Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stolen V4 STI RA DET258 CHCH

My good mates white WRX STI RA was stolen from Avonhead, Christchurch in the small hours of last night 31/03/10. It had the number plate DET258 and had a faded "t" on the rear plate. Whoever stole it was very determined as they pushed his other car out of the driveway to get at the RA. It had around 180,000km was bought of trade me about 2months ago and was driven up from Lumsden.

It looks exactly like my old RA however has some front bumper damage on the passenger side.

Updated!!

img0040rcw.jpg

img0041hb.jpg

img0044rz.jpg

img0051q.jpg

img0047yb.jpg

Any help would be fantastic.

Oh and the police have been informed............

Hey mate i think there is a serious crime ring going around chch i am completly fucked off as may 1997 JDM wrx ra stolen from halswell road night 29th march i think these thefts are defnitly connected and am trying everything i can to get it back mine is unique rego is dsl291 has black 17 advanti rims carbon fibre bonnet black halo headlights and black tail lights front mount side skirts front and rear lips and black spotlights the police are shit and still havnt contacted me so i am taking matters into my own hands i want to get these fuckers i have alot of people around the area keeping a look out and have heard so info i am trying to follow up keep in touch and let me know how you get on

boostcut said:

use a car as bait..... then come out of the bushes and kill them..

I think that point of view speaks for every forum member, even the pacifist.

Oh man WTF!!! My mates wrx version8 wagon got stolen as well last night from Staveley Street in avonhead. Same senario, pushed it from their drive way. WTF aye. Not cool!!!

Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to thank Macatacka for making this thread, as it is in fact my WRX STI RA that was stolen from Avonhead the night of 31/03/10.

I thought I better make an account to keep you all up-to-date on whats happening, regarding my V4 STI RA. I feel that these recent WRX thefts are all related as I live two streets down from DECIVD's mates WRX wagon. With my case, i have a long driveway in which the cars are parked in a line. The thiefs have broken into my fathers 2004 Legacy Wagon, rolled that down the drive and parked it facing the wrong direction to traffic with some of his stuff strewn across the road. My WRX is quite loud, you can hear me from 2-3 blocks away and my neighbours bedroom is pretty much right next to wheres my WRX was in the driveway. It seems they might have been using a tow truck or putting the cars on a trailer. I have been asking around my street and i've found that one of my neighbours down the other end of the street saw 2 guys using a flashlight walking around at 3am around a week ago. They noticed him and pointed the flashlight at him. He got in his car and drove over to them and confronted them, they told him "we were going for a walk".

The morning of the 31st I got my fathers car checked for prints. They found a set on the inside of the RR door glass. The detective told me they were using gloves as there are 4 finger marks but the prints have straight lines in them. So it seems like this was a professional job.

Somethings that make my WRX STI RA distinguishable: Front passenger side bumper damage, Drivers side C-Pillar flaking paint, gold WRX wheels with black wheel nuts, bonnet has a dent around the battery area and a faded Speights sticker on the rear window ;)

Anyway, hopefully I'll get my baby back :(

@DECIVD - Got any pictures of this WRX Wagon, so we can keep an eye out?

Cheers,

CFNZ

It amazes me how brazien and determined the *kers are. I've been told about guys in the past that have moved 2 cars out of the driveway, rx7 they where after had no steering wheel and they just seemed to put it on a truck and never seen again :o

mates work had its alarmed bypassed door pulled off its rails and two cars moved to try and steal his rx2 but they had no truck just lucky the diff blew that day.

still got stripped for parts and they took his bosses sons maloo ute instead.

Guest boostcut

im coming to chch on tuesday for two weeks if you want a hand to catch them.... il be working at gough heavy machinary btw ;D

familyman']

[quote name='thorpy said:

- Was your car registered as a wrx/sti/r/ra ect or just impreza/legacy ?

/quote]

thinking Carjam may have made these guys shopping a lot easier? Do any club sponsors do deals on alarms for those who haven't already got one?

i doubt it, anyone can get registered owners address from any car they see on the street just buy going to post office any paying $3. which is why most of us dont register our cars to our own home addresses.

Something is obviously going on in this area, my V3 Sti EFK923 was stolen end of feburary from english st, which is avonhead/upper ric area...This definetly sucks, I'll keep an eye out for it however its more than likely locked away somewhere, probably along with several other cars.