Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What argument do you put up when you get a "unreliable subaru "rant from people?

ben-jamminn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all those v1-v3 wrx's and sti's that the roof rusts out in. man i hate having to replace my roof.

oh wait, that's evo1-3

or even more annoying is how factory ej20 usually only lasts 100,000km before it needs a rebuild, and then how rebuilds die at any point in time thereafter.

oh wait, that's 13btt

or the most annoying thing of all is how slow they are, and that 120kw at the wheels is an achievement.

oh wait, that's anything with a honda badge

etc..etc.. all brands have their sore points. subaru is that there's lots of them so they're affordable and dickheaks buy them, stick a boost tap on it, and expect it to survive at 20 pounds of boost

Most of these peopl who make coments are the type that either have had a mates-cousin-dog-fathers-second aunty who had a subi that had some trouble with and base their whole ideal on the Subaru brand on this.

Or they are the type on person who complain that if they have to spent money other that petrol (and bet the still somplain about the cost of petrol) on any car they own.

sultan said:

all those v1-v3 wrx's and sti's that the roof rusts out in. man i hate having to replace my roof.

oh wait, that's evo1-3

or even more annoying is how factory ej20 usually only lasts 100,000km before it needs a rebuild, and then how rebuilds die at any point in time thereafter.

oh wait, that's 13btt

or the most annoying thing of all is how slow they are, and that 120kw at the wheels is an achievement.

oh wait, that's anything with a honda badge

etc..etc.. all brands have their sore points. subaru is that there's lots of them so they're affordable and dickheaks buy them, stick a boost tap on it, and expect it to survive at 20 pounds of boost

^^^ Love it!

I either say - Yep, it is a rolling hand grenade as it makes a lot of power out of a 2L engine but it's a lot of fun!

Other times I reply with - good servicing makes all the difference.

i say to any egg burger that asks..... its all about preventative maintenance, its the same for any car and/or machinery. i.e. do the cam belt before it breaks dopey

unfortunitly subarus are popular with young ballbags who.. dont service them, wind the boost up with out the accompanying mods, boost the sh1t out them when cold etc and generally have no idea or any respect.

If you are unlucky enough to buy one thats had a history like that.. what do you expect

So many truths in this thread.

And it's not just young douches that treat their Subarus badly...

We looked at a new car for Mum a few weeks back; 2000 bugeye WRX auto. Was slower than my car to get going until about 4000rpm, when it finally made spooling sounds. Didn't really boost, just made boosting SOUNDS.

Turns out the russki that owned it, was just babysitting it for his brother; brother was staying overseas and gave the thumbs-up to sell. So the guy's been driving it for the last few months. Doesn't know a damn thing about it, aside from 'I don't drive it like it's a sports car, so it gets 91.'

D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH and people wonder why they perform like garbage, and then break!!

*bashes head against table*

geez, i had a work mate at lunch say that very thing "theyd be good cars if they werent so unreliable", i said "WHAT" in high pitched voice, i cut him down and said 'did you service it, did you know the history of the car, did you run 98 in it, did you do preventative maintenance", and hes like "whaatdooya mean, i just drove it"

face palm right there

Gazz you should have face fisted him (punched him in the face to the lazy eyed peeps who cant read normal) & told him to sort his sh1t out. (one day when he get's his life on track he may be able to aspire to own a subaru)

If everyone changed their antifreeze & serviced regularly they would have fuk all problems & i wouldn't have as much to do during the day, would be awesome i may end up with more offspring though.

I would then be able to service my own stuff (wife :-*), create some cool stuff & stare at the clouds a bit more ;)

CUDDAS said:

Gazz you should have face fisted him (punched him in the face to the lazy eyed peeps who cant read normal) & told him to sort his sh1t out. (one day when he get's his life on track he may be able to aspire to own a subaru)

If everyone changed their antifreeze & serviced regularly they would have fuk all problems & i wouldn't have as much to do during the day, would be awesome i may end up with more offspring though.

I would then be able to service my own stuff (wife :-*), create some cool stuff & stare at the clouds a bit more ;)

this is the most awesome saying i have EVER heard!

I've had a few say 'Ohh Subaru's are so unreliable...' and 'They blow up all the time'.

I tell them they don't know shit obviously and have never owned one because from our past 2 subies it's been a blast. No big problems, and I can give my Subi a run for it's money sometimes.

My friend said (who owns a old camry) kept telling me how crappy the subarus are then I see him on the roadside with a fuel injector problem one day.

I show them my collection of broken conrods, warped heads, blocks with holes in them, pistons with holes in them, blown turbo's and gear's with missing teeth and say "I'd have just as many parts here if I owned Nissan's or Mitsi's or Honda's or Toyota's or VW's or Audi's or BMW's etc etc. Its just how I treat my cars. I call it testing the limits on a restricted budget.

If my budget was bigger, I'd have a collection of more expensive broken parts ;)

Koom said:

If my budget was bigger, I'd have a collection of more expensive broken parts ;)

Lol that's so true.

My flatmate thinks I'm an idiot for buying my subi. But he doesn't know I have a grin on my face everytime I drive it :)

why are we still discussing this? CUDDAS sorted it for us

zarnah']

[quote name='CUDDAS said:

Gazz b]you should have face fisted him [/b] (punched him in the face to the lazy eyed peeps who cant read normal) & told him to sort his sh1t out. (one day when he get's his life on track he may be able to aspire to own a subaru)

this is the most awesome saying i have EVER heard!

• 1 month later...

my boss reakons most people dont like them or call them unreliable is because they are labour intensive cars and they get charged more money to fix it with i reakon is right. but small amounts of money here and there is cheaper than a few grand for a complete rebuild at a garage

gazzy2000 said:

geez, i had a work mate at lunch say that very thing "theyd be good cars if they werent so unreliable", i said "WHAT" in high pitched voice, i cut him down and said 'did you service it, did you know the history of the car, did you run 98 in it, did you do preventative maintenance", and hes like "whaatdooya mean, i just drove it"

face palm right there

You guys know of any garages that are still selling 98 octane? I've had to bite the bullet and start using 95, but am not impress.

the turbo ones are the ones that are "unreliable" an they're not really unreliable its just how they get treated, wrong petrol not enough oil changes young people thrashing them all day long ect ect an honestly.... does anyone know any 200+hp cars that make it past 300km easy without some sort of major repairs?

any to anyone who says they expensive to fix just say to them do they actually know that or just talking shit? last time I checked stubaru does cambelts for 280$... once got quoted 1500$ for a clutch change O_O because of the intercooler was so hard to remove... I was like wow really want me to do it ?

it depends who you go to an what you want done....

my rant over, got an ignorant fuck at work who constantly coming out with bs like that about subarus, i just say all good well you wont be wanting to ride in it EVER