Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

Guest keltik

I suggest "one of my turbos stopped working so i removed it and now its only single turbo"

I told them my auto transmission broke which i why i converted it to manual and they didnt even blink - just approved it.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shale']

wtf with some of these payments..

im 19, own a wrx (little mods) and only paying $1600

Insurance in Auckland and Welly, AFAIK, is far more expensive than most other NZ locations...

[quote name='kingersman said:

wtf with some of these payments..

im 19, own a wrx (little mods) and only paying $1600

I'm in wellington, 21, own a modified wrx and am paying $900 iirc.

When I was 20 with the same circumstances I was only paying $1300 or something./b]

keltik said:

I suggest "one of my turbos stopped working so i removed it and now its only single turbo"

I told them my auto transmission broke which i why i converted it to manual and they didnt even blink - just approved it.

haha good idea

funkytown']

[quote name='keltik said:

Anyone over 25 is insured under my policy with State. Thats what it says on the contract.

/quote]

yer same... well actually EVERYONE is covered who i accept to drive my car (the BPE) the excess is $300 for >25 and $1500 for <25

I am similar to this, works well means mates can drive the car but they just have to be aware how much the excess is. Will have to find out how much my excess is but do know I am paying $800 a year for a 21 Year old with a modified STI in Auckland through a broker so thats the reason for the good deal.

Divine said:

I'm working on it, i've been there for 3 days lol, still learning to use their systems.

Don't worry, when it's sorted i'l start a thread.

Pretty much it's at Lifetime Insurance Brokers, who deal with NZI, AMP, Lumlys, so when I get the sysyemside sorted, i'l be able to refer/request quotes for selected individuals.

If your impatient, you can ring 0800 65 64 66 and request a quote.

How would this work if your a current member of one of the above? I found Lumley to be excellent to work with.

Swindog']

[quote name='Divine said:

I'm working on it, i've been there for 3 days lol, still learning to use their systems.

Don't worry, when it's sorted i'l start a thread.

Pretty much it's at Lifetime Insurance Brokers, who deal with NZI, AMP, Lumlys, so when I get the sysyemside sorted, i'l be able to refer/request quotes for selected individuals.

If your impatient, you can ring 0800 65 64 66 and request a quote.

/quote]

How would this work if your a current member of one of the above? I found Lumley to be excellent to work with.

Pretty much, you give me the details of your car, convictions ect and I go and check to see who has the best prices.

At the MOMENT AMP (Underwritten by Vero Insurance) Is giving really good rates. However there are lost of brokers out there. PM me if you want

• 2 years later...

Been a while since this threads been out...

Been looking at contents insurance... Have no idea to go with at the moment... just getting quotes and what not

Who are other people with?

How much do you pay?

How much are you covered for?

Any hassles with claims or general dealings?

Any help would be grand!

ADIKT said:

Been a while since this threads been out...

Been looking at contents insurance... Have no idea to go with at the moment... just getting quotes and what not

Who are other people with?

How much do you pay?

How much are you covered for?

Any hassles with claims or general dealings?

Any help would be grand!

AMI

$43/month (or something like that)

$60k, almost every item full replacement

Mummy works there, so service is excellent.

I'm on their 'best' insurance because full replacement is winnar, and it worked out being cheaper than their lower value plan, ironically. I don't have $60k of stuff but that's the minimum value cover required to get that level of cover.

Full Replacement cover (regardless of age) for:

your furniture

your TV, stereo and video

your fridge and freezer

your microwave oven

your electrical appliances

your crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils

your desktop computer hardware

your carpets

your curtains

your spectacles, dentures and hearing aids

your jewellery (if specified on the policy schedule)

your light fittings

your works of art (limited to $2,000 per item if not specified)

your cosmetics and toiletries

your lawnmower and tools

With Advanced Contents Cover it does not matter how old these items are.

Market Value cover for:

your clothing and footwear

your household linen

your bicycles

your sports and camping equipment

your jewellery if not specified (limited to $1,000 per item)

your computer software

Mostly stock v6 sti insured for 12k. 25yo witha few speeding tickets and stuff, nothing major. Excess for over 25s is $1500 i think, under 25s +$300.

Think its a little over 90$ a month through albany insurance, went up 16$ or so when I got under 25s added on.

AdamOst said:

Mostly stock v6 sti insured for 12k. 25yo witha few speeding tickets and stuff, nothing major. Excess for over 25s is $1500 i think, under 25s +$300.

Think its a little over 90$ a month through albany insurance, went up 16$ or so when I got under 25s added on.

Looking for info on contents insurance not vehicle insurance. Already a vehicle insurance thread though if you want to add you input there? Cheers

I have no idea how much my contents insurance is by itself as I have home/contents/2 cars all insured under same policy.

my contents is 150k and I doubt that will cover everything ( didnt when we lost everything in a house fire)

if you are renting are you covered for house lost by something you did ( ie YOU caused a fire which destroyed house)..

If owner/occupier then remember contents include carpets,and drapes/curtains.

• 7 months later...

AMI/State/Lantern to NZI/Tower

They will be your main players, without going through a broker.

My B4 Legacy is insured through Club Auto for $10,500 with a loss of licence from demerits and being 22 for $1000 a year full cover.

I was with Clic but they just got bought out by NAC, so transferred over, they sharpened up their prices for Clic customers, $15000 cover for less than $900 per year, with 2 free breakdown call outs per year and im in the drawer to win the NAC Toyota 86 with all the TRD bits on it.

$2000 theft excess and $350 excess on a normal claim. Im happy with that :)

No one else would touch me as my car is too modified.

_MG_7643.jpg

just renewed with classic cover agreed valuation, I wont say exactly how much but more than 30k, full comp when i drive to and from events 400 dollars a year.

excess 500 dollars.

very happy with that.

Stoffa said:

I was with Clic but they just got bought out by NAC, so transferred over, they sharpened up their prices for Clic customers, $15000 cover for less than $900 per year, with 2 free breakdown call outs per year and im in the drawer to win the NAC Toyota 86 with all the TRD bits on it.

$2000 theft excess and $350 excess on a normal claim. Im happy with that :)

No one else would touch me as my car is too modified.

Thats real good. Over 25 make it cheap?

• Admin
 wild_south said:

Hi everyone, just got quoted $1204 p/y Premium with NAC. I\'m 20, and it was for a 1996 WRX wagon, lowered, big bore, etc.

What\'s that price like? Expected?

Yup, that\'s pretty much on the money.