Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Koom said:
It's often the fuel hose clamps need tightening. The fuel hose goes hard with age so the clamps need to be tightened. The one in the centre under the manifold is also the worst culprit as well as being the hardest to get to. Never seen actual fuel leaking out but have fixed the smell on a few legacies over the years due to loose clamps.

Thanks Koom. Will have a good look over it tomorrow on my day off. Cheers

Koom said:
It's often the fuel hose clamps need tightening. The fuel hose goes hard with age so the clamps need to be tightened. The one in the centre under the manifold is also the worst culprit as well as being the hardest to get to. Never seen actual fuel leaking out but have fixed the smell on a few legacies over the years due to loose clamps.

The 2 on the fuel filter were pretty loose. The others around the filter are ok. Still trying to work out how I'm going to check under the intake mani

evowrx said:
Chinese lights or expert wiring?

The second time was because the DRL's had been plugged back in but not properly mounted back on

So hot light on plastic...

First one; standard as stuff just caught fire.

Though he is a master of getting electrical problems where I never had ever encountered any.

-And he wants a saab....

B4 I was 250T said:
Dumb question. My car is factory fitted with hid lamps- can I retrofit hids into my fog lights or no and if no then why not?

Nope, is illegal to retrofit any non-hid lamp with and HID unfortunately, different beam pattern etc.

I had LED's in mine for a while, output is terrible, but if you used them as DRL's they served their purpose.

However I would think the lower lamps are more aimed at driving lamps or fog lamps... If they were DRL's they wouldn't bring on all the interior illumination, cluster backlight, number plate lights etc on with it

B4 I was 250T said:
Dumb question. My car is factory fitted with hid lamps- can I retrofit hids into my fog lights or no and if no then why not?

Answer is YES you can, and you won't have any issues with law etc as they are projector lenses (assuming you have a BE or BH) and beam pattern would be fine -had HIDs as fog lights for 3+ years with multi WOFs from VTNZ with no issue-

However, fog lights are meant to be yellowish for some theory that say that yellow lights penetrate the fog better (there are scientists that say it isn't better tho)

B4 2000 said:
Answer is YES you can, and you won't have any issues with law etc as they are projector lenses (assuming you have a BE or BH) and beam pattern would be fine -had HIDs as fog lights for 3+ years with multi WOFs from VTNZ with no issue-

However, fog lights are meant to be yellowish for some theory that say that yellow lights penetrate the fog better (there are scientists that say it isn't better tho)

Evening fella where the hell have you and your speedy BE been hiding?

Nachoooo said:
From B4 I was 250T's original question, I'm assuming he's asking about the little spotlight like lights at the bottom of the bumper?

In which case are definitely DRL's and have their own switch- dash lights will dim if any forward facing lights are on; just how they are wired.

evowrx said:
Evening fella where the hell have you and your speedy BE been hiding?

oh Hi,

Legacy been in hibernation for the last two and half months as i was overseas and just got back and i havent been on the forums since the big update

94 Leone said:
In which case are definitely DRL's and have their own switch- dash lights will dim if any forward facing lights are on; just how they are wired.

This is from the factory service manual

16555352471_4290bb2f5a_n.jpg

Also, if you look at any modern cars that run DRL's, only the DRL lights will come on at the front. No interior or rear facing lights. Also, as a NZTA requirement for DRL's, they need to dim or turn off when the normal headlights or foglights are operating.

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/lighting/daytime-running-lamps

Aye, the pissy little lights in the bumper. I have HIDs in the main headlights from factory. I guess the manual above says "front FOG light" so that's what we'll call them aye ;) So B42000 did you wire them up? I recently changed my factory HID bulbs to 8000k ones and wanted to make the foggiest blue too

B4 I was 250T said:
Aye, the pissy little lights in the bumper. I have HIDs in the main headlights from factory. I guess the manual above says "front FOG light" so that's what we'll call them aye ;) So B42000 did you wire them up? I recently changed my factory HID bulbs to 8000k ones and wanted to make the foggiest blue too

I believe they were straight replacement, just get a kit for H3 bulbs and see instructions. Mine were replaced by previous owner and when i took them out they looked like a straight swap job!

• Admin

Dumb question time.

Is there any way of locking the boot on a 4th gen wagon when there is no power. Was charging the battery the other night and thought id leave it there overnight, went to just lock the car manually and realised there was no obvious way to do the boot without central locking.

• Guest locked this topic