Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

;D I WASHED MINE AND CLEANED MY DOOR CARDS, THANKS TO THE LONELY BOTTLE OF KITTEN INTERIOR CLEANER IN THE SHED.. ;) 5 COATS N THE ATERIAL LOOKS BRAAND NEW!..

THEN WENT OUT AND PUT TYRE SHINE ON AND GOT SOME NAAASTY ASS SUNBURN!..

WENT ON EBAY AND CHECKED OUT THE VERSION8 ENGINE AND WORKED OUT IM NOT GOING TO UPGRADE TO THAT BECAUSE THE STUD PATTERS ARE DIFFERENT..

VERSION 5 I THINK!

Timmah']

[quote name='Koom said:

Moved it.

First time in two years that it has turned a wheel. Washed the layer of factory dust off it and parked it next to the owner of RDL's new coupe chassis. The race to see who's car runs first has begun ;D

/quote]

FUUUU I was always wanting to see what the coupe was going to be like. But damn it took way too long at the painters.

EDIT: Oh yeah congrats on finally moving yours too :P

The blue on the coupe looks like it's still liquid!

427173_245633232180949_123370121073928_5

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RDL-Performance/123370121073928

Well it kept u in chch Koomsy, good to see it painted.....Damn I knew I shouldn't of bought a 50" + xbox haha should've put it into my car to see who can get theirs finished first :P and so far looks like im now at the back of the pack.

Koom']

[quote name='Koom said:

Moved it.

First time in two years that it has turned a wheel. Washed the layer of factory dust off it and parked it next to the owner of RDL's new coupe chassis. The race to see who's car runs first has begun ;D

/quote]

FUUUU I was always wanting to see what the coupe was going to be like. But damn it took way too long at the painters.

EDIT: Oh yeah congrats on finally moving yours too :P

The blue on the coupe looks like it's still liquid!

427173_245633232180949_123370121073928_5

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RDL-Performance/123370121073928

YUM! that is pure sex!

Koom']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

ooooh where did that kit come from? looks like a proper WRC one with the bigger wheel arches, same as the gobstopper

/quote]

Exactly. Came from WRC spares for many £££

All four corners have been tubbed to suit ;D

Daaaaayyyymmmmnnnnn

grego0o']

[quote name='sl8r said:

Car is almost back together.... Dyno on Tuesday.

Looks average Greg :P

/quote]

Lol better then someones hack job I've seen ;D

Better keep the wip on Paul, that's gonna be tight!

Ew Touché

Yeah should we take bets on it

Put a set of 8" wide rims on mine, nicely fill out the guards. Wrapped the headers. Cut my hands in the process but managed to not have the fibreglass itch afterwards, so stoked with that.

Pulled the dashboard out, removed the A/C heat exchanger, unwrapped a bunch of the loom as it's being removed, scratched my head for a while then went home for a beer. Have alot of wiring ahead of me tomorrow ;D

Nothing to the Subaru, but for the Holden i did an oil change, replaced all spark plugs, new air filter and topped up all fluids.

Now i am planning out the wiring for the Subaru... It will be a slow process since i have no idea what i am doing so everything requires a bit of research

its pretty easy once you get your head around it, work out whats 12 volt (coils, boost solenoid etc), and whats 5v volt (TPS, MAP etc), the ecu just switches the earth to complete the circuit. Cam and Crank sensors have their own +/- on the ecu. All the 5v sensors have their own ground on the ecu

Once you follow the diagram for your car it makes pretty good sense

I could do my own, but still gonna pay my auto sparky to do a tidy job, I worked out all the pinouts and new sensors for him though

Stoffa said:

its pretty easy once you get your head around it, work out whats 12 volt (coils, boost solenoid etc), and whats 5v volt (TPS, MAP etc), the ecu just switches the earth to complete the circuit. Cam and Crank sensors have their own +/- on the ecu. All the 5v sensors have their own ground on the ecu

Once you follow the diagram for your car it makes pretty good sense

I could do my own, but still gonna pay my auto sparky to do a tidy job, I worked out all the pinouts and new sensors for him though

Yeah I've done the pinout for it and completely re-wired the manifold I'm going to use. I'm up to sorting out how to do the next set (Fuses & Relays) as I'm future proofing it as much as possible. Normally you will only need 3-4 relays and i have 6 at the moment.

I put this lot back together today so another big step towards making brumm brumm noises:

DSCF7898.jpg

Then couldn't put the flywheel on as the guys had all the tools off at the National Hillclimb Championship Qualifier so I packed a sad until I found out my brakes fit under my old school Sekta's.

(Just incase anyone is wondering, the colour is now to be known as Battleship Grey. Think of it as a satin primer grey :P)

DSCF7900.jpg

DSCF7888.jpg

Johnnynz said:

Any spacers for those Brembos to fit?

Nope, no spacers at all. I was pleasantly surprised! Need to get the wheels re-balanced as it has some thick weights in behind the spokes which hit the calipers. Hopefully they'll be able to be shifted to the inside of the rim.