What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

rebeltrousers']

this is what my GF did to her car today :(

-smurff

s***, she's ok! :(

+1 on Lucky it wasn't your car tho

shes ok, has a bruised knee and a bit shaken up but is ok. so thats good :D

it wouldnt be so bad if it was my car, its fully insured, hers is only 3rd party, so currently looking into fixing it, but will probably just try buy a new car.

[quote name='boostcut said:

s*** house. wanna sell it? haha

whats ur offer :P :P :P

-smurff

So after drawing up these models months ago;

th_ej20twinscrollbaffledsumpassy.jpg

and

th_wrcstylesumpassy.jpg

I finally managed to get myself sorted i.e. do some suck-up jobs to get in the workshop manager's good books and also wait for the new Laser to be up and running (I got my first concept drawn up the week our old laser was decommissioned) and turned them into some real pieces of steel.

Doing them out of 1.2mm EG to prove the concept and will think about alloy and stainless in the future. But as for now, some flat parts straight off the Laser.

SumpParts.jpg

Have some busy weeks ahead of me so may be a while and started on the rebuild of my engine so have to wait til I have that done until I can test one of these out.

ODB']

mean.

how many of the EJ20s will this work on?

Making one thats copied off the WRC style ones so will fit most that have normal single scroll headers. Planning on test fitting with factory headers (~V3 STI) and hopefully if Roccco is in the workshop at some stage with the motor out, I'll make sure it fits around his aftermarket equal length headers too (he doesn't know but I used his car for alot of the measurements ;) )

Also building one for my car that will fit around the factory twin-scroll headers and still increase capacity and have some good baffling inside.

Plus thinking about another version that has baffles and a good surge tube but fits into the factory sump. Not sure if anyone would want to do that but Tony at RDL keeps pestering me about it.

So basically, I want to be able to fit one onto any of the EJ20/25 variants ;D

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

Thats awesome Koom. Really impressive.

Cheers ;D

I always get a kick out of seeing the stuff that I've spent ages modelling on the PC come to life out of the Laser.

Koom']

mean.

how many of the EJ20s will this work on?

Making one thats copied off the WRC style ones so will fit most that have normal single scroll headers. Planning on test fitting with factory headers (~V3 STI) and hopefully if Roccco is in the workshop at some stage with the motor out, I'll make sure it fits around his aftermarket equal length headers too (he doesn't know but I used his car for alot of the measurements ;) )

Also building one for my car that will fit around the factory twin-scroll headers and still increase capacity and have some good baffling inside.

Plus thinking about another version that has baffles and a good surge tube but fits into the factory sump. Not sure if anyone would want to do that but Tony at RDL keeps pestering me about it.

So basically, I want to be able to fit one onto any of the EJ20/25 variants ;D

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

Thats awesome Koom. Really impressive.

/quote]

Cheers ;D

I always get a kick out of seeing the stuff that I've spent ages modelling on the PC come to life out of the Laser.

you might be able to make a nice little earner once you get it sorted.

aim']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Solidworks?

Right now as I type this I'm using Solidworks for a project but usually I use Solidedge. I like Solidworks better cause its what I know but have learnt heaps of Solidedge's tricks in the last year and it does sheetmetal really well. I haven't used newer than Solidworks 07 for sheetmetal as thats what we had at my old work and I've been told that they've stepped up their game a bit in the current version.

Recently got new CAM software called Lantek for the Laser and Turret Presses which is pretty cool. It also means that I can sneak my own parts in amongst the offcuts on the sheets without too many people complaining as we've taken control of all the part nesting and workflow through production ;D

I've got a ~questionable version of 10 if you wanna have a play in the privacy of your own home :P

I usually use 9, as it's compatible with the uni version. (also 9) great program, love fiddling around with it, just redesigned (reinvented, lol) a gatevalve.

Also what have I done to my car today? Lol... I'm rolling on a a space saver. got a f***ing puncture - bloody nail in the tire.

I did a drifty on the way to uni this morning, I took the car as I'm taking it into town to get the puncture fixed (sapce saver... lol), I was pulling out of a blind T intersection turning right, car came round the corner at the least oppourtune moment, so I put my foot down (already half way acorss the other lane). Space saver wasn't having a bar of that, rear of the car stepped out and so I went sideways around a traffic island, and then into my lane. On a space saver. It's scary how much grip you don't have.

It certainly woke me the f*** up lol.