Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Anti-Stolen: Tips and tricks for keeping your car safe

boon

ODB said:

haha you extremely nice person.

So feckwit parked that close to the Forester that they were touching the bumper.....for no reason other than to be an asshole.

I let it slide and drove home. Upon getting out i saw a bubble in the paint in the rear bumper as a result of this feckwit and drove back in the truck.

I parked the truck as close as the forester was. I had to get my position back didnt i?????

I just forgot the truck had a tow bar...........................

Oops!

Lol i've done that to a tiny honda city that was abandoned outside my house, genuinely forgot that I had to towbar though.

considering I rarely go away in anything but my 'cruiser which is bull barred to hell,I seem to have no issues in carparks with people driving/backing/parking into my truck :) I dont need respect cause my truck has heaps :) it may not be the fastest/most comfy but it dont get backed into nor broken into nor stolen :)

yeap penguin, dogs ftw, couple staffys in the car that will shred the first screwdriver/wire/hand/face that enters the car is usually a pretty good deterent, that or get a terrano, i have never locked it in all the years i have owned it and no ones ever bothered entering it, the one time i did lock it i was at a trail ride and i came back to find i had locked the bloody keys in it so to avoid that happening i just dont bother haha

• 2 weeks later...

wat about taking out the relays before gng to bed. that stops them starting it but they can still roll it i guess. if they cut the brake lines. leave it in gear with a gear lock thing ive seen before.

gazzy2000 said:

question: alarms with dual imbolizers do they normally imbolize the fuel and igntion circuit? and how well i.e. for the ign wud they tap into the wiring at the ECU?

the technician that came around and did mine did. was watching him the whole time. i think i made him nervous but heck i just wanted to learn something new aye :D

zarnah said:

yeap penguin, dogs ftw, couple staffys in the car that will shred the first screwdriver/wire/hand/face that enters the car is usually a pretty good deterent, that or get a terrano, i have never locked it in all the years i have owned it and no ones ever bothered entering it, the one time i did lock it i was at a trail ride and i came back to find i had locked the bloody keys in it so to avoid that happening i just dont bother haha

who in their right mind would steal a terrano???

;D ;D ;D Jokes

subieboy']

[quote name='zarnah said:

/quote]

who in their right mind would steal a terrano???

;D ;D ;D Jokes

a drunk fulla walking home, oh look that terranos unlock, daym! keys still in it...catchup!

• 4 weeks later...
 zarnah said:

I have a friend whose Terrano was stolen right from outside his place in the middle of the night, It didn't help he left the keys in the ignition....

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of murchison, but that's where it is, and who would want to steal something from here?

retards, though insurance is always a good backup

Edit: it had about 2k worth of speakers,1k of amp, his wallet, Neons and his Ipod...

hehe not to be a downy but

I think taking off all those stickers on ur car will help a little bit.

It's like advertising to the thieves that your car has awesome sounds and parts to be taken

I'm not a big fan for excessive stickers and decals on the car. Keep it simple and nice looking with a good five star alarm :)

If you are going for the extreme with alarm systems like I did on my subi. You could try inserting those sim card on car, sends me a txt to my phone when the car alarm goes off

Hikari said:

I'm not a big fan for excessive stickers and decals on the car. Keep it simple and nice looking with a good five star alarm :)

You are the most un-asian asian around! Decals are king in asian modifying circles! KING!

ODB']

[quote name='Hikari said:

/quote]

You are the most un-asian asian around! Decals are king in asian modifying circles! KING!

Or soft toys, Hello Kitty etc..

hahaha i chuckle at sponsor stickers (that they obviously don't have)...

enough soft toys to entirely block your view out the rear windscreen...

huge spoiler/wing on a car with no kit/ running at stock height and stock rims..

and sad to say, (at least in chch anyways) the main culprits are asians.. ><

haha yeah i find it ridiculous seeing all the sponsor stickers or stickers of their sound system in their car

and the huge dolls hanging down from the rear view mirror.

It is why I hate asians driving Honda's with all the riced out crap like a canon exhaust jdm stickers and you cant forget the eat sleep honda sticker.

STICKERS DO NOT MAKE YOUR CAR GO FASTER.

• 2 weeks later...