 type heads?

Ur my backup memory :D Btw..you are tooooo smart :P 8)

Opened the garage, looked at it. Thought "I gotta drive this thing again"

Went for a cheeky wee strop round the block.

Wow such rebel, very clutch kick, many wastegate.

You guys ever had a car that makes you smile every time you see it?

14072043504_8d7ded1719_c.jpg

[/coolstory]

marc']

/quote]

Id just use push lock hose and a T fitting. (can be done neatly and come with most turbosmart Bolt on BOV kits as they dont clear the breather hardpipe) You running V7 type heads or v5/6 type heads?

Sweet, done. ;D Using version 6 heads.