Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

ADIKT']

[quote name='BINKZ said:

dumb question.... lol ;D

why do some WRX STi's come with "subaru" branded brakes yet others come with brembo?

what is the difference?

/quote]

brembos only came on the v7+ sti's - although not all of them!! pretty sure theres some newer RAs out there which came with dccd and no brembos?

anyway brembos are alot better than the 4pots. better braking! shorter braking distances

yeah well given mines a V7 STi and doesnt have them hence why i asked lol.

how difficult is it to upgrade them if i manage to source a set of brembos?

also how does one tell if you have a twin scroll turbo? (heaps of exhausts dont fit said turbos apparently?)

QRAF said:

I haven't seen any wagons without aftermarket brembos so it might of been on the sedans only?

there not very hard to switch over i've been looking at doing it to my wagon

well my wagon hasnt got them so now you've seen one.... ;)

QRAF said:

I said i haven't seen a wagon without aftermarket brembos.

I've only ever seen them with 4pots but i have seen them on wagons but they were put on after buying the car.

so you should be saying I haven't seen a wagon WITH brembos. Not without. Double negative means all wagons you've seen have brembos lol.

QRAF said:

;D ;D sweet as so

they aren't hard to swap over if you already have 4 potts there just expensive to buy normally around a grand and then you got to get the bigger rotors as well and brake pads

awesome thanks for the info mate :)

after doing some trademe searching all i could find was brembos that are 4potts i understand they have bigger rotors is that the only difference?

So my dumb question is can i put bigger rotors on the factory 4potts instead of being 294mm i'd put on some 330mm or would they just not fit?

QRAF said:

after doing some trademe searching all i could find was brembos that are 4potts i understand they have bigger rotors is that the only difference?

So my dumb question is can i put bigger rotors on the factory 4potts instead of being 294mm i'd put on some 330mm or would they just not fit?

pretty sure you can only go up to about 310mm ... could be wrong though.

• Admin
 QRAF said:

The Brembo 4-pot caliper is quite a lot bigger than the standard Subaru 4-pot caliper.

It uses the 326mm rotors and you need quite particular rims to clear the big bastards.

all imprezas from the ver1 to the ver9 have the similar floor plan (notice the floor mates are all the same) so i'd assume the exhausts are the same i have a sedan ver3 exhaust on my wagon ver5

But i'll cover myself by saying assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups

QRAF said:

all imprezas from the ver1 to the ver9 have the similar floor plan (notice the floor mates are all the same) so i'd assume the exhausts are the same i have a sedan ver3 exhaust on my wagon ver5

thought it would be more like v1-7 and then theres v8-9

QRAF said:

They dont all quite fit. Pappus exhaust that was on his v5 and v7 didnt fit my v6 very well. Melted some of my bumper even.

BINKZ said:

Why do so few suppliers offer turbo back exhausts, only cat back options?

Also which should i go with for a daily driver V7 Wagon.... 8)

because NZ in one of the only countries in the world who let you remove a cat and still pass a wof.

go hassle autobend in CHC, they make Rage systems, Rage make awesome downpipes

• Guest locked this topic