Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

EOI: anyone that will lend me a set or 5x100 wheels + tyres for playday

• General Member

This thread is a fucking joke tbh.

The amount of babying you get from CS members is an absolute Joke also mate.

Harden up, quit your bitching and make it work like the rest of us do. If you cant afford it shut up save some cash and do the next one.

We dont need your god damn life story everytime you think about maybe possibly saving up to buy some nuts to hit a track in your parent financed fucking monster of a car.

- Disclaimer - I havent paid enough attention to know if mummy and daddy brought the car, im assuming and I make no apologies for that as I dont see how anyone could possibly be this much of a whiney penis and buy there own Spec C.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

axeman said:

I note that dad paid for the tyres, am I right in suspecting he bankrolled the whole damn package? Just wondering.

apparently not, altho im very suspicous, my dad financed me my 1st car, a 1000cc mini...for $100, and i still had to pay for tyres/fuel/etc

dubbedup']

[quote name='axeman said:

I note that dad paid for the tyres, am I right in suspecting he bankrolled the whole damn package? Just wondering.

/quote]

apparently not, altho im very suspicous, my dad financed me my 1st car, a 1000cc mini...for $100, and i still had to pay for tyres/fuel/etc

It all adds up like 1 + 1 = 3

axeman']

[quote name='axeman said:

/quote]

It all adds up like 1 + 1 = 3

yeah... dam youngsters these days

Just sell the damn thing and go buy a bloody Honda. At this stage whatever you spend on the car by the sounds will make less difference than just getting out and driving the thing.

axeman said:

+1

He gave it away when he said he earns $50 a week. That's $2600 a year at most. He's 17.

Spec C's go for $25k+. He said he's spent $7k on it. Thats at least $32k. And then there's insurance...

Do the maths.

Spec C said:

ive been working for dad since 9 , and i dont even get $12 an hour so , fu*k what you think , bet half of you's didnt ahve to start working at that age. maybe thats why i get a bit of pocket money here and there

I would of told my old man to fuck off.

Then again, I didn't, I worked for him for free... Why? 'Cos he's my old man.

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='Spec C said:

bet half of you's didnt ahve to start working at that age.

/quote]

Actually i did, started working at that age if not before on the farm, thats how i have bought the cars and toys iv got, s*** dont come for free unless your dad gives it 2 you......

+1 here, I had to pay my own way for everything i got...and its still not a lot commpared to some of the "put it on tick bro" generation.

if i were your dad i would have made you put the money in a house.

A car is only to get you from A2B and only cost you money. The only person that cares about what you drive is yourself nobody else. I would only put good money into a car if it was disposable money or a future investment. Thats my 2 cents worth.

There are those of us that sit in the middle ground; I'm 24, single, have a full time job and three cars. One is the pride and joy.

Yes you have to enjoy the one life you have, but remember that if you don't go kill yourself against a pit wall you've got another 70+ years left to it. Best consider and prepare for it.

With great power comes great responsilibity.

And don't think for a second that these guys here weren't once young guys in similar positions to you either. They've learned their lessons - you can either listen, or go ahead and make expensive mistakes you will regret.

You'll never get where you want to go if you keep pissing cash everywhere. Decide what you want to finish, decide whether it'll work for the next 10 years or not, and stick with it - budget for every bit.

If you sell up, buy something you are gonna keep for a fair few years and will grow as you do.

If you don't, decide once and for all what direction you are taking the Impreza in and stick with it. Don't just type every silly thought that pops up - re: the bolt-in roll cage, particularly...and frankly, borrowing wheels. You've been told several times that the current tyres are perfect for it given your level of experience, and I've told you that you're not going to lose half your tread in one day (unless, of course, you do something truly spectacular) as I've gone...actually, pretty close to 15,000km. Been doing a lot of rarking lately.

No point in having a nice car if you're going to just f**k it around this way or that constantly...leave the poor thing alone :/

::) This thread really is a load of... what others already said.

If you're worried about costs (including the potential result of aiming for ultimate lap times on your first few track days in your $25k car, after buying sticky tyres to try and make up for your lack of experience/ability) then I suggest...

Sell the expensive car and buy something older and cheaper to own/run/thrash, at least until you actually have some experience.

If you want to keep doing track days and learn how to drive properly then I suggest a lighter, more involving sportscar like an early MX5 or MR2 - they're pretty bulletproof, parts and tyres are cheap, and they're bloody brilliant to drive. There is a tidy looking Mk1 MX5 on TM at the moment for $3k, buy that and go nuts.

Seriously, a lot of people have given you some good advice on here, might be worth listening to...

This was a great read. Kept me entertained during the last 45 mins at work, squinting at my small screen on my phone.

My 2c:

I have done a few track days. The most memorable being in my Ver 3 sti wagon on Nankang tires at Taupo, those got loose and I think I killed them :D

Up until the last two playdays at Manfeild and Hampton Downs, I have always used normal road tires on motorsport events - autocrosses, slipway and track.

Dunlop Sport Maxx, Bridgestone RE-001, Toyo T1-R, Nankang NS-2, Dunlop Direzza DZ-101 just to name a few of the ones I have used.

I have only used the R888 twice on the track, they didn't wear much on Manfeild. But Hampton gave them a good run - I think that track would prob kill normal road tires though.