Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What argument do you put up when you get a "unreliable subaru "rant from people?

ben-jamminn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol hahahahaha got this from my dad before i bought it. on multiple occasions. just say its got a rumble that is music to my ears ;D and for the woman at work, just laugh it up and say cheerz mayyt ;) lol

• Admin

hahaha fair call...

my 1st subaru was a NZ new GL Legacy, i bought it at 230,000ks and its not (now) at 387,000 and still going strong on the origional engine. its all down to how you look after them....... and how lucky you are ;D

(edit for automagic word interpreter. sorry the spelling function is $9.95 ;p)

ben-jamminn said:

Just curious, It's something that all subaru owners must get from time to time...

I got told today by some ignorant woman at work that I should sell my car as it will 'blow up at any second' ... funny that she knows absolutely nothing about cars haha

tell her shes fat and ugly, and you can always just get a rebuild

lunchie said:

you may want to remind her that for the past 4/5 years Subaru has been rated as more reliable than Toyota and Nissan in both the US and Uk

In the US and UK they look after there cars alot better than half of the nz subaru owners. Subaru's do seem to do alot more engines than most of the other car brands in nz. Its all to do with the owner and how the vehicle is maintained.

well i've owned mine 11 year's & counting, & there hasn't been a day when i turn the key & it wont start, no acelecrator needed, just turn the key it starts. doesnt mean i havent broken anything tho that has kept it off the road,

In the early day's the parts i broke were really expensive (a few crownwheels, pinions, rear diff & an engine) & i had nowhere near the money available i have today so it did spend a while in the shed while i found my feet & started a we family :)

Munkvy said:

I point to the kill tally stickers on the rallycar and go yep, I know they are unreliable. Whats your point?

That's just it. What's their point? These things are grippier, far more fun and arguably safer than their dirty bloody toyotas...

I don't trust cars with excessive crumple zones and such little structural integrity, just personally. Would prefer to be stacked in one of my Legacys (bless their souls), as they'd probably be repairable and they'd probably pwn whatever it was that hit 'em provided it was a 4x4 :P But that's just me.

All I say...

Ive never blown up any of my Subarus... Ive only ever had to replace water pumps, and rubber items that decompose over time.. ( Ive had to replace my original 35 year old heater hose only 2 years ago on my GSR lol. )

Alot of mine have done 300,000+Kms

Dad drives his impeza alot and it sometimes goes 3 to 4 k over oil change entervills.

It still runs Smoothly. Does not tick etc. It must be coming up to 300,000km soon?

I say I know alot of people that have more reliablty problems on there Fords, Holdens, Mazdas, Mitis etc...

Also hasnt Subaru have the Most relible Car award for the last few years? or something of that nature?

Like alot of people have said its down to how you maintain them... Most young bucks pick up the cheapest car they can find with a turbo and thrash the tits off them and they blow up... It just so happns that they buy subarus because they are faster than cheap hondas or toyotas and mitsi only offer the gsr for the coons still at school. So the theory that subarus blow up more often is based on young dickheads... thats my theory anyway

Guest boostcut

people only think theyre unreliable because there are so many twin turbos out there that never get serviced... i dont see as many gdbs broken down compared to toyota prius/camry etc.

Generally now days i simply go "If it breaks, i'll fix it. Nothing is unfixable short of a bent chassis"

Other times i'll simply say it's only as reliable as you make it, look after em and they last forever.. Or Pretty much what subieboy just said.

That said, some people make the mistake of buying 2.5's though, and get the idea that the whole lineup is headgasket prone. I will give them the EJ25 argument, but that's where it stops.

one thing i say is cause muppets like you buy a performance subaru, service it evvery 15000k's, thrash it when cold and wounder why it blows up. So many people buy a turbo legacy, drive and service it like a toyota corolla and wounder why it blows up, they say its just a family wagon, mabe so but its got a performance car engine, treat it as such. If Mitsi made as many cars as subaru like the legacy you would see just as many if not more blow up.