Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HELP! WTF IS THIS

Ok so any idea what this should connect to? I see nothing around it to plug into.

Sorry about shitty photo, asked the mrs to take it and to email it to me (im at work), should have told her to use the flash.

wire.jpg

Cheers

_Andy

that little brown plug dosnt look plugged into anything or its just the picture hahaha.

is there nothing else you can find thats not plugged in?

-smurff

smurff said:

that little brown plug dosnt look plugged into anything or its just the picture hahaha.

is there nothing else you can find thats not plugged in?

-smurff

You are correct sir, nothing.

Brown plug has a home.

When i get in i'll take a better pic

do you have the charcoal canister still installed? if no thats wat the plug is for .

i searched for a while during my build to find a home for it :)

from stock there is a valve of some description for it...... just forget about it

Its for a flux capacitor??? So you can do 88Miles/hour and disappear into time???

Seriously tho

Looks like it is for another item that your model is not equipped for (I think that the looms for all Imprezza's are the same for efficiency/cost/scale of economy reasons, hence why unused plugs and stuff...

pappu said:

any reason to move the knock sensor there?

better ?

some techs relocate the KS to that spot as the factory location can pick up too much 'other" noise and the ECU can interpert that false noise as knock pulling timing and all sorts of funny sh1t, so that slightly higher location is supose to have less noise

madmike']

That is the plug for the knock sensor..

It will be still hiding under the manifold...

It has been replace at some stage and the new one mounted higher up..

Yeah i had my manifold out and there were no other plugs aside from that one.

Well if its been replaced thats ok then, wish they'd removed the old plug, added weight yo!

Much appreciated all :D

P.S.

[quote name='subieboy said:

Its for a b]flux capacitor[/b]??? So you can do 88Miles/hour and disappear into time???

I wish

WRXONP said:

But if you move it so the knock sensor "hears less" then when its knocking . . The sensor wont know and wont retard timing ? ? Or does it still work sweet . Mine works fine in normal location

na, not in my experiance (albeit limited), when i did the ST conversion on my BH and had MAJOR det from the infamous CR vs ECU problem, with my knock listening gear i relocated the knock sensor to various places on the engine, even on the inlet manifold.. i could hear the det clear as day in all locations.

In saying that i did torque the KS to the factory recommended 24nm everytime too, this apparently is crucial for proper KS operation.

But yea, unless you have issues.. the factory location and position is best.

Hm I didn't torque mine and its sweet . . I did however though clean the 2 meeting surfaces as it earths through the sensor . . I tryd mine in the up higher spot. . Didn't do a thing so moved it back . . . They must of put it there for a reason . . How did you cure the knock cos of compression ratio

WRXONP said:

Hm I didn't torque mine and its sweet . . I did however though clean the 2 meeting surfaces as it earths through the sensor . . I tryd mine in the up higher spot. . Didn't do a thing so moved it back . . . They must of put it there for a reason . . How did you cure the knock cos of compression ratio

yea cleaning both services is the go to.. and the KS bolt.

What problem did you have that led you to want to shift the KS? There are other things that cause teh ECU to think there is det.. like interferance on the sensor wire itself

The BH CR to ECU missmatch meant i was trying to run an STI ECU tuned for 8:1 CR and my engine was 9:1 the result was far too advanced timing causing det.

In the end i had to get a possum link and tune to suit, then later on found a stock standard WRX (non STI) ECU that ran 9:1 n sold the link.