Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

zarnah']

[quote name='QRAF said:

i was going to paint mine black but not anymore i've seen three in the last week. ::)

/quote]

Ive seen about 1 million red ones and 1 million polished ones and about 2 million plain alloy ones, so blacks still the minority.......... ;D

my bg5 manifold is black from factory.

Drunkenmonkey said:

pulled motor fitted baffled sump vf30 sti engine mounts and new clutch, had that dont by 12 so proceeded to do alloy arms and k brace while waiting for sealant to dry on the sump.

lol straight on CS as soon as u get home ay :D will probably see you tomorrow if i havnt got a busy day with the mrs and family.

Figured out that the clearance on my old block is perfect for dropping in the Mahles I bought a while ago. Yay for not having to get it bored as well as honed so also don't need to use my spare block. Now I need to get some rods and figure out if the oil squirters can stay or not.

Koom']

[quote name='funkytown said:

Gazzy - brutal buddy, thats a sad BG..

went to change the up pipe gasket last night to find its totally gone.. nudda left :S

removed three bolt(s) flange, undid headers off heads and removed to find the flange is EPICLY warped :@!! fffffffff!

no way i can put a gasket back in there as its munted. Back to the drawing board to get a new one made i guess in something thicker.

/quote]

Best solution is to not use gaskets.... take headers & up-pipe off and get both surfaces faced so they are perfectly flat then you shouldnt have any issues. Thats how I run my header to up-pipe join...

Do that plus get a groove machined in one side for a fire ring.

how do you mean? I'm all ears

Possibly called an exhaust "crush ring"

Crush%20Ring%20-%20Exhaust%20Parts.JPG

When I've had to pick them up I have just walked into Edge Performance down here (Speedway Shop) and asked for the right diameter of one of "those" and pointed to the ring things on the wall behind the counter.

Same principle as o-ring's for headgasket issues. Just takes a groove that's about 3/4 the depth of the ring so it gets crushed when you tighten up the flanges.

Toyota do something similiar if u after cheap versions of that :) all of the 1KZTE engines have them at the turbo to exhaust join

can do part number if u need :)

attached the bonnet of the civic with some highlighter green paint. turns out its not very thick so was very odd to use, so will have to mash green it :D

5253317346_fc09e65db3_z.jpg

-smurff

petrolheadjman said:

^ nice EG man,

eg6? what engine you got?

cheers man, is running a H22a with the 5speed and LSD. goes pretty good. just need to change a few front sus bushes to pass an updated cert.

its already gone for the motor and everything other than the new suspension. so should be all done by end of this week :D

-smurff

I kept the seats and carpet from the BG that i dumped at the scrap yard the other day. Turns out they are later model GT-B seats. I cleaned them all up with sugar soap + baby shampoo then water blasted them, they came up mint and smelling great!

@funky - the BGs death was not in vain, also kept the front two pots calipers + rotors, + I sold the springs, kept bonet, doors and guards

selp2sdf.jpg

xubpucaa.jpg

zm0gx2lw.jpg

2xwz2rvp.jpg

• General Member

Not my car but my doing :P

:

found if you have the motor out and need to wind windows up you connect the positive lead to the positive on the alternator... works a treat BUT have a catch can handy for all the fuel that pisses out when the pump primes!