Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Dumb question,

Im looking at buying a fresh import, just been complied and supplied with a fresh WOF.

Would it be worth getting a pre-purchase inspection done? Or would have that been covered in compliance?

My friends B4 leggy has been overboosting (or at least thats what we think it is and what he was told by dealer when he asked).

It has a full exhaust system but no other engine mods afaik. We recently removed the air intake resonator, Could this be the cause?

I did it on my foz with no problems and I know many of you guys have done this, the only thing different could be that he doesn't have any guard liner between the wheel and the air box intake now (removed for wheel fitment).

We are putting the resonator back on today to see what happens but any ideas would be appreciated

• Admin

I wouldn't think the resonator would be the cause, assuming you mean the thing before the airbox? Anything before the filter is unlikely to have any effect whatsoever on it.

If you were messing around in that area of the engine bay though I would be checking the boost control components and making sure you haven't knocked any plugs or vac lines off something.

Thats what I thought (to both replies) but we have put it back on and will see what happens... Didn't notice any lines popped off or anything but didn't go through it with a fine tooth comb either, I'm not inclined to think it's that because it is only happening occasionally

cheers guys

gotasuby']

[quote name='paulngui said:

Ok just checked my records, last time I paid $27.90 for the filter + drain plug gasket from Winger Sublab up here in Akl.

/quote]

Ouch. I pay 11+ each for genuine oil filters.

Gotasuby, you get them trade price ya?

I think I normally pay $16-17 including a washer!

Hi I am sure my car is a v2wrx and I'm just wondering if I can put on a v3 onwards hood on my car as I want to get carbon one from Tm.friend has a facelift wagon and I only see slight difference in grill region,I was thinking of changing grill anyway.sorry tried searching but probably wrong keywords etc

bford said:

Hi I am sure my car is a v2wrx and I'm just wondering if I can put on a v3 onwards hood on my car as I want to get carbon one from Tm.friend has a facelift wagon and I only see slight difference in grill region,I was thinking of changing grill anyway.sorry tried searching but probably wrong keywords etc

pretty sure you need the v3 headlights and grill aswel. otherwise you end up with a gap between them...

• Guest locked this topic