Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Cover - Best, Cheapest and experience's

Hey guys,

a stolen topic that has spiraled into an insurance thread, so thought id make an actual one..

What are you dealings with insurance companies and details? hopefully can find some good companies and steer away from bad ones :)

Model

mods

insurance company

how much/year and type

dealing with them (both to get insureance and if you had to make a claim?

Me;

Model - 89 legacy

Mods - rally car stuff(lots)

Company - Classic Car Cover

how much - 360/year Full cover (limit 5000km, insured on touring stages on rally but not specials)

Dealing - easy so far, mostly over interest and sent form to me and sent back, no problems. no claims yet.

anyone else?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Model - 98 type r coupe

Mods - alot lol

Company - NAC

how much - $1400pa Full cover -insured for $13k. Considering i am 21. and that was my first turbo car.

Dealing - Unfortunatly i had to make a claim for full theft. Had no problems what so ever.

They paid me out full amount of $13k. Was expecting them to come back saying we will give you 'market value'.

Overall experience was good. Would deal with them again. Although i would probably try autosure or whatever it is. (aparently theyre cheaper)

Model 04 WRX

Mods Nil

Insurance Company Vero

How much/Year and type $430 per year, full cover for $15k, 2x Named drivers

Dealing with them (both to get insurance and if you had to make a claim?)

Awesome to deal with, best premiums that I could find comparing with the other major players in the field.

Have all insurance with them now - saving almost a grand over previous insurer (Not sure if I should list who that was...)

• General Member

Model - 98 WRX non STI, 2001 Altezza RS200

mods - WRX - Fully forged engine noted separately believe it or not, lowered. Altezza, aftermarket rims

insurance company - Club Auto

how much/year and type - Full cover for both including named driver on Learners on the Altezza. - $1760 PA

dealing with them - NAC was charging me about the same to ensure the WRX alone for 10k. WRX now insured for 7k an the Altezza for 12k. Have made two claims so far, one glass break and glass was replaced before close of business same day. Had a drunk hit me, car was repaired within a week. Very good to deal with so far.

My History - Murky at best, quite a few tickets as a teen, wrote of my first WRX off after sliding on a patch of oil, wrote off a friends car when I didn't think to check tyres before driving and they were down to canvas :( and a license suspension for momentary idiocy a few years ago. 24 yo now. Hoping turning 25 and keeping my nose very clean since losing my license a few years ago will help bring my cost down this year.

Model - 97 WRX STI roll caged race car.

mods - heavily modified with auth card and certification, roll cage, lots of adjustable suspension and big churbro.

insurance - State

how much / year and type - $202.69, thiird party only. lives in my locked garage and is never parked anywhere. no km's restriction.

imo a real sharp deal.

• Admin

Model - 2001 Impreza STi

Mods - Reasonably modified, intake, exhaust, turbo, suspension, rims blah blah

Insurance - CLIC

Me - Under 25, coupla fines

How much - ~$1400/year although that includes a 40% no claims bonus... Full cover + Unlimited glass cover, agreed value ~$16k + reduced excess for rims.

caspros said:

Model : 1998 WRX STI RA

mods : Caged, well, a race car

insurance company : Classic Car

how much/year and type: $330ish/year, full cover, $30K agreed value, specified mods, 5,000km year limit.

Jeepers that's a good deal. Are they just called classic cars?

speedfreak']

[quote name='caspros said:

how much/year and type: $330ish/year, full cover, $30K agreed value, specified mods, 5,000km year limit.

/quote]

Thats them !

http://www.classiccover.co.nz/ :)

caspros']

[quote name='caspros said:

/quote]

Thats them !

http://www.classiccover.co.nz/ :)

They are underwritten by Vero :)

Model: 1998 Subaru Legacy GTB (BG5)

mods: 3" exhaust BOV and Podfilter

insurance company NAC

how much/year and type $290 for third party only

dealing with them (both to get insureance and if you had to make a claim?: yes they were excellent told them i crashed filled in there form payed the excess of $800 and bam payed for the other persons car was hassel free at my end not so much at the other persons end lol

Model: 2000 WRX STi Type RA limited

Mods: Full race car, suspension, cage, brakes, Full exhaust system, fully stripped, seats etc etc

Insurance company:john rae

Price and Type: Full insurance $380 no mileage limitation.

Dealings: No claims, easy to set up though, fixed valuation 25k.

model: 2000 sf5 stb forester

mods: seats, exhaust, rims, lowered, basic sound system install (all noted on insurance)

Insurance Company: State

Price and type: ~800 a year, full cover, no glass excess. under 25, murky history, 60% no claims bonus (doing a lot of driving as a job for more than 4 years helped there

never had to make a claim

dealings: very helpful, easy to deal with. multi policy discount as i have my contents insured through state too.

Helped me out with suspended payments and lower rates etc while i was off work and unable to drive. damn helpful.

Model: V7 Sti Prodrive

mods: exhaust, ebc, bov, sway bars

insurance company: club auto

how much/year and type: full cover $1400 a year, was 17 when policy started and now that I am 18 get a small further discount when I renew my policy, first turbo car as well but have clean history.

dealing with them (both to get insureance and if you had to make a claim?: short online quote then rung up and was insured within 20 minutes. Haven't had to make a claim yet.