Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

If your in the market for new speakers check these out

• 1 month later...

It's a shame they don't do many 2-way component speakers

When you say they go hard; that's quite a bold statement! In comparison to what other speakers?

Also are they externally amped with 100-125Hz HPF? At say 75W rms (minimum)?

I just run them off a good quality pioneer head unit, they bass that they produce can sound like you got a sub lol but if amped they would go even harder

In that case, they will be severly underpowered at 22W rms - possibly even 'clipping' if you're driving them hard.

Also off the headunit they generally don't run High pass filters and are often fed too much bass. On Pioneer headunits I generally use a flat EQ, and Loud on either Off or Low.

Speakers like to be played generally 100Hz and above, leave the 80Hz and below to the subwoofers (that's their job).

Ok, I've had a quick look at the site:

The only speakers I like are these:

http://www.etechnology.co.nz/philips-6.5-240-watt-component-speaker-kit-xidp262294.html

But if you're spending $169 - why not get these? A far superior speaker! I'd pay the $30 extra.

http://www.onlinecaraudio.co.nz/Digital_Designs_DD_CS6_5

Wiretap said:

Boschmann have been out for ages. They're a budget brand sadly, not known for their quality-of-reproduction.

Yeah Joe had them in his RS and even amped with a 4-channel. I wasn't overly impressed. A good set of components will beat them anyday!

Or even a entry level set of good components - as mentioned above.

A lot of their range is aimed at replacement of OEM speakers - of course anything is better than those paper cones with foam surrounds.

Ashton95 said:

meh I like boschmann pretty keen to just stick with them since I know they go well . .

Then do it :) Sound is very subjective, so if you're happy, you're sorted!

Was impressed with a $400 set of Rainbow 6.5 components, very clear and had a punchy mid bass, listened to a set of JVC 6" 2 ways and couldn't really tell them apart.

Probably mentioned this a million times now, sorry everyone, but i find my Fusion speakers to be terrible!

• Admin
 Ashton95 said:

funny you should say that iv'e always liked fusion

Without being overly audio-snob-ish, have you ever had a listen to some of the 'high end' brands - DLS, Rainbow, Infinity, Image Dynamics, Alpine (Type X) - things like that?

Because Fusion and Boschmann, with all due respect, aren't that wonderful. They're ok, for the price.

I have a Digital Designs 9515 that I glued a Boschmann dust cap to. That surprised a few people ;P

boon']

[quote name='Ashton95 said:

funny you should say that iv'e always liked fusion

/quote]

Without being overly audio-snob-ish, have you ever had a listen to some of the 'high end' brands - DLS, Rainbow, Infinity, Image Dynamics, Alpine (Type X) - things like that?

Because Fusion and Boschmann, with all due respect, aren't that wonderful. They're ok, for the price.

I have a Digital Designs 9515 that I glued a Boschmann dust cap to. That surprised a few people ;P

Agreed. I only bought my Fusion PPs becuase they were a third the price of the Infinitys and the Boschmann amp becuase it was the only 6 chan amp i could find cheap enough for my pocket at the time.

It runs everything pretty good i must say but i would like to see how it goes with a decent sub hooked to it and some infinitys.

I loved my type X components in my trueno, pity my wrx's doors are too thin to mount them without cutting the door card >_< Ive got them in the parcel tray atm to help with midbass as the kicker slims I do have in the front are a bit lacking. Its adequate i guess, but nowhere near as awesome sounding as it was in sound deadened doors.

Audio is one of those thigns where you may think it sounds good, untill you hear something in a better setup etc then you want to spend more money. Same situation with horsepower i guess.

I've listened to harmon kardon, rockford fosgate b&w b&o all the very high end stuff so I do know what sounds good but what ever each to their own :)

had fusions before they are crap. Mate had bosh said they were decent for the money but never personally had them. Have absolutely rubbish components in my car atm so bad that I ripped out the tweeters

the only good speakers I've ever really had that I never had to mess with or change or anything was some very very old kenwoods in my 95gt legacy. They went absolutely amazingly and I never knew why... Looked to be possibly factory to?

Ashton95 said:

I've listened to harmon kardon, rockford fosgate b&w b&o all the very high end stuff so I do know what sounds good but what ever each to their own :)

Those guys make lots of crappy stuff too.

Checkout the latest issue of Motor for a review of factory setups.

B&W and HK made the lowest rated systems.

:P

• Admin

Yeah the Mazdas full of Bose tend to sound pretty pooz as well. Though oddly the Audi Bose setups actually go OK. Weird - many different grades of product with the same badge, I guess.

I'm biding my time to buy myself some DLS Nobeliums. Neo motor so should fit in the doors OK. <3 me some european silk dome tweeter goodness.

boon said:

Yeah the Mazdas full of Bose tend to sound pretty pooz as well. Though oddly the Audi Bose setups actually go OK. Weird - many different grades of product with the same badge, I guess.

I'm biding my time to buy myself some DLS Nobeliums. Neo motor so should fit in the doors OK. <3 me some european silk dome tweeter goodness.

Thats what i might have to to eventually actually, pity they are so expensive. Do you know what else would be of comparable quality to type Xs, but with a less massive magnet? wonder if focal so something.

• Admin
 AdamOst']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

Thats what i might have to to eventually actually, pity they are so expensive. Do you know what else would be of comparable quality to type Xs, but with a less massive magnet? wonder if focal so something.

The only way to get a small motor on a high-end speaker is to go Neo. And Neo = expeeeeeensive. But also lightweight and powerful... so makes sense for the doors of a go-quickly Subaru.

ODB said:

I has a toddler who makes me play the wiggles so dont give a s*** what speakers I have.

But fyi its the factory GTB setup with some alpine head unit.

NZ new ?

Back in the day Alpine NZ actually put a bit of effort into the stuff they fitted to NZ new cars.

My STI v6 had a decent Alpine head unit which produced a convincing soundstage with the stock Jap speakers.

Likewise my old NZ new Prelude had decent stock sound.

That reminds me Mike.. Next time QYKCHK is out and about i would like you to have a wee listen to her system and see what you think...

Something just feels missing or off.. ( maybe the tune settings)

Infinity components in front

Infinity rear fill

2x RF punch 12" subs driven by matched RF 2 channel amp