Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

nickch']

[quote name='Rosssub said:

Ouch, were they new Bushes? Always a Right and a Left...Still useable, just push it back in.

/quote]

Yeah.. its the Anti Lift Kit

7xY4o1x.jpg

Managed to push it back it, but the tube didn\'t actually fit on the control arm rod =(

Need to sort out returns and rinse and repeat.

Not looking forward to taking off and putting on the U brace again. =(

Breaking the 19mm and 22mm bolts were interesting too.

The Bushes Tube and the A-Arm Shaft, are both Tapered. 3-4ft Breaker Bars the one. ;D

Are you lowering the Car to Normal Ride Height before tightening the Anti-Lift Bushes? Otherwise they\'re Anti-sag, or can\'t do their job at all.

Rosssub said:

The Bushes Tube and the A-Arm Shaft, are both Tapered. 3-4ft Breaker Bars the one. ;D

Are you lowering the Car to Normal Ride Height before tightening the Anti-Lift Bushes? Otherwise they\'re Anti-sag, or can\'t do their job at all.

Yup, had breaker bar, pulled myself on the control arm, and used my leg to push to break them off.

Pretty moot now considering I cant get them installed. I have to put the original ones back one.

I was planning to tighten them a little bit, then go for an alignment and get the guys there to tighten to torque spec.

This week my 99 GTB had a new clutch fitted as the old one was slipping badly - also bought the car with parallel turbo set up so had that reverted back to normal twin turbo, gave the exhaust back a proper Subaru rumble.. and got more mid-range now :)

Was superlap at Taupo as part of the NZRDL series.

Destroyed two semi slicks, delaminated one slick and cracked a front brake rotor.

On a positive note the oil issues I\'ve been having are sorted.

And the MapDCCD controller is amazing!!

SRX01 said:

Installed some genuine HID headlights in my SRX… Had to do a bit of a study of the wiring schematic and subsequently do some crimping, but relatively straight-forward after some research!

photo1-4_zps3f17bd7c.jpg

maybe i shouldve asked here first before buying a conversion harness.. :\'(

did you get the levelling switch to work? got a diagram? ;D

I haven\'t connected the leveler at this stage, may just run it fixed. Need to source the switch! Not sure if the same wiring loom comes in all V7 Imprezas as fair as the leveler circuit already being there… I\'m leaning towards no :/.

Ah I don\'t have a schematic for how I did it, but can draw one up for you if you\'d like?

SRX01 said:

I haven\'t connected the leveler at this stage, may just run it fixed. Need to source the switch! Not sure if the same wiring loom comes in all V7 Imprezas as fair as the leveler circuit already being there… I\'m leaning towards no :/.

Ah I don\'t have a schematic for how I did it, but can draw one up for you if you\'d like?

u dont have to leave it connected to a source - it defaults to the lower position automatically

SRX01 said:

Yes can you draw me a rough one please. ;D

changed my front passengers side half shaft to find the supplier gave me the wrong one. took dads lil bomb out to the guy to get it swapped out the got it swapped put it back in and notice the gearbox oil filter is loose as, tighten it back up and take a hour to knock the pin back into the inner shaft! grrrrr only hurt 2 fingers and snapped a screw driver

!! pretty good if i say so myself ;D

AdamOst said:

Filled car up with tools, tyres, a mates twin speaker guitar amp and other bits I need to head off to taupo tomorrow for trackday on friday.

guitar amp is required for a trackday? or do you kumbaya after the trackday?

Rosssub said:

Somebodies got some Wiring to do... ;D

New_Version_5_STI_ECU_Red_J2_002.jpg

I started my ECU swap today, after reading lots of ECU codes... I\'ve only just clicked as to why my car had no speed cut. ::)

Hello Eifel Prova Chipped TT ECU:

ECU_Out_Eifel_Prova_001.jpg

ECU_out_011.jpg

For sale: One BE/BH Rev A/B/C Eifel Prova ECU. ;D

raspberry pi and keyboard showed up today... i know i have a composite video in on the back of my headunit, and it does composite out... may not even need a touch screen replacement headunit...

now to get a decent and rapid os onto it, romraider for logging goodness, a powered usb hub and some way to power the f**king thing in car... hahaha

Pedaling it rather than using an engine is gonna get tiring!

I finished off my exhaust today, bolted it back on then put the car back on the ground. Now I need to drain the three year old 98 octane (would be about 42 now....) out of it and change the oil. Then it\'s ready for tuning ;D