Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I recently purchased my 2nd SVX from a friend and I'm very very happy with the car so far! Alcantara trim, Sunroof, Fully spec'd and loud.

However now starts the modification stage! I've put some effort into research so far and I've not come up with any simple way of lowering it without drilling new holes for suspension, which I don't know if it will be cert-able or not. Does anyone in NZ have some decent experience with SVX and modifications to them because I've found there are always some differences between them and the overseas versions.

Is there any directly interchangeable suspension from maybe even another brand of cars?

If not does anyone know a  good place to take the car to get the drilling or whatever done so It can be lowered legally, I mean after all I'm not after the "sacked on 20" Chromies bro" outlook on this car, I want it to last me a very long time.  

they have the same stud pattern as the V9 onward STi (Not sure about the strut width though_ so if you get the top hat measurements/ check design of the struts that could be done.
Or even get bilstein inserts and shortened struts

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

That depends entirely how you drive it.

The SVX comes equip with the diverse; Luxury Sports mode, Featuring Sports Cruise! Laugh as you Cruise past less Sporty cars that only feature the classic "Cruise" feature - which studies show is 100% less Sporty

Lesser vehicle owners will cry as their sports mode button doesn't activate ANY form of Luxury, let alone Luxury, at the exact same time as Sports! :P:P:P

Straight out of the imaginary SVX Catalogge 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, newsuba said:

if you want it to last, stay stock.

it's a luxury cruiser not a sportscar.

;)

When I say I want it to last AND that I want to lower it, I mean I want to lower it a little to where it doesn't look like a mix between a Lamborghini and a ford ranger.

Just enough to where the wheel gap and ride height are enough to escape my driveway without grounding my sump to a stump.original.jpg

• Like 3

other than fitting spring from a different subaru you will be buggered, ( you think suspension mods on an SVX are difficult you should try Brumby/Leone) 

The only downside to using springs from a legacy/impreza are these cars are no where near as heavy especially on the front end so the springs could easily end up having the wrong spring rate for the SVX and ruin its ride/handling, it may take a bit of investigation and trial and error. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Marky said:

They have a normal coil over strut setup right?

Chamberlains springs in chch will make whatever to suit

Simple

Literally if you give them a size and shape and spring rate they will make it

Yes I quoted me 

• Like 3

Marky is right. i used to work with them alot. Call Thomas down there he just started but he has worked for george stock for 2 years so he knows his stuff, he likes mx5s and landrovers but meh a cars a car.

Also Darren is right about spring rates and such it will ruin your handling and feel. I used to work in the suspension game for 5 years and ive seen it all to lower a car and how much stress it puts on other things that you dont think about. just to have a nicer looking car can make everything else worse. My say is invest in tyres and swaybars.... but then no one makes swaybars for a svx.... well bellum and east mite but you would have to give it to them and ask for a bigger one

• Like 2