BMCracer

Anyone running 225/45r18 tyres on a Gen4 Legacy? Pros / cons?

Posted (edited)

Tossing up whether to put 225's on next time, to fill the guards out a bit better ( because of the extra sidewall height ). Any negatives to running 225's? The speedo will be out 1.6% ( will read slower than you are going, but considering it shows about 5kph faster than you're actually going with the right size 215 tyre it will reduce the error ).

Edited by BMCracer

Posted (edited)

will be fine. 1.6 % is nothing. no real downside... a bit heavier... a bit more grip possibly.

Edited by Loren

Probably not a major. Getting pretty tall compared to all other wheel options for the chassis. The spec b size (215/45/18) already had to have a bump stop/bush/whatever in the steering rack from factory apparently as with the normal full lock it could rub 

• Thanks 1

Just checked mine, it’s got 225/40/18 on the OEM 18s and I haven’t had any issues on anything

• Thanks 1

I also run 225/45/18s on my Gen III legacy. Looks good. I've got slight guard rub because of the 18x9 Rota Grids but eh.

• Thanks 1