Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

My turn to ask a dumb question so prepare yourselves for it ;D

Is it possible to fit the seats from say an 01/02 Legacy into a WRX sport wagon or whatever the purists call them these days? Took one for a drive a while back and the standard seats are NASTY!

Thanks.

clintondane said:

My turn to ask a dumb question so prepare yourselves for it ;D

Is it possible to fit the seats from say an 01/02 Legacy into a WRX sport wagon or whatever the purists call them these days? Took one for a drive a while back and the standard seats are NASTY!

Thanks.

Fronts will fit, rears will not. The rears are always a bit of a pain. You will also be left sitting a wee bit high as later models have a taller cabin.

Wiretap']

[quote name='reaperblitz said:

Has anyone tried a 6s purple afm and yellow injector combo?

/quote]

I'd say it'd run about 20% too rich, give it a go. Easiest way to check would be to have someone run it on a wideband.

Gah. Runs mega rich. Pops flame everywhere. When warm at idle it goes from 300-1000rpm - up and down and up and down.

Think il go back to the 4w ecu for now

reaperblitz']

[quote name='reaperblitz said:

Has anyone tried a 6s purple afm and yellow injector combo?

/quote]

I'd say it'd run about 20% too rich, give it a go. Easiest way to check would be to have someone run it on a wideband.

Gah. Runs mega rich. Pops flame everywhere. When warm at idle it goes from 300-1000rpm - up and down and up and down.

Think il go back to the 4w ecu for now

gotta +1 that :)

diesel utes handle thrashing day in day out petrol utes not so. bushes need replacing by that time though but are common and cheap. The 2l, 3l, 5l engines go forever the common rail stay away...WL-T do fry heads and glow plugs but if treated nice they will live a long time. Also glow plugs are an added expense with diesels so be prepared.

Jambun said:

Question on diesel utes, alot of the older utes are in the high 200s to mid 300s should I be wary of this or does it come down to the old how well its been looked after/serviced.

this is the sweetspot of deisel utes TBH, anything that will go wrong has so will be fixed already, the engines are loosing up nicely.

only down points on diesel vehicles are the road users, does make it nearly cheaper to run a petrol engined vehicle(which i did for our personal vehicle )

I have a personal toyota landcruiser which has an excess of 420,000 k/m on it.

we run exclusively toyota hiace vans in our business ( have about 10) most are in excess of 200,000 km and some are in excess of 400,000 km all run either the 1kzte or the 1/2 kd

Finaly have a dumb question to ask.

Is there any negative effects from running two different types of tyre?

By this I am meaning a pair of the same directional front and a pair of the same asymetrical/non directional rear or vise versa.

It's debatable. I got told it screws 4wd/awd transmissions/ diff/ transfer cases but I'm running non directionals on fronts and directionals on rear (bought car like that) though haven't gotten around to buying a new set.

So... Iv done it on fwd and rwd with no prob lol but I have a feeling it's a no no with awd

if it is a non AWD then i cant see an issue either mechanically nor legally as long as the tires on the same axle are same/similiar...

on an awd i would be cautious mainly because a say 215/45/17 from bridgestone will have a different rolling circumference than a 215/45/17 from hankook, they shouldnt BUT they do :)

depends really on tire make/model and the vehicle setup

on a FWD vehicle i believe in putting the better tire on the rear ( i know does not make sense ) mainly because the rear usually has no weight on it so really needs the best traction it can get

on RWD i would still put best on rear as it again has no weight so needs the most advantage to over come traction lost.

BUT saying that remember the front do 80% of your braking and all your steering...:)

• Guest locked this topic