Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bridgestone RE002 - Anyone running them yet?

Flat4

I'm in the market for new tyres. Was after some Hankook Ventus RS-2's but they aren't being brought into NZ anymore.

My first choice at the moment are Bridgestone RE002's which are replacing the RE001. Best quote I have is $220 a tyre in 215/45/17.

Has anyone here had any experience with the RE002's yet?

Cheers

I managed to get a quote of $210 each, so I've booked my car in to get a pair fitted next week and I'll get another pair before the end of the month.

I will be using them for a few track days over the summer so hopefully they hold up better than my MY01's have

Flat4 said:

I managed to get a quote of $210 each, so I've booked my car in to get a pair fitted next week and I'll get another pair before the end of the month.

I will be using them for a few track days over the summer so hopefully they hold up better than my MY01's have

Where abouts did you get the quote from?

I'm going to need new tyres come WOF time and I have no idea what would be good. Post here you how feel they are when you get them :)

Timmah']

[quote name='Flat4 said:

/quote]

Where abouts did you get the quote from?

I'm going to need new tyres come WOF time and I have no idea what would be good. Post here you how feel they are when you get them :)

Tony's Tyre Service. The price they gave me originally was $25-30 cheaper than any of the other retailers, but I got a couple of them to beat it by $5, and Tony's have the guarantee to beat anyone else's price by $10

Might post up a review when I've had them out on the track. I'm a bit worried about having asymmetrical tyres with the way my car eats through outside edges though

I had re001's on my b4, and a mate did a couple track days on them and they held up pretty well, no chunks tearing out of the shoulders and surprising amount of grip when warm. are you getting outside edge wear just on the fronts?

Outside edge wear on all four. I noticed it before the track day I went to and before competing in any motorkhanas on them. I usually run at least 36psi in them so it's not underinflation that's causing it.

They've lasted nearly 15000k's though, the centres still have 4mm of tread left. Left rear is down to canvas on part of the outside edge after Sundays motorkhana haha, handbrake turns have pretty much finished them off

I've managed to kill my RE001s in the face, to death. They're great until they wear down, and then it's all on. Haven't found this to be an issue with the RE-11 monsters on the car now, which have by the way gone far further than the old 001's.

Will be interesting to see how the RE002s get on - if they're somewhere between the old 001 (which I won't miss) and the 11, then I could be interested...at least for the old Legacy. The Impreza's staying strictly on RE-11s.

Actually the RE001s are probably why I didn't come last at the MM10 gymkhana xD Slippy and dead rears, but brand new RE-11s up the front refusing to let go. Bwahaha.

+subscribed.

Shale said:

$205. Keep in mind this was a VERY long time ago in tyre terms, and I have VERY sizeable breasts :P

this is so true, my wife got so much more when buying out laptop by herself then the deal the same guy was guna give us when i was with her the week before, must remember 2 get her 2 get my tyres haha

but we need proof amy haha jk

Shale said:

Haha, such is the way of the world. Blind them with epic jugs, then stun them with some degree of technical knowledge, order some of the best road/track tyres on the shelf...get mean deal. ;)

it works 2, i couldnt get a cent off not even a antivirus cheap, week later wife goes in same guy gets its way cheaper, free antivirus and some other programme, WTF,

if u got them use them ay

GorGasmSpecB said:

Very pleased with my RE001s, wouldn't hesitate to get the RE002s. Held up to track day quite well and have plenty of grip on the road.

The only reason I'm not buying them this time round is I have a cheap deal on Nitto Invos.

Please let me know how you get on with the Nitto Invo's. I've seen them at mag and turbo and done some research on them

They seem to get good reviews but it'd be good to hear from someone in nz. After calling the importer i was disappointed that at the moment they don't bring them into nz in 215/45/17 but may at some point in the future.