Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Same as any other car

Bov is on the intercooler on the passengers side, has a tiiiiny sized pipe on bg/bd so you may need to get creative

Remove factory, block the recirculating hose, done

Edit - to elaborate - passengers side of the intercooler you\'ll see a hose, with a valvey thing (with a vacuum hose attached) which then has a hose going down to the intake. Your new bov goes in place of the factory, and the hose to intake gets blocked. Easy as.

If it idles rough, tighten the adjusting screw on the top of the bov down.

Marky said:

Same as any other car

Bov is on the intercooler on the passengers side, has a tiiiiny sized pipe on bg/bd so you may need to get creative

Remove factory, block the recirculating hose, done

Edit - to elaborate - passengers side of the intercooler you\'ll see a hose, with a valvey thing (with a vacuum hose attached) which then has a hose going down to the intake. Your new bov goes in place of the factory, and the hose to intake gets blocked. Easy as.

If it idles rough, tighten the adjusting screw on the top of the bov down.

Guest hate-evoz
 SWAGGN']

[quote name='SWAGGN said:

is it ok to use Recaro seats in a subaru??? just seen a good set on tardme

/quote]

i think this picture justifies me getting recaro\'s

f1fccdf326.jpg

you buy a rex?

Re; seats - recaros are the goods but you\'ll get much more value for money out of some boost instead :D

Too lazy to start two topics so sorry for the massive story, but more just asking for thoughts since I don\'t have an actual problem anymore (touch wood)

Car spat out an afm a few weeks back, replaced with a brand spankers example, story of my subaru owning life, in the meantime also replaced the air filter with a stainless one (I thought the previous filter was the problem) and at the same time trialled a half a tank of Gull E10 98 since feedback here is pretty 50/50 about it and to be honest I was just curious.

And then it all went wrong and I started considering a "swaps for legnum" trademe ad

Started to pack a sad any time it was started from cold - surged and farted about for a solid 3-5km like it had a pipe blown off, before coming right eventually. Wasnt afm, 02 was fine (did its 0-1v whatever flicking back & forth), realigned tps (it was out, and it did help somewhat), sparky plugs were sweet (not looking lean or fouled, just... Good) - cold start and idle was perfect, it just went ugly with some load - anything past 0psi basically - until it was well and truly warmed up, like a few minutes past when it got to centre of the gauge.

Still suffered the odd random miss/surge once warm which I put down to the e10, just dropped the boosty boosty until I got through the tank and crossed fingers.

Got some 98 in it, after a couple of hiccups in the first couple minutes it had came right re; starting missing etc and I thought problem solved.

Then driving to Aucks last night it hit what felt like a boost cut twice - only running 16psi or so, did it once on secondary and once on primary - and noticed it has a surge so slight it could only be noticed crawling along at low speed. This sh1t gets to me, so today I wondered if the filter could be at fault - yep - went back to a dry cotton one and the thing is happy as, drives perfectly again, cold start it\'s smooth as, no hiccups. For what it\'s worth the stainless blitz filter did a horrendous job of filtering... A pantyhose would prob have done better. Only did 500k or so with it and you can see the dust inside the intake :S . It does sound fricken awesome though haha

I\'ve got two afms and both behave identically, I can\'t find any leak of any description, I have two ecus both of which do about the same thing so that\'s not a problem. Fault stays with BOV blocked or not so that\'s not an issue (it\'s recirc anyway).

Question I guess - has anyone found similar before? Or do I just have a very temperamental b@stard of a car which likes to keep me worried

• Admin

Mines an absolute shocker when cold, doesn\'t help that there\'s a pretty big hill i have to go up just as i turn out of my road that basically prevents any chance of feather light acceleration until its warmed up.

So now i have the fun of starting her up and sitting there for 5mins to warm up a bit before tackling the hill :(

Should probably check what filter i\'ve got in mine, the cheeky mechanic went and changed mine last time, went in for a cv got the wrong one changed and an air filter changed without checking with me first . go figure...

In my days of despair (trying to fix every little problem under the sun) i\'ve come extremely close to walking into the bank and getting a sizeable loan for a newer and better legacy, TT\'s are engineering masterpieces, well sort of , but the complexity is just a nightmare

B-MAGIC']

[quote name='SWAGGN said:

is it ok to use Recaro seats in a subaru??? just seen a good set on tardme

/quote]

i think this picture justifies me getting recaro\'s

f1fccdf326.jpg

you buy a rex?

nah man looking at it though, just seen pics of this with the recaros in it and it justifies mer using some to put in my leggy!

Boost!! new build thats on my cards at the moment will have more then enough of that!!

Mine did the same when I got it back from the panel beater, Mark.

Took off gently and stayed gentle and bam, little load and felt like the car was in a hurry to get somewhere. Thought to myself "holy sht!"

Hasn\'t done it since but was exactly what you were describing.

the mrs just called her primera p11 is playing up in that the rev gauge is showing 5000rpm when driving going around to 8000rpm but still driving fine but then when you turn the car off the rev gauge stays at 8000rpm.

whats the fault?

QRAF said:

the mrs just called her primera p11 is playing up in that the rev gauge is showing 5000rpm when driving going around to 8000rpm but still driving fine but then when you turn the car off the rev gauge stays at 8000rpm.

whats the fault?

Is it a cvt box in it?

If the car is off and tacho stays "stuck" at 8 I would say gauge fault

Just leave it and live each trip to the dairy like you\'re Dom toretto

Minor lols from the old monster techs getting set to wrong cylinder number, did the same thing, whoa your car revs to 11 that\'s awesome bro

Johnnynz said:

To be clear you mean screwdriver on the housing then other end to my ear and listen for the whine? Or will it make another noise?

Yep its my favorite diagnostic tool. Will make a mad noise if you feed it into the comp wheel tho ;D

• Guest locked this topic