Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

evowrx said:

Theres a 2 pin hitachi I think and a 3 pin mitzi. Dont quote me on the makes its been a while but Im fairly sure. My V5 had 3 pin early -V2 or V4 was 2 pin I believe.

Dont think you can buy an adaptor as other pin does something demo can probably tell you I dont have access to the programs anymore.

You can rewire alternators. We have a 3 pin in rally car which used to have 2 pin got extra power demands

gotasuby']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Theres a 2 pin hitachi I think and a 3 pin mitzi. Dont quote me on the makes its been a while but Im fairly sure. My V5 had 3 pin early -V2 or V4 was 2 pin I believe.

Dont think you can buy an adaptor as other pin does something demo can probably tell you I dont have access to the programs anymore.

/quote]

You can rewire alternators. We have a 3 pin in rally car which used to have 2 pin got extra power demands

There is quite a few plug and play harnesses available. You mean the 3pin is higher amp? Ones I used to sell i swear were same output but then were oex/jaylec/unipoint so not oe alternators.

• Admin

got an issue thats kinda stumped me, was having a nosey around the engine bay the other day and noticed someone had moved a clamp from holding on a pipe going between the passenger side bov and turbo intake and had it just on the pipe squashing it quite a bit. so i decided to move it to where it should be, the pipe wasn\'t the whole way on so i pushed it down further and clamped it. The part i don\'t get is now the vod seems exponentially worse. The only thing i could think of was some air was escaping before the turbo which doesn\'t seem quite right as pressures were always slightly high rather than low. And the pipe was on enough that it was still fairly tight.

749_zps1641f7e1.jpg

Cars a 2000 B4 RSK btw

B4 I was 250T said:

So going down the octane booster track would bring mine close to the 206kw factory?

go down the make more horseys track not dumping octane boost in, its based on the assumption that the cars pull timing a touch on 98 compared to 100 octane, to be fair id assume no real difference since nz is pretty low elevation & temperature to compensate for sliiiightly lower octane

with breathing mods youll make more like 230 kw @ flywheel pretty easily, plus the thing is 15 years old so all the octane boost in the world wont fix that wear on things

Andy_Mac said:

got an issue thats kinda stumped me, was having a nosey around the engine bay the other day and noticed someone had moved a clamp from holding on a pipe going between the passenger side bov and turbo intake and had it just on the pipe squashing it quite a bit. so i decided to move it to where it should be, the pipe wasn\'t the whole way on so i pushed it down further and clamped it. The part i don\'t get is now the vod seems exponentially worse. The only thing i could think of was some air was escaping before the turbo which doesn\'t seem quite right as pressures were always slightly high rather than low. And the pipe was on enough that it was still fairly tight.

749_zps1641f7e1.jpg

Cars a 2000 B4 RSK btw

thats the recirculating hose from the bov

has no impact on the switchover side of things so no idea why its made that worse

to be fair if all you did was just put the clamp back on... are you sure nothing else got touched at all?

Marky']

[quote name='B4 I was 250T said:

So going down the octane booster track would bring mine close to the 206kw factory?

/quote]

go down the make more horseys track not dumping octane boost in, its based on the assumption that the cars pull timing a touch on 98 compared to 100 octane, to be fair id assume no real difference since nz is pretty low elevation & temperature to compensate for sliiiightly lower octane

with breathing mods youll make more like 230 kw @ flywheel pretty easily, plus the thing is 15 years old so all the octane boost in the world wont fix that wear on things

Teehee! Thanks Marky :)

• Admin

yea thats why it makes bugger all sense. And nothing else got knocked, checked everything after i took it for the first drive with it changed and it felt worse.

Oh well might just have to do a half arse tear down over the weekend, was keen to see if the primary had any shaft play as i think its been getting a bit louder lately.

Assuming the turbo intake can be moved aside enough without taking off the manifold.

• Guest locked this topic