• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TURTLE']

[quote name='pappu said:

depending on tune and condition of engine

on the street u may be able to get away with 260kw

but on the track perhaps 230

/quote]

You and spec C should get together, then you'd be able to convince each other that this thread is the truth.

:D

lighten up bro.. was just answering his question based on what i have seen people have on their cars thats all

obviously the answer is dependant on tune and state of motor as described in the first line..

anyway, it seems there are lotsa youngsters out here these days that have $$ to burn for some really good cars etc (i have one cousin like that so kinda know wat power bragging is at like in school)

i know of at least 2 guys going to papatoetoe high school with evo 7 and 8 and some with modified sti's and the dyno figure buys lotsa respect from the looks of it

sop perheps young kevin here wants to get on the power train as well.. why not point him the right way eh..

anyway, kevin, if u want the power seriously go to a hi performance workshop in ur area and get it done professionally so they can put in the right parts for the job pretty much .. if u have a power figure in mind then get them to do what it takes for u to get that - since u have little experience doing this stuff, perhaps this wud be the best advice for u.. get it to a performance shop and they can let u know what is needed and then u can spend up at will..

PS. i know from other young'ns like u that track days dont count for anything in school but what others here on the thread are saying is based on their experience and that is -- get to max out what u have first and sharpen ur skills b4 getting more mods and the likes as that could be the difference between walking home on ur feet or a coffin if things turn nasty in a hi powered car..

good luck in whatever u choose man

loren said:

I can see a lot of money to be made here... selling fake dyno plots to school children.

exactly bro.. my cousin who wants 260-270@wheels (purely for bragging rights in schools) has not even passed 7th form and has sti/evo plans

i never see any of his powered car mates do any track time on the cars as the dyno sheet talks the talk if u know what i mean.. and thats all that matters..

its good that the cops are tighter on the roads so stops the risk of more boy racing after school lol

the way i see it is not to try and stop them abt making power etc as school pressure will just make them do it anyway but positively try and get them to do it the right way and more so try and point them to a track for some legitimate fun etc.. well thats what i have been doing anyway

Well first off I'd like to suggest that it's not how much power you can get that is important, it's how useful that power is going to be on the road and how long it's going to go for that are the important considerations.

You could get huge amounts of horsepower at the loss of torque, and have a car that's a pig to drive requiring constant gearchanges and constantly having to be right at the right(read high) revs all the time. Motors like this don't last long.

Guest keltik

Stick a 2.5 block in it, close the block and forge everything else. Add meth injection, a HX50 turbo and throw the cosworth catalog at the heads.

Then you should be good for 400kw atw.

Spec C said:

was wondering what else i could do to improve it

or what parts to buy first

its been said a few times now kev..

tyres to go on track, gas to fun on the track, brakes as they wear out on the track

and the driver experience / training / improvement - will cost you nothing.

just get out for some fun days - it will go waaay faster than you think

Guest Fastfour

Take you car and go to the track, then give it to someone like me and see what they can do. Then give it to someone like BT or Tony and see how they can go even faster.

Then get someone like Johnny Reid, Craig Baird etc and see what they can do with it.

You will soon see the one slow thing about your car is you.

Learn to freakin drive it!

Guest loren

Yous guys are full of ****. Everyone one knows that a comprehensive roll cage is the

only way to make a car handle. Only queers use the brakes enough for them to get hot,

and only nerds that can't drift need good tyres.

Guest loren
 keltik said:

Its sad your so misguided Loren. Bolt in cages are much lighter and just as good!

yeah but they're generally not what you'd call comprehensive. In Japan it's been quite

popular for a number of years to use two or even three bolt ins... you just place the

second or third into the car on a slight angle and cable tight to the first one, which

is using the bolts.

Guest Fastfour

Im gonna agree with Loren about rollcages.

My car handled pretty good until I put a rollcage in. What a difference it made.

Like chalk and cheese

Spec C said:

cheers man , um yeah i was going to let speedtech to all my work but since ive got the ecutek it makes the tune more expensive etc ,

220kw is fine , i wasint aimming to high , cant be number one , was thinking if the motor can handle it then bigger turbo as mine runs out of puff , but by the sounds of it , im pushing pretty much max safely , so best to leave it ,

i would now like to invest money towards the handling of the car as that has no limits

it has , tein super street sdjustables , tein front strut brace , zerosports rear strut barce , whileline antiliftkit , nolothan rear diff bushes ,

looking at improveing handleing thinking of getting it fully braced etc , getting cusco lower arm brace version 1 and 2

cool_story_bro2.jpg

pappu said:

PS. i know from other young'ns like u that track days dont count for anything in school but what others here on the thread are saying is based on their experience and that is -- get to max out what u have first and sharpen ur skills b4 getting more mods and the likes as that could be the difference between walking home on ur feet or a coffin if things turn nasty in a hi powered car..

****! It's 'you' not 'u', 'your' not 'ur', 'high' not 'hi' and 'before' not 'b4'...

Kevin, when you put 'ing' on the end of the word, you omit the 'e' - improving, handling etc. Also there are NO spaces before commas!

When you two talk it hurts my eyes. If you're old enough to drive you should at the very least to be able to bloody write plain English - and I'm studying a degree in what is essentially a **** load of maths and I manage. ::)

Kevin and Pappu,

Nothing wrong with buying a spec c at 16 (well ok maybe a little, but if it's your passion in life...) if they use it on what it's made for - a track. It seriously sounds like Kevin drives it to and from school once a week and brags about it to his mates... hence he wants the large kw figure. If he wants respect - buy an r35 skyline (won't even have to be a v spec) with a rb25/20det. When he finally and inevitably wraps it around a tree I hope he doesn't kill anyone innocent.

If we can convince him to get track time, do something smart, be sensible and gain respect by thrashing his mates at actual driving skill. Then that's one less risky 16yo on the road, by the time he's 22 he'll probably be a more capable driver than most 35yo men in their big v8 HSV. Most school kids are too short sighted to see that and already think they're hot ****.

Poser.JPG