Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

ballsrburning']

Hey guys, I dont really know very many people on here but here is a few pics of my car at the recent Supershow, 99% complete now & almost ready to turn the key

xsciv1-2012-3.jpg

Have to ask, where is the alternator and the power steering resevoir etc and the associated wiring loom?

[quote name='XSCIV1 said:

Thanks guys I built the car pretty much myself & all been done DIY in my shed Paint etc but Ronnie Lim from RSL made me the headers up & piping to how I wanted, my old turbo is for sale btw so send me a pm if you did want it

Yeah cam angle sensor etc everything is all there, I just took the loom apart & pretty much built a new loom up & its all been covered in braided wiring sleeving in black so its very hard to see it there unless you really look.

b]Mounted the alternator underneath the engine because with these headers it makes HEAPS of room at the front of the engine[/b]I ran with the original engine because as most people always say it was never meant to spiral out of control like this so stuck with the original RA closed deck block etc

XSCIV1 said:

Hey guys, I dont really know very many people on here but here is a few pics of my car at the recent Supershow, 99% complete now & almost ready to turn the key

Xsciv1-2012.jpg

More of a trailor queen than Reuben haha, how do you check your oil?

You may want to look at running a catch can off the head breathers otherwise you\'ll have oil vapour messing up your shiney bits

Thanks for the feedback - It is a bit of a trailer queen to be fair but it will be a 100% driveable car in the near future.

The alternator has been relocated to underneath the engine & the power steering has been taken out completely because with the vehicle being this light power steering is almost not necessary.

The breather filters are just there to serve the purpose of a tidy set up, I have a 1.5L catch can with -8 lines which can be mounted for track/street use

Alot of hours/time & research have gone into building this car & it isnt about to stop there but please feel free to advise me with anything you experienced subaru people out there.

Plenty more builds are underway aswell so keep checking the FB page.

Ricci

got back from my exam and decided i couldnt be bothered studying for my exam tomorrow so i decided to give the RS a bit of loving haha hadnt touched her in over a week lol

managed to flip the alternator over so now its all ready for the cut and welded intake manifold that i should hopefully get back from the steel surgeon tomorrow

img0167zr.jpg

img0164xr.jpg

img0163cx.jpg

oh yea and i bought this last week :D the one on the left ;)

img0159zf.jpg

evowrx said:

Whats the new turbo? Looks stock fitment.

i bought it off xscv1 on here. its a td06 20G compressor with a td05 exhaust housing. he said it flows a lot better than the kinugawa turbos. will soon find out

JoKer said:

got motor ready to lift

where do you guys bolt/anchor chain at the back?

alt bracket has perfect hole at the front

there is another bracket at the back i used. not sure if its the right one LOL its bolted close to where the bracket to the up pipe is bolted to.

EDIT : just read that and had a WTF face on LOL. its a sort of ring bracket. i wouldve taken a pic if it wasnt dark already

aim said:

Mate that\'s a cool build! Can you post a shot from underneath the engine?

Here is a pic in relation to your question mate,

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/156460_500274126663182_2137526521_n.jpg

Woahhh dodgy engine removal there my bro! We usually use a big strop around the intake manifold & pull it straight forward to get it off a the gearbox studs then straight up.

Put a jack underneath the gearbox to lift the engine & box off the subframe mounts & your away. Btw nice alternator bracket/bearing & belt set up... haha it looks like I forgot to show you it needs a bush machined up for that bolt that tensions the alternator..I think I have it here too bro so I will try find it & let you know

Also it looks like you need my modified power steering pump bracket because when all fitted it up it should leave lots of room around the throttlebody like below :)

photo1.jpg