• Raised $0.00

Today I Learned thread

Marky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boon said:

I learned that a venting gate on a V8 STI sounds like poos.

at the risk of flaming..i not liky the twin scroll noise...hmm but even worse is the evo noise...and even more horse is the honda prelude living down the road with a big cannon....

over that i prefer the v8 sti noise.... lol

nothing like a good old suby rumble!!

Marky']

[quote name='boon said:

I learned that a venting gate on ab]nything[/b] sounds like poos.

Fixed

Mainly because people run 8psi springs in them and it takes them a long time to drive past your house with a lot of noise. I had one on the wrx off collector when I got it but with ebc at 14.5psi you hardly ever hear it only at full shit which is liveable and sometimes what you need to wake up the slow poke youre passing.

evowrx']

[quote name='boon said:

Fixed

Mainly because people run 8psi springs in them and it takes them a long time to drive past your house with a lot of noise. I had one on the wrx off collector when I got it but with ebc at 14.5psi you hardly ever hear it only at full s*** which is liveable and sometimes what you need to wake up the slow poke youre passing.

venting gates are not livable / acceptable / pleasant / useful or provide any benefits to a car or offended unwilling participants.

end.

funkytown']

[quote name='boon said:

Fixed

Mainly because people run 8psi springs in them and it takes them a long time to drive past your house with a lot of noise. I had one on the wrx off collector when I got it but with ebc at 14.5psi you hardly ever hear it only at full s*** which is liveable and sometimes what you need to wake up the slow poke youre passing.

venting gates are not livable / acceptable / pleasant / useful or provide any benefits to a car or offended unwilling participants.

end. beginning

Swindog']

[quote name='subieboy said:

Today I learnt that some people are just complete f*ckt@rds...

On Thursday (day before long weekend in Canterbury) dipstick shows up at 6pm demanding we check his Nitro pressure. I mentioned to him that:

a) it is 30 minutes AFTER we closed

b) I still have 4 customers waiting

c) he is welcome to wait so we can work him in between the jobs

F8ckt@rds abuses me infront of other clients going on and on about how he is going to Dunedin and we are duty bound to do the pressure checks on his car since he paid for it (remember its is 6pm and we closed at 5:30pm)

Me to f*ckt@rd, : yes sure we are supposed to look after you, however since it is now 6pm we are now closed it would be nice if he could be polite and wait his turn after the other customers, alternatively he could come back on Sat...

F*ckt@rd: abuses me and other waiting customers on forecourt and storms off...

Other customers: bit shocked and comments on f*ckt@rd being a f*ckt@rd...

Said f*ckt@rd then complains to our support office and result is I have to fill in a s*** load of paperwork to explain why he complained - I wrote 1 sentence: We closed at 5:30pm client showed up at 6Pm and abused staff and other customers, as it was after our store hours we offered to look after him at our next day of business...

A BIIIG F*CK YOU to him

/quote]

All that Army medic training coming in handy then i see lol

Yep, not very useful nowadays really... ::) I have 6 boys and a tyre store now so all good, at least something is uesfull when they try and con you with Dr\'s Certs...

Should have waited for the next basic and enlisted as a Chippy like I had planned (oh well still got to see awesome sights...)

D-Style said:

In 1995 it was right at the start of the Ski Season. 2 seasons in a row. Think the SKi feild got a small bail out from the Goverment.

I remember havnt to wash the Ash off everything couple times a day.

Yup I got some awesome photos as I was sitting in the carpark waiting for customers when it went :) was funny to watch everyone panicing to get down and of the MT and here I am taking pictures, even funnier when all my customers where in the van all buckled up ready to go and i am still taking pictures :) damn it people I was taking pictures

We are borg']

[quote name='D-Style said:

In 1995 it was right at the start of the Ski Season. 2 seasons in a row. Think the SKi feild got a small bail out from the Goverment.

/quote]

Yup I got some awesome photos as I was sitting in the carpark waiting for customers when it went :) was funny to watch everyone panicing to get down and of the MT and here I am taking pictures, even funnier when all my customers where in the van all buckled up ready to go and i am still taking pictures :) damn it people I was taking pictures

The following year when it blew up again, we were heading up the Tukino road on a school trip. We all wanted to stay, teachers wanted to high tail out.

Today I learned that the main reason I got my current job is due to the National Governments technology grants to exporting businesses. Without their grants, our company probably wouldn\'t have taken on so many extra design staff and built our new environmental testing chamber. Thanks to Steven Joyce for that!

We are borg']

/quote]

Hahahahahahahhaha awesome

Not just learnt today but proof that supports what I knew -

Gates wrote an article that was published in a Hot Rod magazine about how Subarus, due to their design require extra consideration and care taken with their timing belts and tensioner as any friction due to an incorrect fitment causes heat transfer and premature failure to big end bearings.

They supply a tool with their belt kit which sets the tensioner gap correctly, also noting the torque settings

Surprise surprise huh. I guess it comes down to whether you trust your mechanic :P

reaperblitz said:

Not just learnt today but proof that supports what I knew -

Gates wrote an article that was published in a Hot Rod magazine about how Subarus, due to their design require extra consideration and care taken with their timing belts and tensioner as any friction due to an incorrect fitment causes heat transfer and premature failure to big end bearings.

They supply a tool with their belt kit which sets the tensioner gap correctly, also noting the torque settings

Surprise surprise huh. I guess it comes down to whether you trust your mechanic :P

Was in motor equip when it was released. Stoffa had that problem with his tomei one shouldnt be too hard to find the pic of his cambelt.

MercuryFree']

That the project I work on has had a cost blow out of $5 Billion. Might be no Xmas bonus this year haha.

/quote]

One day projects will deliver on time and on budget.

One day.

Can you please tell that to novopay?