Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Club auto told me $1850, 6k excess because i dont have an "approved 5 star immobiliser", only the factory canbus immobiliser, that can only be bypassed by having the right key.

So, i'm now with youi, $1200 with a $500 excess. And my work tools are covered if they are in the car

Do you know anything of Pioneer Insurance? Sorry its been a very long time Since i had car Insurance,but last time i did was a Honda 98spec Type R Teg about 8years ago and was with Poineer had Full cover excess was low like $500 or maybe $800?and insured for $16000 max cost me about $60 per month, Now days I put my faith in a gps tracker and alarm.. If i had i really expensive bit of kit like most of you guys do i would look to insurance as well and Micro dots if its going.

Edited by hijacka

hijacka said:
What was the reason for the Flexi Tim? Sorry bout your Rim btw.

Luckily for me it was on a rim that's already curbed.

The flexi is is to give the exhaust the freedom to move about, especially if I accidentally scrape it on the ground. Plus the rear muffler wasn't properly sitting on it's hangers. It meant the removal of a resonator, but luckily for me it's not any louder *touch wood*

hijacka said:
Do you know anything of Pioneer Insurance? Sorry its been a very long time Since i had car Insurance,but last time i did was a Honda 98spec Type R Teg about 8years ago and was with Poineer had Full cover excess was low like $500 or maybe $800?and insured for $16000 max cost me about $60 per month, Now days I put my faith in a gps tracker and alarm.. If i had i really expensive bit of kit like most of you guys do i would look to insurance as well and Micro dots if its going.

Im with Club Auto. They specialize in high performance vehicles and aren't expensive either.

http://www.clubauto.co.nz/

Replaced a very worn RHR Hub Today, can't get the the hand brake to work it appears whoever done the conversion is a idiot! used the wrong cable as i know your ment to use the oem cable. also looks like all the pads are worn and need replacing not to mention the clutch only has afew months left but i couldn't afford it at the time i did engine swap.. so that will need replacing which i will do in next couple of months as i need to drop the box and connect the reverse light and neutral position switch wires as the wires are cut at the box..so whoever done this conversion can suck my nuts! If your going to offer a service then at least do the job properly!

Edited by hijacka

hijacka said:
Replaced a very worn RHR Hub Today, can't get the the hand brake to work it appears whoever done the conversion used the wrong cable as i know your ment to use the oem cable. also looks like all the pads are worn and need replacing not to mention the clutch only has afew months left but i couldn't afford it at the time i did engine swap.. so that will need replacing which i will do in next couple of months as i need to drop the box and connect the reverse light and neutral safety switch as the wires which are cut at the box.. whoever done this conversion can suck my nuts! If your going to offer a service then at least do the job properly

I said it once, I'll say it again. I'm glad you picked up the car :)

Today I changed my coolant, so it's now a beautiful bright green and not water coloured with a pinch of green. And I'm happy to say I did 99% of the work myself!

Timmah said:
I said it once, I'll say it again. I'm glad you picked up the car :)

Today I changed my coolant, so it's now a beautiful bright green and not water coloured with a pinch of green. And I'm happy to say I did 99% of the work myself!

What are you trying to say Tim? your glad i bought a lemon?Did you know about this?

I bought the car because i thought the person that done the conversion would have done a good job but sadly i was wrong.

Edited by hijacka

hijacka said:
What are you trying to say Tim? your glad i bought a lemon?Did you know about this?

I bought the car because i thought the person that done the conversion would have done a good job but sadly i was wrong.

Nah that you're caring enough to bring the poor car back to life.

Sucks about the state was worse than you thought though.

Forgive me for rushing to conclusion Tim, i drop the bloody hub on my pinky and now i'm all pissy lol.. just venting thats all, its not like i payed for the conversion but am bit disappointed at having to replace parts i thought where all good(Rant over)

hijacka said:
Forgive me for rushing to conclusion Tim, i drop the bloody hub on my pinky and now i'm all pissy lol.. just venting thats all, its not like i payed for the conversion but am bit disappointed at having to replace parts i thought where all good(Rant over)

Are you referring to the ra that you bought with 6 speed conversion. If so the box has wiring cut as that's how we got it and he didn't want to pay to fix it. And the handbrake is oem cable and was working ok when it left. Hubs and brakes were good when done.

gotasuby said:
Are you referring to the ra that you bought with 6 speed conversion. If so the box has wiring cut as that's how we got it and he didn't want to pay to fix it. And the handbrake is oem cable and was working ok when it left. Hubs and brakes were good when done.

Yes that RA, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=791424347 The guy said his friend did conversion so i assume he is a mate?, The rhr hub bearing is shagged! that would have only happened over a number of kms.. i bought the car with a blown engine and he states in the auction he only done the conversion at 175000kms car is now 182,000

I Know the owner didn't look after the car and it has had a hard life but no way would the wear and tear happen in such a short distance(7000kms)Giving good parts where installed, no point posting up a picture of the hubs as its not going to prove anything but i can say it was very loud and when i spin it its very notchy so bearing needs replacing

Heres a picture of the rear pads 001_zps671fde64.jpg at least they are endless but to bad they are at there end.

Well as far as the reverse light and neutral position switch is concerned, i think its just robbery that you would have to charge him extra for crimping 4 wires together on to his oem plug. you did charge him 5g for the conversion after all, And because of your laziness he would have drove away with a engine check light flashing code 51 and no reverse lights. Do you know the reason why the box has been opened up?

Edited by hijacka

hijacka said:
Yes that RA, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=791424347 The guy said his friend did conversion so i assume he is a mate?, The rhr hub bearing is shagged! that would have only happened over a number of kms.. i bought the car with a blown engine and he states in the auction he only done the conversion at 175000kms car is now 182,000

I Know the owner didn't look after the car and it has had a hard life but no way would the wear and tear happen in such a short distance(7000kms)Giving good parts where installed, no point posting up a picture of the hubs as its not going to prove anything but i can say it was very loud and when i spin it its very notchy so bearing needs replacing

Heres a picture of the rear pads 001_zps671fde64.jpg at least they are endless but to bad they are at there end.

Well as far as the reverse light and neutral position switch is concerned, i think its just robbery that you would have to charge him extra for crimping 4 wires together on to his oem plug. you did charge him 5g for the conversion after all, And because of your laziness he would have drove away with a engine check light flashing code 51 and no reverse lights. Do you know the reason why the box has been opened up?

I didn't do the conversion. And no he is not my mate. Just did a cambelt for him a few years ago on that car. I'm not going to do free work when he brings it to me. I saw gearbox plugs, He didn't want to pay me to fix it. I know handbrake was working when it was being looked at and I adjusted it best as possible and test driven but definitely no noisy bearings. No idea on gearbox being apart sorry.

gotasuby said:
I didn't do the conversion. And no he is not my mate. Just did a cambelt for him a few years ago on that car. I'm not going to do free work when he brings it to me. I saw gearbox plugs, He didn't want to pay me to fix it. I know handbrake was working when it was being looked at and I adjusted it best as possible and test driven but definitely no noisy bearings. No idea on gearbox being apart sorry.

Well thats strange becasue when i bought the car he said You and Richard done the conversion and when i txted you saying i bought the car you done 6 speed conversion to you didn't deny it then.