Joker

End of the line for the Subaru Legacy : 2021

FAREWELL TO THE ICONIC SUBARU LEGACY

We are preparing to say a fond farewell to the legendary Legacy, which will no longer be part of the Subaru line-up from 2021. This iconic model has been a key part of Subaru's history, especially here in New Zealand.

Let's give the Legacy the send off it deserves! What are your favourite memories of the much-loved Legacy? Share them with us below and read the full article here.

https://www.subaru.co.nz/media/news/new-zealand-farewells-iconic-subaru-legacy

Pretty bloody sad TBH! Such an iconic Subaru, and being culled after 32 years :(
Although I've heard the outback is likely to stay, so at least that's some of it continuing on, kind of...

• Like 1

Possum and Colin McRae sticking it to the world in the BC RS, I was hooked from there, had never heard anything like it, Possum represented for NZ, Colin, well, nuff said

GT Legacy wagons, best touring/roadtrip vehicles ever, fill em up with kids, hounds, bikes, luggage, rubbish and take it anywhere, the went hard and looked great

RIP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, romeyromes said:

Will we continue to import from Japan though?

You could assume so, plus most of us aren't in the new Subaru buying market so by the time they're in a price bracket most NZ’ers go for they’ll be here as grey imports anyway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, romeyromes said:

Will we continue to import from Japan though?

Nope. Only Outbacks left there, same as here.

All 7th gen Legacy are left-hand drive and made in US.

Some inspiration for the guys in "Lowered Outbacks" thread? :)

Edited by den-t
  • Like 2

Pretty crazy for Japan to be canning it too. They have got rather bloated in the last few generations though. I'm sure the WRX/Levorg’s are about the same size as 3rd gen Legacy’s, maybe even 4ths...

• Like 1

I suspected this from the 2007/8 when the announced the Impreza wagon was the same length as the original legacy. 
only America is going bigger cars, everywhere else is smaller and lighter.

car parks haven’t got larger and most are smaller since software automatically generates the car parks for a given area to maximise the number at shopping centres.

makes the legacy a classic sooner. 

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 2

I still miss the 89-93 2.2L turbo with the ride height button that never worked on any of them.

• Like 2