Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Oh believe me I get that side of it

More chances of me getting pinged on a roadside check are pretty slim - can\'t see me getting a green sticker for non operative foglights in a hurry. Struts - another story - hence the failwof to get cert

More a query of (for arguments sake) if I got my plate queried by the cops, would it come up with now "failed wof" despite still having a month to go on the prior one

LTSA site says

"If your vehicle fails its Warrant of Fitness inspection and your old Warrant of Fitness has expired, you are not allowed to drive it on the road (unless it is being operated solely for the purpose of bringing it into compliance and obtaining a new WoF, and provided the vehicle is safe to be operated for that purpose)."

I\'m 100% aware that non wof standard means exactly that, I\'m the first to jump in and say "sucks to be you" if someone falls foul of it

• General Member

disagree, if you go to another station for a WOF a flag will appear, its this thing called the internets, perhaps you have heard of it, it links computers up across the worlds and stuff, unsure on timescale on the other hand could be as good as Novo-pay

oh "your in the system now" : cops will be scouring the neighborhood for bad boyracers like you

If you fail a WOF it is put into the system as a FAIL and the reason,

So in marky\'s case although he had a current WOF the new failwof is now what is in the system,

the police will know it has failed a WOF when doing their plate checks, but not as to why it failed.

• General Member

*cough* DNA : Borg is a WOF guy :P so we listen to him around here *cough*

DEMO I broke your cover sorry, karma for scrapping that BW45, just waiting on a quote from Lincon Auto\'s in PN to rebuild mine now :/

Innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting, thought I was doing myself a favour by going early. I get the logic behind it, just didn\'t know if it got flagged as "no wof" until it got past the expiry date or not.

Spose the only way to avoid it is to go in and say "can I have a WOF.... just.... call it a prepurchase inspection?"

(damnit, that would have made more sense too)

Oh well, should be passed by the weekend anyway.

Wife can drive everywhere till then hahaha

• General Member
 Marky said:

Innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting, thought I was doing myself a favour by going early.

regardless as mentioned the day after if your tire tread goes under or as you have done swap for adjusties : void and NULL and in the event of an Incident even if your in the RIGHTyou may find insurance companies chasing you for a big bill

Dude - I know, I\'m not arguing that, my query was "does this negate/void my current WOF in the system" - I\'m well aware the wof is only basically valid until you drive out of the warrant place

You can\'t get a cert without first failing a WOF for whatever modification / can\'t do that without driving the car to WOF place in that state / no way around that without trailering it around

I know it was a risk and a gamble driving it un-certed until now - at least I was going to the effort of trying to make it legal, not just going FTP and swapping stuff over for warrants like half the muppets around

• General Member

all goods : I have already forgotten what my point was in the first place : new page new issues :P

minor wee LOL at cert guy only checking what you fail on : my impression was they do it themselves

[i have never even got close to any mods that require cert so I learnt something today]

Not me but the wife crashed into another car today, both drivers are ok and aside from our rear bumper being closer to the rear of the car than before, both are fixable, gutted though as now won\'t be a me to go to manfeild next month like planed.

Marky said:

Dude - I know, I\'m not arguing that, my query was "does this negate/void my current WOF in the system" - I\'m well aware the wof is only basically valid until you drive out of the warrant place

You can\'t get a cert without first failing a WOF for whatever modification / can\'t do that without driving the car to WOF place in that state / no way around that without trailering it around

I know it was a risk and a gamble driving it un-certed until now - at least I was going to the effort of trying to make it legal, not just going FTP and swapping stuff over for warrants like half the muppets around

You still legally have a wof until it expires on the date on your windscreen, however in the eyes of an insurance broker your car must stay at that level so anything not upto standard means that in their eyes you don\'t have one as it makes you a risk to crash ect and means a higher chance of an accident.

However you are not moving and you are hit they will pay you out as the integrity of the car dose not come into the question

LinkemSuby said:

oh and i went to vtnz with my highly modded green stickered legacy and they told me "get your cert 1st to save money, there\'s no way you will have it upto standard in 28 days so save some money and bugger off" not those words exact but its what they meant :P

PM me how you go with the cert for chopping under the lights.