Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

oh, then :/ do you have cheap/stretched tyres? I had a porsche try and late brake pass me at hampton downs causing me to smash the brakes as hard as I could from 200kph and no lockup with ABS, just a shuddering feeling as the ABS did its thing. The only time ive locked up as such was sliding around in a carpark in the snow, ABS and snow dont mix well :/ Unless your ABS sensor is bung?

ABS can be fooled... if you lockup all 4 wheels hard and at the same time, it will think you are stationary... you\'d need a really low grip situation to have that happen though. In normal situations, you will get momentary lockups... but not a hard lockup... what happened

to you exactly evowrx?

Mid range tyres but has happened on T1R\'s also and 215 on an 8 doesnt even look stretched. Same goes for work hilux - I just thought that ABS was meant to be idiot proof as far as dry roads go.

Loren - pretty much dumb b*tch pulled out in front of me and I had nowhere to go so punched the brake pedal and it locked up. Thankfully skidded to a stop right behind her as she started to drive off so didnt connect. Dry road and 50kph in town.

Big front brakes wouldnt do it would they? I dont know how it all works.

Disruptz said:

What is a brake pipe? apparently it is unsecured.

According to my wof, and is estimated $45 to repair.. ???

Must be referring to one of the Hard Lines, or a Main Brake Lines, at one of the Wheels/Callipers?

All Brake Lines normally bolt to a Strut or Calliper etc.

Rosssub']

What is a brake pipe? apparently it is unsecured. According to my wof, and is estimated $45 to repair.. ???

Must be referring to one of the Hard Lines, or a Main Brake Lines, at one of the Wheels/Callipers? All Brake Lines normally bolt to a Strut or Calliper etc.

[quote name='lachlan said:

what a fkn rip

its more like $4-5 to repair

img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvpjHhLYi_IhiU4QD2YsiZbEI03efoMgoXS3uQdq7cKaVq4DHMEQ[/img]

"Right, that\'s $45.00 plus GST thanks. Pleasure doing business with you"....

lachlan said:

sounds cheap for a midas price .

wanted 60 to charge battery for someone that was working next to them all day

and quoted 800 to replace rotors and pads on a toyota generic run about

dont let females go to midas

Midaswell overcharge people. ;D

STiNGR']

Can you use a p1 intake mani on a p2 block?

[quote name='STiNGR said:

Say a complete v5/6 motor and heads?

Phase 1 and Phase 2 Heads/Manifolds aren\'t interchangeable. Look at the Gasket shape to see the difference in Bolting Patterns.

Rosssub']

Can you use a p1 intake mani on a p2 block?

[quote name='STiNGR said:

Say a complete v5/6 motor and heads?

/quote]

Phase 1 and Phase 2 Heads/Manifolds aren\'t interchangeable. Look at the Gasket shape to see the difference in Bolting Patterns.

Sweet that\'s what I thought. Thanks for the conformation.

I thought all Subaru\'s were 5x100 untill this morning where I came across a page that states the STI 05 and newer is now 5x114.3??

And then to add confusion to it all, apparently the JDM ones retained the 5x100 while the international USDM/NZDM etc (2.5L) STI\'s got 5x114.3?

Which is it? ???

• Guest locked this topic