Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Fitted new turbo timer cos the old one had a shagged power button and am in the middle of switching to silicone inter cooler hoses and fitting a carbon strut brace but need to go get a larger hose clamp for the secondary and am having clearance issues with my bonnet... Oh well...

Fitted my HMALK

Initial impressions are that indeed I cannot lift

More relevant to the car it sort of feels "different" (there\'s like a windy 80k back road by my place which could double as a targa stage) in a good way, less nervous with power on out of a bend?

DSC_0060_zpsad02853a.jpg

10 min job to put in at least - raise wheel off ground, unbolt mount, slip in spacer, bolt up mount, and walk awaaay

Oh yeah I actually put the bolt THROUGH the spacer... that pic was just to show how much bolt was "left over" if that makes any sense

Which is kinda pointless cause you can\'t see the rest of the bolt so... yeah anyway

Its a term I invented 3 posts prior

HomeMade Anti Lift Kit

(The normal whiteline anti lift kit is basically just a new mount for the lower.. arm.. thing which moves the pivot point down about 15mm - same as a forester bush is - backyard logic says why not just space the mount yourself it achieves the same result - I\'m not the first to do it)

nickmcgill said:

This is a legal change that can be made ?

Tim initially just told me I should get some "HMALK\'s" in which I googled to find out what they were and came up empty.

I linked you to this thread as well and then quoted Marky when you couldn\'t find HMALK.

94 Leone said:

It\'s not illegal.

And being that it\'s similar in setup to the foresters; and many people have used it: it\'s still safe. so no issues.

Listen to this guy hes a wof inspector ^^.

I checked with the cert guy and from the sounds of it it will be written on cert and shouldnt technically pass a warrant. If you ran foz bushes they wouldnt know as its "pretty much" a stock bolt on part whereas the spacers are obviously not and are noticeable. #markyssamebutdiffunnypic

Ive got a how to thread on it with pics.

Yeah I\'m picking it\'ll be a maybe pass maybe not for wof - if not it\'s literally 5 min to remove it, easier bet would the fozzy bushes but since the car came with solid ish mounts wanted to reuse them

Now that it\'s mentioned it prob is a wof thing - alteration to a pickup point... Sort of?

If nothing else it\'s a quick way to see if I\'d notice any benefit from a "proper" kit I spose

Real deals a big outlay. Yip you got urethane in yours havent you? Did you go for 10mm or thicker?

As far as wof goes youre not really meant to fuck with suspension but like many things I cant imagine you getting nailed for it.

My rear end feels alive since I got an alignment like the arse follows the front round the corner 4WS style instead of turning normally where the front tows the rear around the corner. Thats too much toe isnt it?

I had an allignment done on my car like that too, I hated it. felt like the ass end was swinging around in the corners. the guy reckoned it would help reduce wear on the tires. Went to another place for an allignment in another town and got it changed back. Car felt way more settled.

TypeR rated said:

I had an allignment done on my car like that too, I hated it. felt like the ass end was swinging around in the corners. the guy reckoned it would help reduce wear on the tires. Went to another place for an allignment in another town and got it changed back. Car felt way more settled.

What was the verdict to much toe? Since my last alignment and toe was tweaked it feels like it has 4WS I hate it. Just pulled my swaybar back a notch to see if it helps. Also whats the new car?

Today it was time to change spark plugs and while I had the air box out I did the old snorkelectomy oh and I re-routed my window washer lines through the bonnet cos I think they were getting a bit mashed by the strut brace. Next weekends jobs will be to change the coolant and bleed the system and make up some brackets for the front brake lines. utypa5e6.jpg

Sti: Yesterday I wound the adjusties right down and put a bov on for the first time apart from the day I went to the drags, a racepro one this time it sounds real good! Put my lip back on. And it hasn\'t had an axleback for a week now. Sounds like gate :P

C33: finished off the stereo install. Bury handsfree kit streaming music through a blaupunkt 425W amp to kicker 6x9\'s in the front doors. Yet to do some rear speakers. Nice to listen to music though no more silent trips haha.

Johnnynz said:

Put my new radiator in along with the Coolant piping kit I got off Hijacka then went for a decent drive.

I love that feeling of how fast your car is when you haven\'t driven it in a long time.

Haha I know what you mean maybe il let you take mine for a drive lol

Johnnynz said:

Put my new radiator in along with the Coolant piping kit I got off Hijacka then went for a decent drive.

I love that feeling of how fast your car is when you haven\'t driven it in a long time.

Agree, Looking foward to this myself it\'s been 20 months now