Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Quite keen to get hold of a flex fuel map. I,know 1randomkiwi is chasing hard for a tune.

Think I should do the raptor headers and decat before I get tune updated though. Hell I dont have any definitions or even an ecuflash file for the tune he did so,cant even pull it out of curiositys sake. *shrugs* happy with it though, flat foot that flat 6 intake howl is glorious

Loaded up a E-Flex ECU map today. The first minute of that was interesting (embarrassing)

The car coughed and spluttered and spewed out black smoke and sounded like a tractor until the ECU finally realised that I still had normal petrol in the car, at which point it finally started running normally again.

Time for a trip to Hampton Downs to try some corn juice :-)

Have twilight track session booked for the 15th of December. So will be defiantly be running E85 then. There are as good as no places to get E85 in Auckland. HD is the closest. I just have arrange a meeting with a customer of mine who is out that way.

The default setting on the new map is for E70 so it is pumping an extra 15% fuel in. The rough running and smoke is essentially because it gets flooded. So it will only do it the first time. I assume it will run rough for a few minutes when changing to a new mix too.

kwi_fozze said:
Quite keen to get hold of a flex fuel map. I,know 1randomkiwi is chasing hard for a tune.

Think I should do the raptor headers and decat before I get tune updated though. Hell I dont have any definitions or even an ecuflash file for the tune he did so,cant even pull it out of curiositys sake. *shrugs* happy with it though, flat foot that flat 6 intake howl is glorious

How is yours behaving under slow steady acceleration, from complete stop? Mine jumps initially, then there's a massive dive at 1st to 2nd changeover, then goes and then dives again before it flicks into 3rd, then goes well.

Frickeng annoying and hope it'll be sorted soon.

kwi_fozze said:
Ooooohh mines pretty smooth, my first map had some huge holes in it but this ones quite nice.

Was going to do all 3 cats deleted, and run basically a straight pipe with a couple of hotdog type resonators to take out the crackle

Yea, you might want to hit up Daytona on the forums for a bit of knowledge on that subject. He has a pretty full on system now. The stock cats take out a huuuuge amount of rasp in the exhaust note. He's got 2 high flow cats, 2 hotdogs after those and 2 more resonators on the main section. It's still quite loud and would probably drone a fair bit on an auto.

Also what year was your car first registered? If it's 2010 or later then you can't de-cat it.

kwi_fozze']Ooooohh mines pretty smooth, my first map had some huge holes in it but this ones quite nice.

Lucky you then..

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

Was going to do all 3 cats deleted, and run basically a straight pipe with a couple of hotdog type resonators to take out the crackle

You'll need a bit more than just a few hotdogs even if you keep your main cats and just delete the third plus bigger pipework.

I'm planning to add a Vibrant resonator in line with AdrenalinR that I already have, that should finally bring the noise levels down. Not a huge fan of those bullet style Coby resonators, much cheaper though.

Turned out 3.0 gets fricken loud when you open it up a bit.

Drove mine into a suzuki at about 5kph (haha)

a) Good thing it's insured, I'm up for a new bumper, bonnet and prob straightening out a couple bits. Super minor prang however alloy bonnets don't un-crease well it seems

b) looks like I can get my facelift bumper painted & on the semi easy way now. One of those ones with the wanky "B4" sticker and canard bits I've always wanted

Also on an unrelated note, definately gained some horseys with new downpipes, peaked at 294g/sec and haven't re-tuned to suit yet. It does feel healthier all over, wooo (either that or I've gained an air leak)

Now I'm out of things to do to it without actually getting my hands dirty

Edited by Marky
Andy pointed out I'm a tard

• Admin

Guessing you won't be needing the cable for a while now?

294 assuming your talking g/sec is getting pretty impressive now ay. Would love to see what this thing can do. Drove my old one last weekend for the first time in ages and it feels like such a dud with it in stock form.

sobanoodle said:
Lucky you then..

I think more like unlucky you soba. :confused: I think most people have been very happy with their tunes. I know Matt is working on getting your car running like the like the well oiled machine that it is. :)

At the end of the day it is not his fault that you had a hose off for the initial tune. Yes he was a bit slow to respond after that, but I think he's gotten back to you and I expect you will have a good result in the end just like everyone else. Let me know if you need to use my Tactrix (the full working one)

I'm happy to help if needed.

Marky said:
Good, is worth doing

Yea I looked at rotating the comp housing and using the 27 front cover . Could easily block the hole for 2nd bov . The housing doesnt have lugs to mount waste gate on . The vf 13 and 14 front housings are made from the same casting and have 4 lugs for both wastegate positions

Not exactly today, but for the last month have been filling it with 95 not 91 (its N/A). It was running Ok on 91, and only did it cause I was being a bit of a cheapskate thinking I would be spending less on petrol. Turned out to be a false economy (I had been told this before), but when I did a comparison of 91/95 I only did 95 for a week so didn't really notice any difference. After running 95 for nearly a month I have noticed slight better acceleration and Km/L is better. Feel like a bit of a dick not doing it earlier (and not listening to more experienced voices). I went form about mid 11L per 100km now running in the mid 10s. And car feels a lot more responsive at lower revs. Moral of the story - run it on what it says in the manual.

If it's JDM you may find that going all the way to 98 may give you a similar result. If you want to react faster to the change in fuel then resetting the ECU starts the learning cycle and lets the engine adjust faster to the new fuel. Not sure how that is done on a gen3 though.

McDoof said:
If it's JDM you may find that going all the way to 98 may give you a similar result. If you want to react faster to the change in fuel then resetting the ECU starts the learning cycle and lets the engine adjust faster to the new fuel. Not sure how that is done on a gen3 though.

As its only a un-modded 2.5 N/A it think I will stick with the 95. 98 is too much for me to spend at the moment and not sure if worth any minimal gains

It normally ends up being the same $$ per km, buuuuut you get a healthier motor in the bargain

Mr Leone - maybe, possibly, not gonna bother they're too much $$ to bother with it (cheaper to go single than buy another VF32/33). VF27's on the other hand are like $50 so it's a no brainer to do it

94 Leone said:
Reckon you can do that with the later rev D turbos?

Or are the two too dissimilar?

The 26 27 are bigger than the 32 33 anyway . You could just bolt a ball bearing 26 27 hybrid on for a primary .

Is rev d the one where the primary turbo has a ten mm bigger inlet hose ?

I had a blown 32 lined up to try do it but they threw it out after I hit buynow . Theres a 33 at pickapart atm

Marky said:
It normally ends up being the same $$ per km, buuuuut you get a healthier motor in the bargain

I did notice it was running slightly cooler. Only thing is theres only 1 petrol station that is in my weekly travels that carries 98. Will look into it later in the year/new year and see if its better.