WRXTAC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fastfour
 smokn4']

[quote name='WRXTAC said:

yea i see that this is the way to go... but out of interest, what kind of afm and injectors do v2 sti's run?

/quote]

i think they run a green sticker with they greys on the V2,

but nevamind what everyone else rekns bro you shud jus do it, i have makes the cars run a sh!t load faster and theres nothing better than pulling up next to a 'GENUINE STi'

in your rex then wiping your ar$e with his face when you leave them at the lights

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

they look like this >>> :-[ :- :-[

u]( could also be drivers error but ill just assume my wrx is faster than a sti)[/u]

i do it in my V1 WRX alot :P :P :P :P

WRX = FTW ;)

Racing at the lights. (read big time winner)

Don't miss the point i was making people: i'm NOT baggin doing mods to a WRX, or saying whether a modded wrx is better than an STI...

I'm pointing out that the guy in question says he doesn't have a lot of spare coin...

It's all well and good telling him to fit this TURBO and that LINK ECU and you'll p1ss all over STI's, but the main point is, he doesn't have the cash to do this.

I'm saying, don't advise him to pour money into a wrx to get a half arsed STI for more money than a genuine 1 would cost...

Just put some money away for when the motor blows up.

Taking an engine that was designed for 120 odd kw 20 years ago and trying to squeeze 30 or 40 more out of it is a recipe for disaster. A nice way of making an already poor student poorer........bring on course related costs claim ;D

The v1/2 sti didn't even make that much power. It's not until the v3 that you get the 200+kw. Sell that car and buy a version 3 at least. That's when things started getting better.

awww let him play if he wants to.. lol..as a student i also wanted to make my 1990 auto GT wagon as guick as a wrx lol.. and the name of the game was to do all the "cheap" mods to get there rather than save up to buy a wrx..

anyway, chuck in a turbo and ecu dude and have fun while u can.. hopefully u not too hard on the car and it should last ok for a longer while (hopefully till then u can get u some more tasty bits like a proper sti) but till then at least u will have a good toy to play with...

maybe an exhaust and a better intercooler be a good idea + a better fuel pump if u can.. hmm and some good breaks wont go astray..+ a strut bar to handle and look the part lol

maybe u can beat the sti or cant but m sure the whole mod game will give u much pleasure rather than just winning the all important traffic lite race (dont do that - take it to a track if u want man)

WRXTAC said:

Sounds like a pretty worthwhile mod for the money... i might have to do that (td05/ecu) It would keep me entertained until i have the money to upgrade to a proper sti.. its a hard decision lol

it is a worthwhile mod, i dont care what anyone else says lol, i have had my wrx for 3 years now, was on the sti gear for at least a year of that but i have always run 15psi since day one, never had any engine issues at all dont know what some of these guys are on about, still on my wrx's original engine.

just to give you an idea, my wrx with the td05 and sti-ra ecu was producing 167kw (dynoed) at the wheels on 15psi (perfectly safe). id say thats a pretty decent increase. and only other mods at the time was exhaust.

next thing someone will be telling me to sell my wrx and buy an sti ::)

driftrex']

Sounds like a pretty worthwhile mod for the money... i might have to do that (td05/ecu) It would keep me entertained until i have the money to upgrade to a proper sti.. its a hard decision lol

/quote]

it is a worthwhile mod, i dont care what anyone else says lol, i have had my wrx for 3 years now, was on the sti gear for at least a year of that but i have always run 15psi since day one, never had any engine issues at all dont know what some of these guys are on about, still on my wrx's original engine.

just to give you an idea, my wrx with the td05 and sti-ra ecu was producing 167kw (dynoed) at the wheels on 15psi (perfectly safe). id say thats a pretty decent increase. and only other mods at the time was exhaust.

You should so buy an STI... :D

DPI']

/quote]

You should so buy an STI... :D

lol na its just a badge to me, i'd just pull it to bits anyway.

The only problem with modding a wrx is if you get too greedy with how much power you want.

Then cast pistons, higher comp and higher boost don't work so well.

Qwerty said:

The only problem with modding a wrx is if you get too greedy with how much power you want.

Then cast pistons, higher comp and higher boost don't work so well.

and the learning begins, nothing like making the mistake and taking on the education from there. Everyone has to start somewhere no matter what they're told.

Right now he only wants a "little bit more".. the bug'll get him for sure ;)

Best of luck trent ;D

Treecrusher']

[quote name='driftrex said:

lol na its just a badge to me, i'd just pull it to bits anyway.

/quote]

Sounds like there may be an underlying inferiority complex there. Have you considered seeking help? :D

lol dont get me wrong i like sti's but im so far down the modding path now its not worth me changing to an sti. i'd just want to start it all over again :P

DPI said:

But, think about it this way...buy the STI, swap the mods onto that and your even further ahead in the HP stakes... :D

it would make more sense to me to spend some cash forging my current engine and end up with something much stronger than a standard sti, even if i bought an sti, that may very well need an engine rebuild at some point anyway.

with me been in the trade it would cost me less to fully build an engine than it would to 'upgrade' to a genuine sti.

but hey thats just me.

driftrex']

[quote name='DPI said:

But, think about it this way...buy the STI, swap the mods onto that and your even further ahead in the HP stakes... :D

/quote]

it would make more sense to me to spend some cash forging my current engine and end up with something much stronger than a standard sti, even if i bought an sti, that may very well need an engine rebuild at some point anyway.

with me been in the trade it would cost me less to fully build an engine than it would to 'upgrade' to a genuine sti.

but hey thats just me.

Yea but forging your current motor isn't going to help that physiological disorder like a good STi could ;)